[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

"
Fritso wrote:

Ideas taken from thread 1700808
- Use cwdt(lvl1) - IC - discharge - blade vortex for fast life gain when you get hit
- Use 3 trigger gems vengeance - riposte - reckoning

- dont u lose a lot of damage output when you have a 3rd discharge coupled with CWDT, just for the heals? will this help against uber atziri to facetank better?
- how are the mechanics of those 3 trigger gems? where is the advantage for our build? do you trigger more discharges because you have 4 trigger (including molten strike) instead of 1 (just moltenstrike)?

"
Fritso wrote:

Result:
- All enemies are slow capped at 75%
- Bosses are slowed >61% Makes (Uber) Atziri a lot easier. No curse reflect issue since we're immune to TC because of Ascendancy point.

- how you calc the slow total? my blasph+TC+enhance has 47% slow. i have 20% in helmet, 20% from tree and 10% from Q20 blasphemy... so i would have 47%*1,5=70,5%. how much is the -effect% on atziri? wanna slow her as good as possible
- why should u bother with curse reflect? it's blasphemy..

"
Fritso wrote:

Gear and tree can be found by checking character EQTankyness

- i noticed 3 of your gear pieces don't have quality. u better check this out :D
- how much physical damage reduction do you have? don't you aim for 90%?
- top left corner of the tree... "12% increased radius of aura skills" doesn't apply on blasphemy curses afaik so you can use the point for something else i think
i have an question. If i have enlighten gem lvl 3 can i have enought mana for use this link gem?
Molten-Multi-FA-GMP-Fority
i almost follow ur guide!
Last edited by benbubam on Aug 5, 2016, 10:09:01 AM
"

Estimated physical damage reduction is a useless thing to look at. It's accurate for small hits, but those don't matter. For large hits, the actual reduction is much less. It's better to talk about true damage reduction (via fortify, endurance charges, chaos golem, etc.) and total armour separately.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Aug 7, 2016, 10:42:43 AM
Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I mowed over everything including double village ruin with dmg and crit, but core malachai was oneshotting me with his sideways swipe (not slam). I had 5.5k life, 46k armour, cold + fire flasks up, etc. I'd last a little longer if I self-cast enduring cry, self-cast my chaos golem, and used alpha's howl instead of devoto (I have unstoppable as my 4th ascendency). Is it just a matter of using self-cast EC and IC?
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
"
Fritso wrote:

Ideas taken from thread 1700808
- Use cwdt(lvl1) - IC - discharge - blade vortex for fast life gain when you get hit
- Use 3 trigger gems vengeance - riposte - reckoning

- dont u lose a lot of damage output when you have a 3rd discharge coupled with CWDT, just for the heals? will this help against uber atziri to facetank better?
- how are the mechanics of those 3 trigger gems? where is the advantage for our build? do you trigger more discharges because you have 4 trigger (including molten strike) instead of 1 (just moltenstrike)?

Answer: That discharge doesn't do anything to ur damage output. It's mainly there for survivability. The way it works is IC consumes you end charges, then discharge consumes the remaining power charges, and thus giging you back all endurance charges. The trigger gems give you a passive chance to trigger the gems in ur mjolner, thus being able to deal damage while AFK. They also generate charges everytime you get hit.

"
Fritso wrote:

Result:
- All enemies are slow capped at 75%
- Bosses are slowed >61% Makes (Uber) Atziri a lot easier. No curse reflect issue since we're immune to TC because of Ascendancy point.

- how you calc the slow total? my blasph+TC+enhance has 47% slow. i have 20% in helmet, 20% from tree and 10% from Q20 blasphemy... so i would have 47%*1,5=70,5%. how much is the -effect% on atziri? wanna slow her as good as possible
- why should u bother with curse reflect? it's blasphemy..

Answer: the temp chain cal for me with 20/20 TC, lvl 4 enhance, +1 gems gloves. 56% base slow on TC. 30% effectiveness from tree, 10% from blasphemy, 30% from helmet enchant. Equals 56% x 1.7 = 95.2% slow. All bosses incl. Atziri have -60% effectiveness, so 56 x 1.1 = 61.6 slow. As for the curse reflect, I was unaware of the fact that blasphemy curses are not reflected. Thanks for the info.

"
Fritso wrote:

Gear and tree can be found by checking character EQTankyness

- i noticed 3 of your gear pieces don't have quality. u better check this out :D
- top left corner of the tree... "12% increased radius of aura skills" doesn't apply on blasphemy curses afaik so you can use the point for something else i think

Answer:
1. Thanks, fixed :-)
2. DOesn't really matter since only big hits can kill you. Armor doesn nothing for big hits. Get endurance charges and fortify.
3. I thought it did effect blasphemy. Never bothered to test though, so you may be right.

I put the answers below the questions in above quote.

I did make some changes to perfect the build further. Still using the trigger gems, and cwdt setup, but I switched away from curses and into max block. The build is even more rediculous now. Did have to sacrifice some damage, but I don't die anymore. Just walk though the map, and all monsters that attack instantly kill themselves.

Max block build on discharge is something special. Not only do you get the ES everytime you block, which by itsself is extremely strong. But you also get 1k life everytime you discharge. The AFK crema boss kill was even more save now. She's turned into a total joke.

It's so stupid now that I managed to full clear a T13 Waterways with -15% max res + ele reflect + Increased crit chance/damage mods. That would never have been possible with standard setup.

Stats at lvl 94:
5.9k health
1.1k ES
75% block and spell block without flasks
28k armor (not for damage mitigation, but for 28k x 2% = 560 ES gain from each block)

Gear:

Just to be clear though. The character was already super strong with the curse setup. I just felt like this would be the next step to improve survivability. If you want epic damage discharges, don't switch to max block or even high curse effectiveness. You'll have to sacrifice damage. But for me it was totally worth it. It's the most tanky build I've ever made. Hell, I'm even 4th on the pvp ladder atm.
Last edited by Fritso on Aug 8, 2016, 5:48:20 AM
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I mowed over everything including double village ruin with dmg and crit, but core malachai was oneshotting me with his sideways swipe (not slam). I had 5.5k life, 46k armour, cold + fire flasks up, etc. I'd last a little longer if I self-cast enduring cry, self-cast my chaos golem, and used alpha's howl instead of devoto (I have unstoppable as my 4th ascendency). Is it just a matter of using self-cast EC and IC?

Always keep your endurance charges up, and manually cast IC if needed. Armor doesn't do much against his heavy hits.
What would the best enchants be for Helm, Boots and Gloves? I tried searching through the thread but could not find this answered anywhere. Love this build, have been running it and just trying to perfect my gear with getting the right enchants!
"
Fritso wrote:

How? Its a Gladiator?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

How? Its a Gladiator?

No, it's a Juggernaut.

Using 5 "Relentless Defense" jewels with 4% block each.

My profile is public, so you can check my character/skill tree.

"
Shiboshasu wrote:
What would the best enchants be for Helm, Boots and Gloves? I tried searching through the thread but could not find this answered anywhere. Love this build, have been running it and just trying to perfect my gear with getting the right enchants!

Helmet: if you want close to 50% MORE damage, and more discharge procs, and thus life gain, get the enchant I'm using. 3 additional Molten strike projectiles. That takes each hit from 7 to 10 balls. There's also the discharge damage increase enchant, but imo 3 extra balls is way better, because it gives more damage, and more survivability. Can be quite expensive though if you don't manage to enchant it urself. For a more curse oriented build, you can pick 30% temp chain effectiveness, or 30% enfeeble effecitiveness.

Boots: 2% life regen on hit, or the 0.6% leech on kill.

Gloves: never really bothered. They have such a long cooldown.
Last edited by Fritso on Aug 8, 2016, 5:40:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info