SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Regulator wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
+1 for free points


Not FREE points :) SET FREE AC poinst from Lab, we dont want people think we ask for free stuff, they dont have any argument on their side lets not give them any incentives.





But if its not behind the lab then where is it, adding it to malachai is giving free points because people have to do normal and cruel anyway to advance, not to mention it doesn't fit the lore or previous behavior for act bosses prior to him.

Not only that putting it behind malachai just allows for players to purchase the points, just like they can purchase rushes. At least with the lab players have to be able to make it past the traps, even if they do get someone to kill the boss.


You don't have a solution because you know if its not in the lab it isn't an acceptable alternative, the lab benefit of enchanting is only part of the reason why people run the lab, without having a reason to run thru it the first couple of times players could and would just avoid it all together, which isn't something GGG wants done with expansion content.



Don't like the lab, too fucking bad.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

I will not rest until fortify+pure movement skill no longer works. It has plagued this game for too long. (salt, salt everywhere)
"
goetzjam wrote:
Lets give everyone free unique items.
Lets give everyone free 6 links.
Lets give everyone free mirrored weapons.
Lets give everyone free leveled masters.
Lets give everyone free level 100.

No


AT this point I might actually enjoy playing the game yeah , but before that all that grind for nothing lol no thanks .
R.I.P 4.B.
Hi

Nope.

Is it worth all the trouble to get ascendancy points? Yes, took me two hours, came close to dying a few times, but at the end I got the points and a enchantment for gloves, and a great feeling of success, VICTORY.


cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Mar 10, 2016, 12:11:33 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Vortextreme wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:


Your expectations are not really adequate, and they never were.


Well, you are right there. I did not expect this game to devolve into a dodge-the-spikes-cellphone-game-shit-show.


ive asked you before but no answer

have you player it yet? because by the way you word your thoughs it looks like you repeat hearsay 'evidence' - platform etc? it is an EXTREME exaggeration without any connection to FACTS

lab is a series of small maps with SOME traps/puzzles. other than that it is a very high mob density area (arpg), with bosses (arpg) and loot (arpg). you are there yet to claim it has no rewards (your highest char is lvl 58 so you WILL get level appropriate rewards in merc lab - when you get there)

so play it maybe because without it your 'evidence' and 'feedback' is worthless (and ggg is perfectly capable of checking if and for how long did you play this content before presenting 'conclusions')


My primary objection has always been about the addition of trap/spike/blade running/jumping switch puzzle stuff, it's not integral to PoE and it changes the game experience in a polarizing way. I imagine teenagers who haven't experienced 35+ years of this kind of gameplay or people who already like it may not mind. I do mind and my criticism is valid, whether you want to dismiss me or not. I can see it in the Ascension video, which made me dread this update. I have experienced it in the trials, which angered me. I don't feel movement puzzles are appropriate content for this game, and I don't want this mechanic to spread to more of the game.

As for the laby, I am going to wait for the patch/update to see how this shakes out before I spend any time on it. I created a new char to do the ascension stuff, but quit because of the trials. I can now see from complaints that other aspects of the lab are bad/broken but some issues may be fixed soon in 2.2.1. Doesn't sound like they are addressing the questionable design decisions. I will post feedback specific to to the laby when I have some, but it does sound awful. Really, everything I avoid in video games: mazes, puzzles and general frustration-based design, but we'll see. If GGG is discounting my feedback in their official feedback forum, then that is their problem.

Not sure why you take exception with my posts, since your cohorts are posing dismissive nonsense like ITS OPTIONAL, GIT GUD, TOO BAD STOP Q Q or U JUST WANT EVERYTHING EASY, completely ignoring any points made or having to prove that they've even played it. I do regret lowering my level of discourse to match what I was reading at the time.
"
goetzjam wrote:

But if its not behind the lab then where is it, adding it to malachai is giving free points because people have to do normal and cruel anyway to advance, not to mention it doesn't fit the lore or previous behavior for act bosses prior to him.

It actually fits the lore really well. Beat Malachai, go back to Dialla and Oyun, Oyun opens a portal for you to 'ascend' to a new difficulty. Perhaps she even instructs you to visit the altar of ascendancy if you want to 'ascend', which would be conveniently placed nearby.

When Act V comes in, the ascendancy points would of course come from beating act v instead. (it would be the same quest though: make it a separate quest to 'ascend' so it's not confusing.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 10, 2016, 2:20:55 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

But if its not behind the lab then where is it, adding it to malachai is giving free points because people have to do normal and cruel anyway to advance, not to mention it doesn't fit the lore or previous behavior for act bosses prior to him.

It actually fits the lore really well. Beat Malachai, go back to Dialla and Oyun, Oyun opens a portal for you to 'ascend' to a new difficulty. Perhaps she even instructs you to visit the altar of ascendancy if you want to 'ascend', which would be conveniently placed nearby.

When Act V comes in, the ascendancy points would of course come from beating act v instead. (it would be the same quest though: make it a separate quest to 'ascend' so it's not confusing.)


How does it fit the lore, when the current lore supports Izaro's labyrinth? The simple fact that you are suggesting that it moves with the addition of act 5 just goes to prove moving it onto malachi is nothing but a scheme to make it easier to get the points. So no don't just makeup a shitty excuse to get something easier, you are wrong and you know it.

You don't ascend to a new difficulty you progress to one, completely different mechanics as show with the expansion.


You only ascend after you beat Izaro's and claim the prize he provides, not before only after you kill him.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

I will not rest until fortify+pure movement skill no longer works. It has plagued this game for too long. (salt, salt everywhere)
Looks like they made zero changes to the points after saying they would.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Looks like they made zero changes to the points after saying they would.


I believe they said they were starting the process, that might mean you know it would take some time....
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

I will not rest until fortify+pure movement skill no longer works. It has plagued this game for too long. (salt, salt everywhere)
points were granted

you have to complete lab AT LEAST once per character (this includes - unfortunately - doing the trials..)

if you do this in Merciless youll get 6 points and an ascendancy to pick up
"
sidtherat wrote:
this includes - unfortunately - doing the trials..


Maybe not :) Some of my Standard character in Merc have open Lab entrance and quest marked as done. Some not. Don't know why. Maybe granting process work per character, not per account.

Moreover, just after Chris' announcement I went to do Normal Lab on my only specced Standard character and took Ascendancy, but still I got 4 point and didn't need to do Merc Lab. Lucky me :)

I don't know if it still works and will not check soon, as I'm not in position to specc more characters now.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info