[2.4] Pure Righteous Fire | Fast Clear Speed/Very Tanky | HC/Atziri Viable

Hi, thanks for the guide! I've been running this in maps for a few days now, and I'm currently lvl 81. I don't know if it's been suggested already, but I swapped out the Cyclone/Fortify with Blade Vortex and Inc Duration. I found that Cyclone misses and slows me down too much, and I don't really need fortify all the time. BV works like a manafree Blasphemy and has really improved my clearspeed. I can almost just run through maps with Quicksilver permanently on
"
IvolverBG wrote:
I have 1 qustion.
When i use grace , purity of fire, enlighten and empower i have 97% mana reservation.
where is the problem?
How to reduce this mana reservation?

You need a level 3 enlighten, that will give you -8% mana reservation. If you don´t have one, you can´t use empower yet.
"
Harkonnen_BR wrote:

You need a level 3 enlighten, that will give you -8% mana reservation. If you don´t have one, you can´t use empower yet.

i have enlighten and empower 3 lvl and when i use empower i have 97% mana reservation.
"
IvolverBG wrote:
"
Harkonnen_BR wrote:

i have enlighten and empower 3 lvl and when i use empower i have 97% mana reservation.

Well, that´s correct, Grace (50) + purity of fire (35) = 85 * 1.25% (empower) * 0.92% (enlighten) = 97,75 % mana reservation. I´m running without them and kepping the 85% mana reservation only.
hi i have a question about this build
you said Scion is far better than Marauder
how about taking Chieftain as Marauder?

Tawhoa, Forest's Strength:

40% increased Armour (more tanky)
+10% to all Elemental Resistances (higher resist cap is always good)
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
10% increased Strength (increased Strength = increased hp = increased dmg)

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance:

15% chance to Ignite
35% increased Damage against Burning Enemies (increased dmg)

Ramako, Sun's Light:

0.5% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge (i took 2 end charges from the tree then it's 5 in total, 2.5% extra health regen is pretty good due to the high hp)
Cannot be Ignited
When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 20% chance for you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge (gain end charges while killing)

Compare to Trickster:

30% increased Recovery of Life, Mana, and Energy Shield if you've Killed an Enemy affected by your Damage Over Time Recently

does 30% increased Recovery of Life means giving you 30% more health regen
like if my health regen is 1000 per sec, it gives me 1300 in total?

if it really does work this way, it is really powerful
but it might not work too well when fighting bosses coz you will have to kill an enemy recently to have this effect, compare to Marauder you can still use Enduring Cry to gain end charges

sorry for my bad english >.>
Well you can't just compare whole Chieftain Asendancy to single Asendancy for Scion thats the first thing. Second thing is Trickster work like this:
You have 3000 Life and 10% life regen so you have 300 Life regen and then trickster increase that 300 life regen by 30% so you have 390 life regen. Not to be confuse with meaning that 30% Increased Recovery of Life = 30% Life regen beacuse its not. So Trickster will NOT work like this:
You have 3000 Life and 10% life regen + 30% life regen from trickster = 40% life regen so you have 1200 life regen.
So yeah its work like you just said.
thx for the reply
i am not trying to compare the whole Chieftain Ascendancy to a single Ascendancy for Scion
coz you are suggesting Trickster to be the main class for scion
and the other class really has minor effect to the build
i am really curious about whether Scion or Marauder is the better option for this build

I guess it depends on what your end goal is, if you're going for lab runs, marauder maybe better just because you can end up getting perma IC. If you're doing mapping and atziri scion can be better. Most bosses spawn adds, so you will end up having trickster bonus a lot of times.

Ogoslaw, what's your opinion on adding Vaal molten shell in the scepter setup?
Last edited by thekottik on Jul 14, 2016, 7:36:22 AM
I did the work and crawled through all stats for this build (scion) and another build I am following (from this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNpuoGTR3co)

long version
Spoiler

marauder tree
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAAABAEDAQHcAecD1gQHBLMFLQthDF8NzRLhE6UUIBRNFgsYVhiRGS4aVRynHM4c3B8CJvMn7Sj6K1AuUzWSNsU26DpYOuE8BTwtPV89_EGHRZ1HfkyzTeNQR1JTU1JTpVW1VcZWSFcNWGNfP2EhZKNlTWhlaHRo8nTteu-CB4LHg1-DzIPbhNmE748akc6WbJeVl_SYrZrgns2f36IAouqmV6ajpwinMK2Nr2yvp7c-uJO5fryfvTa9YL6nwGbBBMRYxPbGBMauxtjPftAf0iHTb9gk2L3ZYdpi2sHr7u8O73zv6_Af8kHyRfOb9kj56PxL_gr-VP6P

your (scion) tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAUhBQUlBQVNNQWR3SGNBZWNFc3dVdEJnNEo5Z3RoREY4VUlCUk5HRllZa1JqYkdTNGFQaHBWR19vY3B4emNJV0FsM3lmdEtQb3BMaW1sTGlNMWtqYm9QQzA5X0VHSFF6RkR5RVNlUloxSGZsQkhVMUpUcFZPN1Z3MVlZMW9hVzZCZlAyRWhaS05sVFdoMGFQSjA3WFR4ZHF4Njczd09mTGlDQjRMSGcxLUR6SVRaaE8tTXo0OGFrNW1Vb0ppdG11Q2V6YUlBcEJtbk1LZFZyWTJ2YkxZc3R6NjRrN3VldkotOU5yNm52OVhETThSWXhQYkdyc2JZejM3U0lkUjgyRTNZdmRsaDJYemFZdHJCNi03dkR2QWY4YXp5UWZKRjlrajU2UHhMX2dyLWp6cmhwbGRONHdNRUducW1NckZiNHEwSjJjcEdJRms9ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=

Marauder:Scion

str: 392:305
dex: 44:110
int: 154:140
+life (from str + flat): 282:290.5
%life: 242:219
%lifereg: 13:13,5
%Armor: 172:336
%evasion: 24:72
Iron reflexes: no:yes
%allres: 18:28

marauder focuses more on strength because of 10% extra from chieftain, so it ends up at 700+str on total, not just 392.
marauder uses 6 endurance charges, chieftain gives 3% life regen through this.

scion uses 6 frenzy charges and blood dance, which then is 6% life regen + trickster increases the overall regen by another 30%, so grand total easily reaches the 20% cap, even without trickster and 6 frenzy it is 19.5%
scion also uses kaoms, which is another ~400 life more than marauder which doesn't use kaoms.

damage:

marauder:
35 inc vs burning
50 inc aoe dmg
30 inc fire
also uses iron grip gloves (so no additional link necessary), and has a grand total of ~700+ str with gear and everything, so that's another at least 140 inc spell damage
=> at least 255

scion:
30 inc from fire golem
50 from elemental conflux (shock), gets triggered by using cyclone, but very low uptime (4 seconds after killing rare/unique, which is not much)
70 inc dot
20 inc while not on full ES
40 inc fire
~40 inc fire from kaoms
5% penetration
6 frenzy charges = 24% MORE damage
=> ~200 + 5% penetration + very rarely 50% from shock

TLDR Stat summary:
Spoiler
Marauder:

700+ str (because it goes for str on gear, scion does not)
630 +life (depending on str)
242% life
16% life regen
255% inc damage (at least, depending on str)

Scion

300 str
690 +life (average 400 more than anything the marauder has due to kaoms heart)
219% life
19.5% lifereg (capped 20% when trickster bonus comes in)
200% inc damage and 24% more damage from frenzy charges, and very rarely another 50% from shock

Conclusion

Life: They are equal, maybe the scion has slightly more life. but she has to use Kaoms Heart to get to Marauder's level (who uses no Kaoms). The Marauder can always be changed to also use Kaoms, he only has to sacrifice some utility with CWDT setups or movement skills, and then the marauder is way superior.
lifereg: scion is better. 19.5/20 (cap)% lifereg vs 16 will be noticable.
damage: tough call with a slight advantage for the marauder. Marauder needs no frenzy charges for the damage (better at bosses with no adds), but scion can have a small boost with elemental conflux (shocked) and has a higher dps below 35% life because of blood dance.
Scion is weaker when there are bosses with no adds where you cannot gain frenzy charges.
Scion also has way higher armor (nearly double the %increased armor) and has iron reflexes which makes gearing more flexible and dmg income more predictable.

I'd say: Marauder has the way higher HP potential (which is also damage for RF), while Scion has the higher general damage potential from tree and has more armour and IR, therefore maybe not as spikey as the marauder - but both are pretty tanky anyways.

Marauder might be the better league starter (does not require kaoms heart and blood dance, therefore easier to gear for), but scion might be the better choice if you already have some currency. Marauder also has the (slightly) bigger area, because it has the area nodes in the witch area.
fyi carcass jack is much more exp as compared to belly of the beast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info