Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
Vaalamity wrote:

1) It's not quick. I spent about an hour of hating every second of my freetime doing it and didn't complete it (I have 3200 hp and kept lagging, and I also hate the traps, switches, and everything about it)

You went into optional content with 3.2k hp, probably no defenses, and got demolished?

Shocking.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 6, 2016, 4:22:49 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Oh shut up. You are a standard guy, right? Its obviously easy for you to complete it.

Most people who are frustrated are the brand new league guys who want nothing but to test the new classes in a new league. OBVIOUSLY for us it is a chore and whole expansion feels unrewarding because of the gate put between us and the classes. Or are you suggesting someone from the new league who visits it for the first time is supposed to do it in 15 minutes?

level of your character means almost nothing - it is only important during the Izaro's fight. nowhere else

and yes, i bet there are guys who can complete the lab with self found gear when lvl-appropriate in 15 minutes TOPS. they simply 'moar work, less QQ'

You don't get my point do you? A much hailed new content is gated behind a big level/gear grind and then a tedious slog through huge DC prone maze to finally get the class. For me and I am sure a whole bunch of other people this will be locked behind reaching merciless and purchasing gear. In other words the whole hype behind playing differently and having more of an identity with your chosen class dies and is replaced by.......exactly what you see on the forums.

Hell, people are quitting because they don't feel like going for the same grind just to finally experience the new content with only one character. It would have been handled so much better if classes were locked behind something else instead of GGG forcing us to beta test their broken content.
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Vaalamity wrote:

1) It's not quick. I spent about an hour of hating every second of my freetime doing it and didn't complete it (I have 3200 hp and kept lagging, and I also hate the traps, switches, and everything about it)

You went into optional content with 3.2k hp, probably no defenses, and got demolished?

Shocking.

By optional content, do you mean 'side missions'? Because that's what it is - a side mission. None of the other side missions require 3.2k HP, except maybe on merciless.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Vaalamity wrote:

Shocking.

1) It isn't optional. It's as optional as completing act 3 is. Sure, we can ignore any content we want, but that's not how it works.

Defenses don't matter on traps. I can't block them, I can't evade them, I can't leech from them.

And regardless of all this, here's the thing; the Lab sucks. That's my opinion, and my opinion is the only one that matters to how I spend my free time. If I'm not having fun playing a video game something went very wrong.

I have 1.4 million DPS btw, and can easily do 78 maps, so the fact I died in the Lab shows how out of place it is in the game. Sorry that I don't feel like buying a Kaom's to do some garbage content that I don't wanna play.
Last edited by Vaalamity on Mar 6, 2016, 4:31:19 AM
"
Vaalamity wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Vaalamity wrote:

Shocking.

Defenses don't matter much on traps. I can't block them, I can't dodge them, I can't leech from them.

And regardless of all this, here's the thing; the Lab sucks. That's my opinion, and my opinion is the only one that matters to how I spend my free time. If I'm not having fun playing a video game something went very wrong.

I have 1.4 million DPS btw, and can easily do 78 maps, so the fact I died in the Lab shows how out of place it is in the game.

You can not step on them? Like it requires some skill or something.

I can see you guys don't play too much melee characters, else you would know how key positioning in this game is.
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 6, 2016, 4:31:44 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Oh shut up. You are a standard guy, right? Its obviously easy for you to complete it.

Most people who are frustrated are the brand new league guys who want nothing but to test the new classes in a new league. OBVIOUSLY for us it is a chore and whole expansion feels unrewarding because of the gate put between us and the classes. Or are you suggesting someone from the new league who visits it for the first time is supposed to do it in 15 minutes?

level of your character means almost nothing - it is only important during the Izaro's fight. nowhere else

and yes, i bet there are guys who can complete the lab with self found gear when lvl-appropriate in 15 minutes TOPS. they simply 'moar work, less QQ'

You don't get my point do you? A much hailed new content is gated behind a big level/gear grind and then a tedious slog through huge DC prone maze to finally get the class. For me and I am sure a whole bunch of other people this will be locked behind reaching merciless and purchasing gear. In other words the whole hype behind playing differently and having more of an identity with your chosen class dies and is replaced by.......exactly what you see on the forums.

Hell, people are quitting because they don't feel like going for the same grind just to finally experience the new content with only one character. It would have been handled so much better if classes were locked behind something else instead of GGG forcing us to beta test their broken content.

i do get what you say and you are wrong: you think that your problems with Labyrinth are due to gear deficiency. they arent. Lab is a skill-check, not a gear-check (except Izaro but he is doable at 'appropriate level' with self found gear)

tedious slog - rather action packed race for those that got their grip together and instead of mindlessly farming with right-click pressed constantly. it is 10 minutes.

it is not the gear that stops you - it is your lack of skill and understanding what and how Lab works. and you wont get these skills complaining on forums. it took you 10 minutes to write this post - i completed a run in this time.

and i repeat - it is as gear independent as it can be. just get a grip and youll see how wrong you currently are

note: pretty much every previous content was gated (atziri - fragments farm, masters - reputation grind, rigwald - tali grind). the only difference is - you cannot trade this one. this irks so many people..
"
Vaalamity wrote:

I have 1.4 million DPS btw, and can easily do 78 maps, so the fact I died in the Lab shows how out of place it is in the game. Sorry that I don't feel like buying a Kaom's to do some garbage content that I don't wanna play.

it shows that the gear carries you, not your skill. and Lab shows that.

btw you can dodge/block some trap types, just saying
No, it's you who is factually wrong. He said he didn't enjoy the Lab and the new content is held ransom behind it; he's right, because that's how he feels. No matter how fun you think it is, or how appropriate the "skill check is", the point is a lot of us DON'T WANT TO DO IT. Therefore, we are correct in how we feel because it's how we feel. Because you think we should enjoy it doesn't make it enjoyable or a good design.

Atziri isn't even close to this; I have been playing since Beta and never done Atziri... why? Cuz I don't give a shit. They didn't include a new passive tree behind Atziri.
So pay someone to carry you through labyrinth if it's such a big issue to you, you only need to do it 3 times.
"
Mannoth wrote:
So pay someone to carry you through labyrinth if it's such a big issue to you, you only need to do it 3 times.

Hersey.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info