SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:

It is destructive to PoE and all of our best interests to take this attitude. The ascendancy points can be made available outside labyrinth without hurting anyone's playing style while significantly improving the enjoyment of many others.

Labyrinth is horrible and not fun for many. This is what makes the dung beetle analogy so accurate. Some like it and some don't. It is counter productive to deny the reality of this fact.

And I hate leveling masters every league, why does GGG force me to level them to gain the benefits of them. I mean I wanted to do perandus map mod on all of my maps, but GGG made me level zana first, what type of shit is that.

The lab and AC points go hand and hand together, it doesn't matter if you enjoy doing it or not. We've been over this they don't care if you enjoy doing it, because you do it to gain the points for AC. Sacrificing game design, in order to shut the 1\2 dozen of you guys up that literally can't enjoy the game because of the lab, despite:

A) only playing on standard, so have to do the lab even less then anyone else
B) can simply run thru it so fast with legacy gear it doesn't really matter
C) only have to actually run thru it twice per previously made characters (merciless+uber)

But nope you guys have to constantly complain about something they literally said "we have no plans changing".

Please tell me why you think you posting for the 50th time on the topic makes any difference, if you can't come up with a response that doesn't involve a shit eating analogy, then don't bother responding.

You aren't discussing anything new at this point, the last time anything new was discussed was when the uber lab\trials came out.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Regulator wrote:
Really funny fact, (..) Why cant you let this die? Isnt a whole new expansion out there to enjoy? Still playing the forum game? Nothing better to do? A whole new expansion with lots of thingies to do and yet you choose to participate on this thread.

you told us you are going to leave - you have even created a goodbye post somewhere around here. and it is you who spend time playing the forum game. or you have changed your mind and despite saying so you still play (on standard, so we cannot see the achievements)

it is really funny that you are the one complaining about the quoted stuff.

if you 'the holly band of the Lab' werent so aggressive and obnoxious maybe youll find some sympathy. but you all did EVERYTHING including PM harassment to make enemies. including devs. and you expect something to happen to bend a game to your liking while you act like that? because what?

you had your chance with polite feedback - what you did was to wage war and ruin everyone's else day by spamming this very forum with your alt accounts and shit-eating analogies

maybe it is time to stick to your words and leave?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
Really funny fact, (..) Why cant you let this die? Isnt a whole new expansion out there to enjoy? Still playing the forum game? Nothing better to do? A whole new expansion with lots of thingies to do and yet you choose to participate on this thread.

you told us you are going to leave - you have even created a goodbye post somewhere around here. and it is you who spend time playing the forum game. or you have changed your mind and despite saying so you still play (on standard, so we cannot see the achievements)

it is really funny that you are the one complaining about the quoted stuff.

if you 'the holly band of the Lab' werent so aggressive and obnoxious maybe youll find some sympathy. but you all did EVERYTHING including PM harassment to make enemies. including devs. and you expect something to happen to bend a game to your liking while you act like that? because what?

you had your chance with polite feedback - what you did was to wage war and ruin everyone's else day by spamming this very forum with your alt accounts and shit-eating analogies

maybe it is time to stick to your words and leave?

People can not play and still post in the forums. I've been doing that more and more.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
MekaDragon wrote:
If someone has technical problems in a game and that person wants something removed because of that... seriously, does it even have any sense??

It's their problem, not game's.

Again with the removal nonsense?

"
MekaDragon wrote:
Obtaining the ascendancy points from somewhere that isn't the labyrinth just removes lots of potential from the labyrinth itself. It would break gameplay and lore, making the Ascendancy expansion just wrong.

That's the catch with ascendancy points. "You want them, right? Come get them. Proof yourself worthy and claim them when you're ready."

You didn't comprehend anything I wrote, did you? There are suggestions (in the OP, and spoilered above) that keep the lore in tact as well as use the labyrinth. I'm personally in favor of the one-room three-stage Izaro fight, separated by waves of trash enemies for flasks, without any rewards accept ascendancy, which maintains the use of traps in Izaro's room, the labyrinth lore, and challenge of the boss fight.

Also, the whole "prove yourself worthy" line is laughable to me. Some people can (as seen on leaderboards) complete the labyrinth in under 5 minutes, speeding past traps as if they didn't exist, and one-shotting Izaro. That looks more like "prove yourself able to ignore the challenges of the labyrinth, and take what you please!" I would not feel especially worthy of anything special for doing that, nor for taking a slow build and carefully navigating them either. It proves very little, and does not equally show a build's worthiness of anything else in the game except navigating the labyrinth!

The ascendancy classes being locked up at the end of the labyrinth doesn't make ANY lore sense to me either. The ascendancy classes are based on those who attempted to run the labyrinth, but FAILED, and supposedly, their consciousnesses linger around the place anyway. The game designers decided to put the altar at the end (why it was there in the first place isn't explained in lore. It may as well be at the start, where a failed consciousness latches onto you to help you and finally get to the end and destroy the creepy skeletal emperor with your help)

For me, personally, my distaste for the labyrinth... it's the frustration of client crashes or "unexpected errors" on whatever side that is, crashing me out of the labyrinth when switching zones, after Izaro's 2nd form, and nearly reaching his 3rd, multiple times, after taking 30min-1hour to get that far each time? No thanks, not gonna endure what I consider torturous gameplay and disrespect for my time and accomplishments (and it's designed to force a re-start intentionally!). It's not the supposed challenge (grab blink arrow or quicksilver flasks and the traps are a non-topic), or the presence of near-instakill traps that disregard nearly all gameplay choices up to this point (also equally valid reasons to dislike the labyrinth as a concept)... it's the starting over for no good reason. It's also why I don't play hardcore, where ALL your work can be wiped out on a single death.

At the very least, I'd expect them to add memory to the labyrinth to remember the end-condition of each Izaro battle (which would reset to the memory condition each time, if one portals out or gets disconnected, so it cannot be used to whittle down Izaro's life during each encounter) and waypoints unique to each attempt after each Izaro battle. These memory conditions and waypoints would be reset upon Labyrinth completion or death to retain the original challenge they ATTEMPTED badly, to introduce in this round-about-way. You'd still have to navigate the labyrinth between each Izaro battle anew each time you disconnect, but it would be a little more tolerable to me, personally.

To me, the labyrinth is frustrating and annoying and not a fun challenge (not difficult). It does not have to be the only way to gain ascendancy classes, and can still be a fun challenge for other people. There are no arguments that GGG made the right decision to design the labyrinth in a way that makes the above a reality, that I would accept as reasonable - perhaps true reasons for the decision, but not reasonable.

I'm sorry, I let my annoyance get the best of me. It's just the disregarding of all the posts on this topic and generalization and assumptions made by people (not just Meka) get on my nerves rarely.

(PS: I also don't bother to level masters in leagues, only standard. It's a waste of time otherwise.)
"
goetzjam wrote:

And I hate leveling masters every league, why does GGG force me to level them to gain the benefits of them.

If you feel that it's a terrible design decision on the part of GGG to make you level masters and you hate doing it to the point where it makes you want to quit the game, then I suggest you post something about it on this Feedback Form.

p.s. Leveling masters is completely optional and is there for those who want to do it. Personally, I never worry about it.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
this is a beta game. GGG cant fix all at once, atlas is nice the rest...
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

And I hate leveling masters every league, why does GGG force me to level them to gain the benefits of them.

If you feel that it's a terrible design decision on the part of GGG to make you level masters and you hate doing it to the point where it makes you want to quit the game, then I suggest you post something about it on this Feedback Form.

p.s. Leveling masters is completely optional and is there for those who want to do it. Personally, I never worry about it.

I wonder if there's 248 threads in this forum indicating that this master leveling issue is a problem? Actually, I suspect it has been mentioned in these labyrinth threads more than anywhere else, LOL!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 12, 2016, 10:55:43 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

I wonder if there's 248 threads in this forum indicating that this master leveling issue is a problem? Actually, I suspect it has been mentioned in these labyrinth threads more than anywhere else, LOL!

What does that have to do with anything? If you want the game changed for one small group of players, then you should be all for it to be changed for every small group who wants something.

Red maps should be easy to sustain.
Trade should be automated.
One play through only to maps.
1 hit kills eliminated.
Map bosses re-tuned to be easier.
No re-leveling masters.
More coins.
Perandus outside of maps.
MTX cheaper.

There you go. Enough crusades to keep you busy into the next century. As Dialla says, tears are infinite, so all you need to do is start spamming the forums.

If you are going to fight against Regulator at least give him the courtesy of the same amount of work in your posts after he decimates your position to smithereens.
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
If you are going to fight against Regulator at least give him the courtesy of the same amount of work in your posts after he decimates your position to smithereens.

alt account created solely for the purpose of spamming the same stuff everywhere. courtesy you say?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info