SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Games are being developed today without the gamer in mind.
I don't know if any gamer has recognised this fact at all.

"Tough" gamers are no different than "Everybody Else" gamers.
Unless you factor in which has the better health and to what it's doing good or bad for.
Regulator i agree with you , the lab is not fun , it doesn't feel like poe but another game and i think i rather play poe instead its much more fun . For people saying it's completely optional , its so strong character boost and customization so it really is mandatory to get the ascendancy point .
On the point of Ascendancy points being optional, in Rory's last State of Exile youtube interview https://youtu.be/BR1CEUOrHPE?t=22m22s (the immediately relevant part is about 2minutes long), he mentioned that they specifically balanced the new endgame stuff around players having the ascendancy classes and their potential for large burst damage and other playstyles. (enemies won't neccessarily have more HP, but will be more challenging, whatever that means - more mechanics that interact with ascendancy classes and how they increase their damage, or avoid damage? we'll have to see)

They are no longer 'optional' ignorable nodes. People without ascendancies are left behind. They are not being used to add balance to the existing game. The game is being balanced around them, (which was the obvious eventuality, or having an ascendancy class would be by definition "over powered" compared to those without them...) The argument that "the game hasn't changed for people without ascendancy classes" meaning "we can simply ignore the labyrinth and play as if the ascendancy classes didn't exist" can be taken off the table for those who want to dismiss the importance of Labyrinth changes.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
On the point of Ascendancy points being optional, in Rory's last State of Exile youtube interview https://youtu.be/BR1CEUOrHPE?t=22m22s (the immediately relevant part is about 2minutes long), he mentioned that they specifically balanced the new endgame stuff around players having the ascendancy classes and their potential for large burst damage and other playstyles. (enemies won't neccessarily have more HP, but will be more challenging, whatever that means - more mechanics that interact with ascendancy classes and how they increase their damage, or avoid damage? we'll have to see)

They are no longer 'optional' ignorable nodes. People without ascendancies are left behind. They are not being used to add balance to the existing game. The game is being balanced around them, (which was the obvious eventuality, or having an ascendancy class would be by definition "over powered" compared to those without them...) The argument that "the game hasn't changed for people without ascendancy classes" meaning "we can simply ignore the labyrinth and play as if the ascendancy classes didn't exist" can be taken off the table for those who want to dismiss the importance of Labyrinth changes.

Imagine what would happen if they added an in game poll about the labyrinth. The delusion of a minority being hateful towards lab would shatter in an instant. Again, there is absolutely no reason to not add an alternative way of ascending.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Again, there is absolutely no reason to not add an alternative way of ascending.

Aside from all of the reasons given early in this thread, sure.

Either you do the lab and get the points, hating it or not or you don't and eventually quit the game. Personally I prefer the first for most of you, but not going to cry if some of you follow path #2.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Again, there is absolutely no reason to not add an alternative way of ascending.

Aside from all of the reasons given early in this thread, sure.

Either you do the lab and get the points, hating it or not or you don't and eventually quit the game. Personally I prefer the first for most of you, but not going to cry if some of you follow path #2.

Your missing what the stats say. They say with the Lab most people do one character and quit before or after doing it one time. Before the Lab this game has WAY better retention.

But if you think a less popular game with no replay ability is great then Path 2 is awesome for this game.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Your missing what the stats say. They say with the Lab most people do one character and quit before or after doing it one time. Before the Lab this game has WAY better retention.

But if you think a less popular game with no replay ability is great then Path 2 is awesome for this game.

what stats?
"
Fruz wrote:
Ah right you went for the weekly, my bad.
Both have about the same relevance imho, we are not completely through prophecy though.

But even though :
weekly : Aug 15 : 7663

Well, monthly averages give you only 2 or 3 data points for prophecy. Also, 7663 is the weekly average for the week ending Aug 15. The average for the week starting Aug 15 (presumably a partial average that doesn't include the weekend) is 6856.

There's a pretty good exponential fit to the post-Prophecy steam weekly player numbers. If the trend continues, the week starting Aug 22 will go below 6,600 players (an all time low).
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
We will see then, we need to wait for the end of this league to have actual stats.

And then we will see how many players join for AoW.

"
almostdead wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

what stats?

Wanted to ask lol.
The stats that came in with the white rabbit I guess.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I never post in here, but after trying the lab for 1 hour and dying to lag, disconnect, and a bad rubber-banding in the last fight... My blood pressure was too high.

I'm a whale in Marvel Heroes (over 8000 hours played), and wanted to try something different for fun, so trying PoE... but the lab thing is way too frustrating for me.

Level 51 in frakkin normal, and I'm dying to traps in rubber-banding and lag... why is it not saving my progress anywhere?!?!?

I was having so much fun until the lab. :(

My internet is really good (I'm almost constantly at a rock-steady 50ms), I don't get rubber-banding and no disconnect for hours and hours... then I went to the lab. D/C, disconnect, rubber-banding, I'm never dying to Izaro, I'm dying to spike of lag in frakkin traps! I'm not dying to the boss, I'm dying because I get lag spike in traps!

I'm a big spender, but with crap like this, PoE won't get any of my money.

So yeah, set free the ascendancy points, or at least put some SAVE points at different place in the labs!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info