SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Labyrinth is utter shit and not even remotely fun. Best thing GGG can do is to move first 6 ascendancy points behind behind Malachai and gate the last 2 behind some mapping.
Most frustrating thing ever. I REALLY hate the lab. :(

Tried Cruel Lab at level 62 (!!), it was a breeze until the last fight... Boss was down to 1-2%, I got teleported (??) on a trap in lava, got bad rubber banding, died to the trap.

So I have to redo all the lab, again, not because I died to the boss fight, but died to rubber banding, just before killing the last boss in the 3rd fight.

We should have a save point just before the 3 fights. Can't believe I have to do the lab all over again, and pray I won't get any lag just before the end again.

What a crap idea. Seriously. :(

Put the ascendancy points where they belong, at the END of each difficulties, after killing Malachai!

I wanted to come back to the game, but the lab is pushing me away. :(
Yea, the lab is really not a good design for a game like PoE. Really hope that GGG will implement a alternative way of getting this points in future.
I played in the 48h flashback ssf race,
not that I'm a top racer but I enjoy it.
this quote from the anouncement of the race is relevant to this thread I think;
"If you choose not to pick an Ascendancy class you won't be eligible for winning Demigods but.."

so, this is a race for levels but wait..
if you don't do certain content you are punished, not just punished you are excluded from the top reward!

GGG already locked character progression behind lab, next thing they can do is locking some other keystones (like MoM or CI or BM) in the tree behind some other content.
that is some level of BS I can't wrap my head around.

logical, reasonable arguments are not heard by GGG and they get responses like "it's optional" or "get good" or "I like lab" or some other nonsense, both here and in-game.
what the heck dude, can't you read?

here is my current argument: lab is cancer!

edit: died at lvl83 as shadow in the 48h flashback ssf race.
selçuk
Last edited by selcuk on Aug 21, 2016, 12:50:46 PM
"
selcuk wrote:
"If you choose not to pick an Ascendancy class you won't be eligible for winning Demigods but.."

Well, demigod is for the top classes ... and it's kinda understandable that GGG does not want to creates cases were some people would not ascend where they would have liked to, just to try winning a demigod => self gimping to get demigod.
The point of the race is to aim for as high as you can, ascendancy classes are part of it.

PS : The game balance has started to be done around ascendancy skills, not taking them is just self-gimp.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Ascendancy points are now confirmed as mandatory by a protected forum user.

There you have it folks.
"
Ascendancy points are now confirmed as mandatory by a protected forum user.

There you have it folks.

Chris said that they were not optional during a podcast, which one ... don't remember.

"protected forum user" /rofl
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
You should /rofl man. It must feel good to enjoy that ToU breaking freedom :)

And yes. Chris has agreed that the ascendancy points are mandatory. Good to see you finally agree that it's true. You're making slow progress!
"

Chris said that they were not optional during a podcast, which one ... don't remember.

I'm quoting you but what I will say is not specifically directed to you.

You guys had to wait Chris saying it to understand/admit it is not optional ?
Stop reciting Chris' words like mantras and start thinking by yourself, discussion is not possible by acting like this.
I hate lab and i hate that that pos killed big part of HC population that moved to SC and SC temp leagues or just quit the game. Many of my friends did, and numbers i saw recently says that. I also hate that i like PoE a lot since there are no games out there that i like as PoE so i can't quit because of lab.

When they added pokemons or whatever they called them in WoW, which i played for 10 years, i didn't care that i dont like them and find them retarded addition to the game since i could just forget about them. But fuck me i need those fucking ascendancy points in god damn lab.

And just to be clear i did lab on like 4-5 chars on HC and never died, but that shit is biggest fail content addition in history of gaming.

P.S. I don't want to offend the guy, but since day 1 i thought lab was Charan idea....did anyone else have that feeling too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info