SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
MrMixez wrote:
Thumbs up for this thread. Labyrinths provide no fun at all and i don't want to run one with every existing character.

Exactly! It's really no fun at all!
I don't even wanna do the trials. Labyrinth makes me wanna create less characters than i would have in a character creating game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I don't even wanna do the trials. Labyrinth makes me wanna create less characters than i would have in a character creating game.

That. I love creating new characters all the time. Labyrinth is painfully boring. I avoid doing even normal Labyrinth as long as I can just so I can run it quicker. BORING. PAINFUL. WASTE. OF. TIME.
I hate this labyrinth so much. Never thought I would think of quitting for good until this shit came along. Best part if none of this feedback will be read because its not on reddit.

fed up.
I quit playing PoE because I hate playing the labyrinth. I've been told on these forums many times that the labyrinth is optional (not true) and that I'm in the small minority. While I may be in the minority, it seems obvious to me that it is not a small minority. That being the case GGG really should fix the game by making the labyrinth optional by separating the ascendancy points from the labyrinth. It is a bad design to force people that generally like PoE game play to play a different style game for part of their PoE experience. Even if we're in the minority, why would GGG want to alienate such a large part of the player base, even if it is only 20% or even 10% of the base?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
why would they? because that easyriders playerbase drags down the game. if player is too bad or too lazy to do a lab thrice - he is not likely to advance into end game nor he is willing to learn and get better

this makes them keep the no-difficulty policy and balance the game around chicken out logout/tp out. hardcore game you can logout of danger? it is a joke not a hardcore game. they are probably going to reduce the logoff potential

and i bet that people with glass cannon banana builds that can only run maps and SOME bosses - except for damage rolled maps - wont like that their logout tricks work no longer

and guys - you are 'quitting' for 2 weeks already.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

That is so valid its disturbing. I had 5 unique characters in Talisman HC minimum 86lvl max 95. And i had planned over 15unique builds for ascendancy but i stopped at 1 vanilla one (without AC). Ive been creating builds for so long and i always make them come to life, not this time. This time only the challenges and even them im not sure.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
sidtherat wrote:
why would they? because that easyriders playerbase drags down the game. if player is too bad or too lazy to do a lab thrice - he is not likely to advance into end game nor he is willing to learn and get better

this makes them keep the no-difficulty policy and balance the game around chicken out logout/tp out. hardcore game you can logout of danger? it is a joke not a hardcore game. they are probably going to reduce the logoff potential

and i bet that people with glass cannon banana builds that can only run maps and SOME bosses - except for damage rolled maps - wont like that their logout tricks work no longer

Why is it so hard to understand that there is a difference between saying the labyrinth is not fun and someone saying the labyrinth is too hard? Laziness also has nothing to do with it. That is just you projecting false things on others so that you can insult and belittle them.

I have never alt-F4 out of the game. If someone did though I don't understand why you find it necessary to insult and belittle them? Just because you play the game a certain way it doesn't make it the right way or the best way. People play the game to have fun. If they are having fun then they are playing it the right way.

"
sidtherat wrote:

Why do you even bother posting in the forums if everyone and everything you may disagree with or don't understand makes you so upset? If you tried to be friendly with people you might even discover that it might actually make you feel better and a little bit happier?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 17, 2016, 6:03:41 PM
Labyrinth sucks big time. I mean i can do it,but i hate it so much.
Nothing similar in the entire game,could add racing with zombies ala mario kart i guess to the next expansion.
It should be seperate from Ascendancy points and those who like it good for you.
The loot awaits you at the end.
I vote for 2 Ascendancy points upon killing Malachai per difficulty.
"
sidtherat wrote:

Emphasis mine.

While I mostly agree with Sid, the part I bolded really rubs me the wrong way. If anything, I enjoy watching the tears on the forums; they put me in my Palpatine "yes, let the hate flow through you"/Montgomery Burns "excellent" pose. It's a pose I enjoy. I don't really feel like players who don't enjoy the Lab are dragging me, or anyone, down in any way. I don't think they're really bothering GGG, either. Or at least I hope not.

Plus, we're all here to have fun, people. Let's not tell anyone they are making the game worse just by playing it (unless they're botting). Let's be inclusive. And if you don't like the Lab, that's fine; I pray to RNGesus that the Git Gud Spirit may enter you, so you may find peace. And epic loots.

Come. Join the Dark Side. We have cookies.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 17, 2016, 7:12:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info