SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I play this game to destroy monsters and get loot. Alas, with the traps, there is nothing for me to destroy. I especially hate the timed switch-traps. Running for my life in a bullet hell of traps like a headless chicken isn't fun for me. I've done it twice to get my build going, so yea i am capable of doing it, dear trolls, but i am unwilling to do it another time. This isn't why i play PoE and this isn't PoE.

"
"

...they should be anything but optional content. They should exist. Clearly some people like them. The Leader-board thing could be cool. Enchantments could be cool... (A couple passive points on skill tree that could buff enchantments could be cool.)

But what if we could get the ascendancy points just from completing the difficulty? What if they were optional for those that don't care for them. Seems like that would be the best of both worlds - play how you like. Just buff the drops in the Labyrinth and move Ascendancy out from it.

+1

Points behind Malachai would solve it all. Then would actually have reason to complete the game before mapping, at the same, unlike now (is odd), and those liking labyrinth could do it and be rewarded with enchantments also.

Hard to see any negative side-effect with this.

What are you waiting for GGG. Kill two birds with one stone. I would be willing to do merciless malachai over another lab run and that should tell you a lot.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 9, 2016, 7:29:53 PM
BUMP.
What can I say...

PoE doesn't have to be the way that some are thinking. ARPGs are not necessarily a loot/hack & slash only experience (Diablo 1, Torchlight 2, Nox, etc. should come to mind as counterexamples...hell, Devil May Cry and God of War, H&S games have traps). It's fine to hate the labyrinth, but it's wrong to say they are not for an ARPG.

We have adapted to Dominus, Piety the Abomination, Atziri and Malachai, we'll adapt to this (although some technical aspects should be improved, the design refined and the leveling could be made shorter now that there is more meat).

Anyway, GGG won't hear to the people asking for free ascendancy points (beyond of what they have already done). Not their style. They have made the game progressively more challenging (since Dominus). They will force adaptation. Maybe they'll nerf a little, but that's it.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 9, 2016, 8:14:30 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
What can I say...

PoE doesn't have to be the way that some are thinking. ARPGs are not necessarily a loot/hack & slash only experience (Diablo 1, Torchlight 2, Nox, etc. should come to mind as counterexamples...hell, Devil May Cry and God of War, H&S games have traps). It's fine to hate the labyrinth, but it's wrong to say they are not for an ARPG.

We have adapted to Dominus, Piety the Abomination, Atziri and Malachai, we'll adapt to this (although some technical aspects should be improved, the design refined and the leveling could be made shorter now that there is more meat).

Anyway, GGG won't hear to the people asking for free ascendancy points (beyond of what they have already done). Not their style. They have made the game progressively more challenging (since Dominus). They will force adaptation. Maybe they'll nerf a little, but that's it.

You are correct, ARPG's can have that stuff, but only if that is the original design so you know what you are getting. Slapping arcade stuff on later is verboten, since that is not the game you started out with. I suppose PoE is a bit of a gray area, since it is free. I know that many players have invested much time and money in PoE and changing it like that is like pulling the rug out from under us. I like new content. I don't mind higher difficulty, but it should be fair or at least predictable. I don't like the fundamentals of the game changing.
"
Vortextreme wrote:
I don't like the fundamentals of the game changing.

You know, the thing that made PoE fresh originally was the desire to break with ARPG tropes.

Fuck gold, fuck potions, let's put a complex passive skill tree, and skills should be put in gear sockets. Then the bosses became progressively more complex and mechanically more interesting. Then everything ended having affixes (even whole areas).

The labyrinth is just an extension of that will to change ARPGs. PoE is organical, it grows and changes. Not everything was there from the beginning (think of maps, for example).

Your expectations are not really adequate, and they never were.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 10, 2016, 12:38:28 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Well, you are right there. I did not expect this game to devolve into a dodge-the-spikes-cellphone-game-shit-show.
Last edited by Vortextreme on Mar 10, 2016, 1:28:27 AM
"
Vortextreme wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Well, you are right there. I did not expect this game to devolve into a dodge-the-spikes-cellphone-game-shit-show.

ive asked you before but no answer

have you player it yet? because by the way you word your thoughs it looks like you repeat hearsay 'evidence' - platform etc? it is an EXTREME exaggeration without any connection to FACTS

lab is a series of small maps with SOME traps/puzzles. other than that it is a very high mob density area (arpg), with bosses (arpg) and loot (arpg). you are there yet to claim it has no rewards (your highest char is lvl 58 so you WILL get level appropriate rewards in merc lab - when you get there)

so play it maybe because without it your 'evidence' and 'feedback' is worthless (and ggg is perfectly capable of checking if and for how long did you play this content before presenting 'conclusions')
I just dislike the fact that a character customization system is gated behind the labyrinth.
+1 for free points
"
And1111 wrote:
+1 for free points

Not FREE points :) SET FREE AC poinst from Lab, we dont want people think we ask for free stuff, they dont have any argument on their side lets not give them any incentives.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info