Current Development Priorities

Getting repeatedly kicked from the game. Also in NY as a poster above said. This just started happening after your announcement.

Got kicked from lab twice. And rolled back a few minutes both times
Sub 10 minutes? I'm already doing sub 5 minute runs :)

Still no Frenzy helm enchant I think I'm over 75 runs now :/
Make Perandus PERMANENT - I vote with Perandus! :)
Like you said "turns out people really like bonus items" or something.
DUH! It's so rewarding to map grind right now. ONE HELL OF AN ADDITION
TO YOUR AMAZING GAME GGG. Well done. KEEP IT
Good content! Good League
PS. Coins... mm :D
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Just DC'ed (again again again) and came to read this while i log on again... Playing softcore perandus because i died yesterday to lag on last boos fight in HC labyrinth... love the league hate that it got released like this and lag and dc's are basicly ruining the experience... a lot of streamers also straight out died to these things.
Thanks for all the work on this awesome game guys and girls,I'm really new into the game (just got my main to 55 and still have a long way to learn), so far my only concern is the high latency I get when I in any town since my first arrive to the game one week before Ascendancy, during the talisman league, I get from 500 to 1900 latency and get D/c or just have to wait a really long time to talk to a npc or use the portal, I tried Battle Ping just to see if that works and the latency droped to 200-300 in towns but the lag to speak to npcs or use the portals is still the same, I know this may be not on my end because I can easy play with a ping of 81-95 almost any online game I came across witout battleping or similar...but anyhow I Love this game =) keep up the good work.
Last edited by game2love on Mar 7, 2016, 1:55:41 AM
Already ran the normal lab on my 90 in standard, very happy I won't have to run the other 2 for the points. My Assassin in perandus however is loving the challenge! Keep being awesome, GGG!
and when died anyone ever say they wanted hardcore mechanics in standard? im pretty sure if people wanted hardcore mechanics they would play hardcore leagues. ive been playing since closed beta and spent close to $1,000 dollars on this game because i love it and want to support you guys. but im really close to just not playing anymore til the lab is either changed or the ascendancy classes are removed from being gated behind it
Thanks for all the efforts! Server/client issues notwithstanding I thoroughly enjoyed the launch weekend.
There is a general consensus that the current labyrinth, as is, is long and unfun. I've had two of my friends very nearly quit the game because of how unforgiving, tedious and long it is.

Here is a reddit thread on the matter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/492g23/is_the_labyrinth_tedious_as_hell_for_anyone_else/

My suggestions:
* Fewer areas and/or smaller areas. The lab is really really tedious and long on the first run and even more so if you fail and have to do it again. Sure you can go through it faster but it's still like 8-10 areas to grind through.
* Tone down the damage on traps slightly and/or make mitigation (armour/block/dodge/evade) apply at a percentage of their effectiveness (like 25% effectiveness or something). You're making glass cannons with stone golems and crazy high aps the de-facto best way to grind the lab. This doesn't make any sense.
* Make the lava pit do slightly more damage in cruel/merci, they're completely irrelevant with capped resists.
* Tone down the damage on izaro in normal. I shouldn't, as a veteran player, have to be 10 levels over just to (somewhat) reliably kill him. Starting over is not fun, especially for newer players.
* Create checkpoints after each Izaro fight, and maybe even lose your non-golden keys, but keep the same instance of lab. This will make people who are going for daily record restart anyway, and people who just want to get ascendancy points not curse the name of GGG.
* Make the Izaro attacks that one shot you have some sort of avoidable windup (what happened to vaal smash-like mechanics??). Remove or improve the mechanics of the stage 3 teleport, it's really stupid and people don't like to be thrown on the other side of the map with spikes under them for no reason.
* Increase the cooldown on some of the statues clicking... I feel like I'm spending more time clicking statues than actually fighting the boss. Mostly thinking about the pillars I think, but I don't remember exactly. One of those had an outrageously short cooldown.

Honestly love the hard work you guys have put into this, but I feel like you guys went a little too deep into the concept and forgot the fact that much of this content should be fun for most players. Most players don't like to do frustrating tasks over and over.

I agree that the grind for enchants should be difficult and challenging, but it should also be fun. If I'm going to do an average of 300 runs for the enchant I want, the least of it should be that I don't want to blow my brains out doing it.

Sorry for the winded rant but I had to do it. Still love the game and the patch, and the content though, and appreciate all of your hard work on all fronts!
Last edited by ZaM on Mar 7, 2016, 2:08:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info