SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Wow its a troll fest today. So many words so little substance.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Aug 18, 2016, 7:14:02 PM
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Wow its a troll fest today. So many words so little substance.

Welcome to PoE forums. The devs don't even read these, so trolling is about all it's good for.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
After stumbling into Grim Dawn and playing it I have decided to fully move on to this game. I am no longer holding out hope for POE in the near future to fix its issues and I will no longer be posting on these forums in the near to mid future as well. Maybe in a year or two I will see what is up with this game. Until then good luck in POE and the lab folks and the new map system. Its not going to be enuf for me. But its been a fun ride. I'm officially retired. Cheers to GGG for making this great entry into the ARPG market. I am definitely excited for POE 2. I hope they learn from their mistakes here in POE 1 eventually. Time is up for me but maybe they will still fix lab for those that remain with hope they will change it. Keep your chin up to all the folks pushing for changes in lab. Keep the fight alive. -PBF
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
After stumbling into Grim Dawn and playing it I have decided to fully move on to this game. I am no longer holding out hope for POE in the near future to fix its issues and I will no longer be posting on these forums in the near to mid future as well. Maybe in a year or two I will see what is up with this game. Until then good luck in POE and the lab folks and the new map system. Its not going to be enuf for me. But its been a fun ride. I'm officially retired. Cheers to GGG for making this great entry into the ARPG market. I am definitely excited for POE 2. I hope they learn from their mistakes here in POE 1 eventually. Time is up for me but maybe they will still fix lab for those that remain with hope they will change it. Keep your chin up to all the folks pushing for changes in lab. Keep the fight alive. -PBF

We're sorry to see you go. Good luck in GD and do come back in a year or so to see if things have gotten better while you were gone.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:

We're sorry to see you go. Good luck in GD and do come back in a year or so to see if things have gotten better while you were gone.

If the things stay the same, he actually won't be the only one that goes that way...

GGG has to take a stand and at least improve the actual "Ascendancy" by making it worth it - solo runs only - and also by at least making all the points available after completing Uber Labyrinth once per character, if not, I don't see a true reason to not offer an alternate option to "Ascend"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Aug 19, 2016, 2:20:16 AM
Making the lab solo ? wth ?
So if you decide to play a pure supporting character with a friend, you are meant to have a very hard time in higher versions of the lab ???
PoE has already no much to encourage group play, don't make the lab solo only ( And I am mostly a solo player, largely ).

Seriously, no.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:

Grim dawn is amazing until you realize that your only chance at beating it is to farm countless hours for uniques, so that you can max out your resists. At that stage it sucks monkey balls. Poe is much better in that regard. Of course it has no flogger sequences, which is something it does better than Poe. The rogue style dungeons of GD are done according to rpg standards. A lot of tough enemies , one chance at the dungeon and a few traps scattered here and there.

I guess Poe could seriously learn how to do rogue dungeons from GD.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 19, 2016, 11:19:19 AM
I received an email promoting AoW and hit "unsubscribe", given that I've given up on POE and moved on to Grim Dawn (it's an excellent game, by the way). But, I thought I'd check out what was happening as I still have plenty of fond memories and I was wondering if GGG had announced plans to make changes to Lab.

Months after I left it turns out that Lab is still by far the least liked and most controversial part of the game (no surprise there) and GGG looks like it still hasn't come to terms with how Lab will never stop being widely disliked, in its current form, and with how many customers Lab is likely to cause them to lose over the longer run (no surprise there either).

"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:

Grim dawn is amazing until you realize that your only chance at beating it is to farm countless hours for uniques, so that you can max out your resists. At that stage it sucks monkey balls. Poe is much better in that regard. Of course it has no flogger sequences, which is something it does better than Poe. The rogue style dungeons of GD are done according to rpg standards. A lot of tough enemies , one chance at the dungeon and a few traps scattered here and there.

I guess Poe could seriously learn how to do rogue dungeons from GD.

I wholeheartedly agree that GGG could learn a lot about how to put together rogue dungeons from GD. In fact, I learned from GD that rogue-like dungeons can be a *lot* of fun. I certainly didn't learn from POE's Lab.

Regarding Grim Dawn, I disagree that you need to farm countless hours for uniques to finish the game. I have a conjurer summoner in late hardcore ultimate, self found and solo all the way. Resists are maxed or close to maxed across the board using just self found gear, with few legendaries and no BIS gear in any gear slot. If you're careful in how you layer augments, components, gear, and devotions, it's not that difficult to max resists and get 10K+ life. Virtually no farming was done at all, other than for faction.

For builds that scale off heavily off of equipment, then I couldn't say either way, as I don't have late game experience with such builds.

GL to PBF and others who will (undoubtedly) be making their way to other games in the coming months.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Aug 19, 2016, 1:18:32 PM
I want PoE's devs to improve the fx of the Energy Shield so it's not just a "smudge on the globe";
PoE would like me to buy 10 points to unlock that since it's not an important enough feature everybody wants.
I want PoE's devs to unlock Ascendancy so it's not behind the Lab;
PoE's devs would like me to buy 20 points to unlock that since it's not a feature everybody needs to avoid.

"Supporter" accounts aren't affected in this way.
"Non-supporter" accounts don't feel bad about the lack of graphics on their profile.
Last edited by degraga on Aug 20, 2016, 5:22:36 AM
I know what somebody is going to say, so before that happens:

I don't think GGG made Ascendancy and Lab as bad it is to solicit estranged support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info