SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Viralset wrote:
Please put some restricted cool loot on Labs, just like Atziri, and free the points. I have chars that 'CAN DO' lab without problems (just boredon), but also I have glass cannon chars whos just can't! It's restricting the options of end game builds...

Remember the 'build of the week'? I think by now they will all be tankers...

Jesus, i'd ratter quit than asceding all my alts...

but you know that this might be te reason to put the lab in? so people can no longer build uber glasscannon builds and right click trough the game with 3.2k and 1.5mil dps

it is a speed bump to power creep and a learning opportunity for new players

people were so used to all-damage no-skill builds that they simply cannot cope with the content

If that were so the speed bump would have to be on the road not beside it.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Viralset wrote:
Please put some restricted cool loot on Labs, just like Atziri, and free the points. I have chars that 'CAN DO' lab without problems (just boredon), but also I have glass cannon chars whos just can't! It's restricting the options of end game builds...

but you know that this might be te reason to put the lab in? so people can no longer build uber glasscannon builds and right click trough the game with 3.2k and 1.5mil dps

it is a speed bump to power creep and a learning opportunity for new players

people were so used to all-damage no-skill builds that they simply cannot cope with the content

Maybe it's about choice, so the "Warriors" don't HAVE to ascend if they choose the other road :)
"
Jojas wrote:

it is on the road. it gates ascendancy points. it is a VERY effective bump given the outry of glasscannon builders..
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:

it is on the road. it gates ascendancy points. it is a VERY effective bump given the outry of glasscannon builders..

A million-dps glass cannon build doesn't need an ascendancy class. He'll lose some but he can do what he always did just fine. Besides, I think if GGG wanted to get glass cannon builds out of the game they would do that by means of balancing. Putting that "speed bump" up seems a bit a too heavy handed.
its even more simple.

GGG will add durability in weapons and gear.

Repair on weapons would be with whetstones and gear with scraps.

So, the traps in lab would be able to break and destroyed but with a higher impact on durability rather than the normal game.
And since you can't go out to town portal, its a nice add to this, cause you will choose what traps to break or not if you want to keep your main weapon/gear without to break in the lab.

Problem solved GG :)
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Mar 18, 2016, 12:06:37 PM
"
Viralset wrote:

Lab should've been an optional end game content like Atziri with Izaro specific loot.

And u get ascendancy points for doing trials and killing Act Bosses like Piety\Dominus and Malachai.

And enchantments should be made like crafting master stuff.

This would've been a good idea and not draw so much hate here and on reddit like original Lab.

Never lock something a player can not aquire by trading in arpg behind content he will be forced to do, will draw hate every time.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Mar 19, 2016, 4:20:10 AM
There are lab haters and there are the lovers. But the stats provided say it all. 6% of player base run Merc lab. By what Qarl said it divides the player base bout half-half. This is not good.

Some players (like me) hate lab guts. Whole Ascendancy behind lab definitely won't help me to reroll more. I play ARPG to get some action not to repeat tedious and boring stuff of maze after maze, trap after trap. You may say but maps are boring too! Yes they can be but again I play ARPG to get the action, to kill the stuff, to get the loot and then too kill some more and get more loot. I love to slay the monsters and rip the benefits of it, forgive me GGG.

I am mad at GGG for doing what they did with Ascendancy. I am sorry but the whole lab puts me off enjoying the game as I used to. But I am just a common shmug, "ruler" says its fantastic so it must be.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Lazy people everywhere, to lazy to do content to get rewards as the game intended.
Whole few hours of investements to get all ascendancy points in all difficulties (in old games you had to grind for 100+ hours and nobody cried).
Boss with is so well designed that its attacks can be avoided entirely (doesnt even require good build/gear to do), people still cry about it, because how can a game require player skill, right?

The only bothersome content are enchantments, because the helmet might really require from you 20-40 hours of gameplay. But like I wrote, MMORPG games tends to require high amount of playtime to get something good.

I would only add small addition to game, new currency (exalted rarity) - allowing you to transfer enchantment from gear to gear.
Last edited by herflik on Mar 19, 2016, 8:39:28 AM
@herflik If you think all that frustration and negativity comes from lazyness (or as other white knights claim from difficulty) i suggest you read this thread and countless others carefully.

On topic : Im surprised people havent still commented and analyzed yesterday's stats.

High-end farming areas, these refer to the last seven days.:

Maps 3,935,376
Merciless Dried Lake 1,188,825
Merciless Docks 732,380
Merciless Solaris 1 667,079
Merciless Labyrinth 235,415

Not including time in Hideouts and Town, the breakdown looks like this :

Normal 40.3575%
Cruel 20.4968%
Merciless 20.4086%
Maps 12.6867%
Labyrinth 6.0503%

Take a closer look on those stats and make your conclusions. To me and GGG thats obvious that labyrinth is not so popular, and surely not as popular as the white knights seem to believe. Less popularity than merci solaris and docks that says a lot. Also the breakdown doesnt clarify that but labyrinth time the way its put must be for all difficulties, so again labyrinth seems not popular at all.

And take into account that labyrinth would be even lower in popularity if the AC points were not gated behind it. Exactly what we have been saying for quite a while now. Surely that numbers will increase when GGG implements the daily award for the number 1 in labyrinth, but the facts are the same, labyrinth is tedious, boring, frustrating and totally alienating, it should be 100% optional without AC points linked to it in any fucking possible way.

We could even compare the labyrinth with the pvp seasons, imagine if GGG had gated AC points behind pvp, IMAGINE. Regarding numbers i say that labyrinth must be quite more popular than pvp was in that patch, but ill say it again thats only because of the AC gating.

Suggestion: So whats the next step? Improve rewards in the labyrinth, make more uniques that only drop in the labyrinth and izaro, fix the performance issues inside the labyrinth, add the daily rewards for those who really enjoy the labyrinth runs and finally and most importantly SET FREE ASCENDANCY POINTS from labyrinth's tyranny.

Below there is a quote regarding yesterday's news.

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Surprised lab time is that low, hopefully it goes up.

I'm surprised it is that high. I think most people just want to get their Ascension and then never set foot in the Lab again.

The Labyrinth content has been quite divisive. There are a lot of players that have loved the labyrinth and sent us very positive feedback. There are players who are very heavily engaged with it (and I suspect that will go up when ladders get added).

We also have players who have disliked it. I'm not sure of the exact breakdown, but it certainly is enough in each camp that it feels too close to call in either direction. I haven't seen many neutral opinions about it.

Qarl obviously as part of GGG staff putted it so diplomatically that it seems cheesy as hell. He even spents more time and effort and space to say that "many" people love it, while for the negative feedback he only writes a very very short sentence. Its obviously a marketing technique, but i would really like to see an honest breakdown of those who actually farm the lab cause its fun and rewarding, those who do it once and never again set a foot in there, and those who completely ignore it.

Lets wait and see what they have planned.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info