[2.2][Video] Cast on Hit Juggernaut (Trypanon Cyclone CoC)

Firestorm will ruin your EE as it has staggered hits instead of one hit.

Flamesurge is a really nice spell, try it ;)
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Hello,

I'm level 42 right now so I just started to use my Trypanon. I excited to see what this can do in higher levels!

I just bought a Berek's Respite Two-Stone Ring for some coins... do you think this would be a good fit for the build? Please let me know your thoughts.

It adds 14% increased lightning damage too. I don't know if this applies to spell skills though. I'm still pretty new to PoE.

Thanks!
Does spell gonna crit when we use Trypanon ???
I added the first Part of a Atziri Guide to the OP, 2nd Part will follow tomorrow.

Atziri Guide Part 1

@Azeryen

Berek's Respite is a fun Ring to use, the Fire Damage will ignite for Flame Surge and the Lightning Damage does work for your Spells.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, i like to help :)

@lele619

The Crit Chance for Spells is still calculated normal, thats why we use Elemental Overload.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Mar 22, 2016, 2:17:45 AM
Hey, I just got into Merci with your build and liking a lot.

I don't have experience making my own builds but I was hoping to tweak your build a little. I thought i'd get some armor nodes by dropping 5 of the life nodes off the scion wheel and a couple damage nodes. I realised though I'd most likely have to use a hybrid chest armor for the CoC links. Considering the low armor chest am i better off keeping those points in life instead of armor?
Yes, Life is lots more usefull than Armour.

The Tree is for lvl 85 so if you level up to 90 you can pick some more AR nodes.

If you invest into gear a bit you can stil lget some decent Armour values, Helmet, Gloves and Boots can all be AR bases and have pretty high AR if you invest enough in good rolls.

Keep in mind that Life rolls on every piece of gear you use are really important.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
The 2nd Part of the Atziri Guide is now online:

Atziri Guide Part 2
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Currently Level 75 on Perandus League, and I have really poor gear (this is solely due to me, not the build itself in any way or form)

Someone was nice enough to sell me that Winterheart for a decent price.

The Trypanon is very unfortunate, mainly due to my own stupidity. It's only iLvl 44, but I Chaos'd it before I rolled 5 sockets on it. My own idiocy. Oh wells. Really wish I had the 5th socket so I can tack on Flame Dash without swapping weapons.

I haven't really found any good gear yet so all my gear is pretty much incorrect, BUT

The Doedre's Scorn + Windscream together actually really helps. I tacked on Elemental Weakness + Warlord's Mark for auto double curse, and the Doedre's Scorn provides a bonus 30% damage boost. (I might swap out my current Doedre's Scorn for one that has 18% Damage increase per Curse). My only lament is that it has very low defensive stats.

Not having a proper Chest piece is extremely painful; I have died to very unfortunate crits and the like. Getting 3 Blues + 2 Green + 1 Red on Armor based armour is kinda tough. I have a 6l Astral Plate I found, but it's all Red so far. Trying to roll a nice Alch on it will cost me a ton too. Will figure something out. For now, the oversized pajama will do.

The belt was a super lucky roll I got last night. It's quite fantastic.

I'm due for a glove upgrade, but these will do for now. I have used Doedre's Tenure (I still have them with me), but it's low defensive stats made me cringe a bit. I dropped it for a more safe approach, but I do understand the value of the Damage boost. For now, I'd rather not get blown up.
------------------------------------------------------------

6l - Cyclone + CoCS + Ice Nova + Lightning Nova + Flame Surge + Life Leech

Prior using Flame Surge, I used Increased Area of Effect. Both works fine, the bonus AOE made clearing moots much faster, but adding in Flame Surge is a nice touch; it allows better procs for Elemental Equilibrium, which is always nice. Not to mention, there are times where I run into Cold + Lightning Res maps, which is quite irritating. Still leveling up Flame Surge atm.

4l - CwDT + Blade Vortex + Power Charge on Crit + Increased Duration

I just added this in last night, and I haven't really gotten to test it out. I was running low tier maps, so I was more or less blowing everything up faster than they could touch me. Might actually do a serious map to test this out properly.

4l - CwDT + Warlord's Mark + Elemental Weakness + Increased Area of Effect

This is mainly due to the Doedre's Scorn + Windscream combo. I happen so to really like this, and will probably keep this until I find better gear. Turning one of the Blue sockets into a White would be a dream, as it would allow me to swap in any Curse to improve Party Play.

4l - CWDT + Molten Shell + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

I was originally only using Immortal Call, until I got blown up by Molten Shell when I was doing Vaal Dungeons @ The Ledge. I had completely forgotten that Immortal Call only blocks Physical Damage, so I grabbed the Molten Shell. Loving it.

4l - Vengeance + Chaos Golem + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration

This setup is something I'm not used to. I kinda scrambled it when I saw your more recent post with Enduring Cry. I haven't really found the opportunity to make full use of the Enduring Cry yet (and the fact it doesn't work with CoCS makes it a bit tad irritating). The Vengeance is on there mainly for leveling it up, so this one is kinda my wild card. I did try the old Vengeance setup from your guide, but I haven't really see it pull anything off much. Mainly due to the fact that moots get blown up quickly. Plus, I'm too lazy to reroll into a second blue so I can put on Flame Dash. I should consider doing that.
------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts and other stuff:

The build is really fun, but due to my poor laptop, it's extremely taxing on my processing system. This is even more so when Perandus mobs show up. I have dropped to 2 FPS on multiple occasions, and there times my screen would freeze. (I have already lowered the settings to the base minimum and disabled Post Processing, which the latter really improved the performance).

My current setup also has -60% Chaos Res, which is quite unfortunately, and I highly doubt I'll be able to fix it. My only way around this is pray that I don't get hit by Chaos Attacks, or throw in a Amethyst Flasks + POSSIBLY a Ming's Heart in my inventory and swap to them if I have no choice. I haven't really come across many Chaos Damage mobs yet, but I'm sure that if I want to do the deep End Game content, I'll need it.

At my current standing, I'm at around 3.8k hp, and ~120 ish ES. I'm at really low armor (756 iirc), 70/75/75/-60 on my Resistances. I'm still missing a few Life nodes to grab.

I don't have much currency to work with, so I can't grab Devoto's Devotion and the other rarer items on my own accord. I'll see what Cadiro has to offer me at best.

I also instantly get splattered against Elemental Reflect. I have not found a single way around it yet.
-----------------------------------------------
Curiosities:

Have you tested The Covenent with this build just for sheer hilarity? (And possibly effectiveness?)

Is Lightning Coil/Cherrubim's Maleficence/Belly of the Beast/Ambu's Charge also possible chest pieces to work with? (Ambu's Charge mainly as a party thing)

An issue I've come across is that against solo targets (particularly Rogue Exiles and bosses) is that the Leech Speed isn't fast enough. This had led me to wonder about Atziri's Acuity. I'm not entirely familiar with the last line's effect, where the Leech would apply instantly. Since it's so vague, does this apply to Spell Leech as well, or only attacks?

Just my 2¢
Last edited by Sentilial on Mar 22, 2016, 4:24:59 PM
@Sentilial

Thx for the detailed Feedback!

And yes, maybe i should add a warning that CoC isn´t a build that works well on older PCs.

Doedres Helmet is a intresting idea basicly its the same thing as the gloves if you use 2 curses.

You should maybe switch the Windscreams, they only have 10% move speed and move speed is really important for this build.
Get rare boots with Res + Life and switch one Ring for the Doedre Ring. ITs realyl cheap this league.

You also may want to check the guide again about the Counterattack + Golem and Curse thing, i think you may have understood something wrong there.

Cherubims and Belly would be good Chests for the build, but also hard to roll colours on. Best thing for colours is just a rare AR+ES Chest or a Carcass Jack.

I toyed around a bit and bought a Scolds Bridle after seeing how cheap it was.

I played a CoC with Scolds back in Torment and Vaal Molten Shell + Scolds is just amazing fun.
It also triggers the Counterattack and the Juggernaut Perk of getting Endurance Charges when hit.

I switched my gloves to rares to compensate for the resists.

Gear with Scolds:
Spoiler
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
My current dilemma is getting gear (especially since I'm quite poor in terms of ingame currency). I can't afford a Scold's even if I poured all my currency.

I do understand the Vengeance Combo, I just haven't really found much use for it. It's mainly due to the current content I'm in, I usually just mow down everything in my path until an Unique Mob pops up. (Not to mention, the majority of them can't be frozen).

As for movement speed, I actually haven't really felt much burden. I'm at +20% Movement Speed right now, and I feel no detriments whatsoever.

I feel that Doedre's Damning is much too weak in comparison to the Windscream.

My biggest concern right now is finding a good Chest Piece.

For now, I'll stick to the gear I have, and will try to find good replacements.

I'll post another update on my progress once I hit another good milestone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info