SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Your arguments are still garbage. If you are actually racing you know the layout and you already know where to go.

The layout is the same each day if you still get lost because some traps change then you must be pretty special and you certainly are not racing.

Don't be mad because you realised what kind of idiotic thing you just said, you said many of those in this thread.

I actually think you might be mentally ill at this stage.

There have been days where there is a shortcut that is there, for example many of moons ago if you ran down the middle of one of the areas, then to the right there was a secret passage hidden behind a wall you could destroy, the issue with that is it wasn't always there and you had to go around the left side of the map and navigate thru a set of traps if it wasn't. Now if there was some indication you could check along the way to save you the time to check if the passage is there, its a big time saver.

I guess the counter argument is you are only going to win the race if you run across the secret passage in that run or not. I guess there is some merit to this, but this is only one example of a scenario I personally experienced, given how different the lab can overall be, you can bet that if there was some indication of "right path to take" via a puzzle bypass thing, then its a factor that changes the lab.

But again you don't give a fuck because at this point you've just continued to shit post about "garbage arguments ", despite anyone trying to discuss some downsides. I even mentioned ways to mitigate those downsides, but you ignore them, like you ignore anything to do with the relevant focus of this post. At this point you are more detrimental to OP's cause then you are helpful.

You post are nothing but idiotic remarks and should be ignored.

Wow. You actually went from knowing the right way to go, to the variation of traps being different, to a hidden fucking passageway, to disproving your own argument and finally to calling my posts idiotic.

I am done. If someone from GGG is reading this can you probate me for a week or so?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
the lab makes no fun.
i saw this kind of "masterclass" in soo many games.
ppl start to buy their way through the lab and thats the point.
because of the missing 6 "masterpoints" i feel locked out from the normal game.
i got this "rappelz feeling" and it makes me fade.
more farm areas and maps with whatever but this lab is a funkiller for me.
i am not a pro and i dont wanna work in a game.
i wanna have fun
hmmm
"
MagicalMove wrote:
the lab makes no fun.
i wanna have fun
hmmm

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
MagicalMove wrote:
the lab makes no fun.
i wanna have fun
hmmm

Lab is no fun only because you haven't run it enough. Really man. Try doing it 20 times a day and you will like it whether you like it or not. 100%. Masterclass? You are not talking about certain individuals in this thread? Also one of the more vocal ones (yes you, you know who) would say you got no right to post here anyway, you filthy casual without a single title under your name. GGG seems not interested in adding some good ole hack&slash content (who wants to loot monsters in 2016, come on. Take this 4th lab yo!) but you can go FISHING! Isn't that awesome mate?
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
again and again and again and again???

no

wtf

i dont like the lab playstyle and done.

no more words i am sad about the runnings here

bless
Today announcement surely backfired, i bet they werent expecting so much negativity towards the abomination they call labyrinth.

They even had the idea of implementing more Indiana Jones in the already bastardized labyrinth part of the game, substituting the Action in ARPG with even more arcade (proof in the OP)

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We have also improved the rewards at the end of side content in the Labyrinth, to make those areas more enticing.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
As the Endgame Labyrinth is the fourth Labyrinth you'll play through, there are a fourth tier of rewards. Completing it unlocks two additional Ascendancy points (for a total of eight). You'll also be able to imbue an item with a fourth-tier Enchantment. There's also a fourth jewel reward for the fastest player to complete the Endgame Labyrinth in each league each day.
In addition, the treasure chests at the end of the Labyrinth are higher level than the Merciless ones and some of them can drop higher-tier maps.

Then they announced even more rewards for not completely skipping side areas in a attempt to sweeten the whole deal. But how many extra rewards are they going to put inside the labyrinth? At the moment we have keys + chests, ascendancy points, enchants, lab only uniques, side area chests, shrines and the unique jewels. When will they realise that people hate the labyrinth cause it sucks the fun out of them? Its a simple matter of having fun or not, and people (even those who like the different playstyle of the lab and the lab farmers) just find it annoyinh/boring/tedious/unfun/frustrating etc. Seriously GGG cant be so blind to all that critisism.

I understand that a 4th/endgame Labyrinth was in their original plans and was already designed and paid for, but all clues about how bad the labyrinth was received are out there. Look at feedback, on youtube videos, twitch chats, reddit, fuck even in today's annountment post people are hating the how lab works. They surely cant be SO thick and stubborn. There are many different solutions to the many different issues with the labyrinth, they should definately consider some of them.

Hypothesis : For a moment lets completely defy reality and assume that indeed there is only a very small part of the community that dislikes the labyrinth and we are just being vocal. Why there is literally NO DATA revealed on labyrinth numbers? You know like the one from the second week of ascendancy that was released a while ago and showed how little people actually cared about labyrinth. Or are they afraid it is a bad marketing move to show how bad their project is actually going and they are trying to save face? If they are indeed as proud as Chris claimed on the podcast about the labyrinth why are they not showing us the numbers that justify their stance?

Btw something rather interesting that came in my mind the other day is the fact that at the poll that is linked in the OP at this time there are 1200+votes casted. In the official GGG vote a while ago regarding the 2week flashback there were nearly 10k+ votes. Makes the unofficial poll quite more representatitive of the actual situation.

At this point im seriously considering forming a petition regarding the matter. Even better i suggest GGG makes one when they also realease some labyrinth data/info.

P.S. Updated parts of the OP with the new info we have from todays announcement.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
and yet you still cannot grasp the simple thing: noone cares.

and you helped it a lot by calling things frogger, indiana jones or whatnot. repating the same nonsense over and over again and forced others to see your 'displeasement' as a 'problem'.

"
sidtherat wrote:
and yet you still cannot grasp the simple thing: noone cares

So "noone" is your new nick Sid? ;) I care, so you can't say that none cares and quite possibly much more people cares, we can freely assume that "vocal minority" is silently backed up by "silent majority".
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
sidtherat wrote:
and yet you still cannot grasp the simple thing: noone cares.

and you helped it a lot by calling things frogger, indiana jones or whatnot. repating the same nonsense over and over again and forced others to see your 'displeasement' as a 'problem'.

Here's a good rule of thumb before hitting the submit button. Ask yourself, "Does this post actually contribute to the thread?" If the answer is no, then you should be PMing the individual you are annoyed with instead of making everyone else read your post. I'm sorry for singling you out (and you certainly aren't the only offender in this thread), but it's to the point where I won't even bother reading something someone has written if too many of their other posts are spammy and salty like this one. It doesn't mean you don't have valuable things to say, but... Boy who cried wolf and all that.

@Regulator
I think they have gotten the message. Chris said that it's more likely they will remove the Ascendancy points from the labyrinth than that they will fix it (with an implication that one or the other will almost certainly happen), but he also qualified that statement with the fact that it won't happen very soon. I'd guess August or September. I personally am disappointed with that solution, as I would rather see the Labyrinth fixed and made more fun.

In any case, it would appear your efforts have not been in vain.
Wash your hands, Exile!
@Regulator

My view is that GGG has found themselves into a mess of their own making. They are in it, maybe not up to their necks but at least up to their knees. They are just trying to make the best of tough situation. The latest release 2.03 has been in development for over a year. Chris said it it was planned to come out at the same time as the Ascendancy release but they cut it because it wasn't done. It was in the pipe line and needed to be completed to make room for the next hopefully great stuff. This was all planned and partially done before this thread was even started.

I do like the idea for GGG to start their own poll but, my suspicion is that they already know they're in the mess and they are already working on what they think is the best way to fix it. So, they don't need the poll but it would be good for the community and reduce the conflict if it was made known to the community.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info