The Labyrinth

its was a good idea then admins went nuts on the dmg so you have to be like 30 levels ahead of the labyrinth to end it.

no even funny with 160ms and 300 spikes cause of the servers in brasil.
"
kingshok wrote:
its was a good idea then admins went nuts on the dmg so you have to be like 30 levels ahead of the labyrinth to end it.

no even funny with 160ms and 300 spikes cause of the servers in brasil.

What difficulty are we talking about?

It wasn't that hard in normal imo.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Trap damage is a % of health, so it doesn't matter what level you are there.
Trap damage is way to high imo.
Lower the percentage please.
People were complaining about how nasty Piety was in Act IV with her "instant death" ray. Now, no one cares. We learned how to avoid it.

Same thing here. You'll learn not to take trap damage.
I enjoyed the labyrinth. I thought the traps weren't really balanced, but it was fun.

I had to alt-f4 at one point though because there was a section that I only passed about 5 screens on, but it was nothing but saws and spikes. No safe zones and no tells for what was going to happen. I don't even know how long it actually continued for because it was almost all corners.

On my second run there were zero traps even close to that difficulty.

What I don't like is being 1shot by the boss on my 2nd fight with him.

Lvl 38 65% all resists with 750hp and 250 shield. Idk I don't feel like I should have been 1shot but whatever. I'll start again and fight him with I'm at least 45 this time.
I've only done normal lab so far, but it was definitely fun for me.

I think it would be fair to say that anyone who got to merciless or even cruel lab already is the sort of person who races through the game as fast as possible. Part of your problem might be just the fact that labyrinth needs a different approach than the rest of the game. You need to slow down a bit more. Look before you Leap Slam. See where the traps are and what their pattern is and then plan things out BEFORE you run through them. And sure, a lot of people might not like that style of play. There's plenty of other content and races in the game for people like that. But some people do enjoy a more strategic approach.

The second big complaint was getting disconnected frequently. Obviously this was just a combination of unusually high server load and a few lingering bugs. Not really fair to judge the content itself based on that. I did my first couple attempts at lab last night, got disconnected, saw that it just wasn't gonna happen then, and waited until earlier today when things seem to have been largely fixed. Sometimes day 1 is just simply going to have issues like that for any game or new content.

Also worth noting that with this being the start of a new league, most people who were trying the lab now were probably significantly undergeared compared to what might normally be expected for that level. So yeah, for now, you might need to be overleveling more to compensate.

And finally, yeah, maybe things are still too difficult, even after factoring in all of the above. Wouldn't be the first time they've released content that's overtuned to start with. But it's probably a bit too soon to be rushing to judgment on that.
Wall of text incoming. My first take notes on it after completing it on normal:

1) It is LONG. I went in at level 34 and came out (after 1 death of my own fault and 1 DC, each shortly after beating phase 1 Izaro) level 40. With a clean run I would estimate leaving around level 38. Not only are there a lot of zones but they are all massive. I think the zone size could be cut down.

2) Movement skills/move speed on boots feel pretty much mandatory. Some of the traps move pretty quick. I was able to bypass some of the trap mechanics using Flame Dash, Lightning Warp or Leap Slam are probably better in some areas.

3) Izaro is pretty tough, especially on phase 3. That extra skill where he teleports you to another point in the room with all the traps in the room is deadly. When I first fought him in phase 1 my thoughts were holy shit does this guy have a lot of health, but by phase 3 the health pool wasn't a huge issue. Probably due to all the levels I got. And you better bring some heavy AoE. Had I gone in still using Arc as my main skill instead of Ice Nova no way could I have killed him.

4) There should be some kind of warning against portaling out. Maybe right before you start the run with an option to disable after the first time. Yes it is in the patch notes now, but it won't be forever, or it will be buried. Maybe it is there somewhere now and I just missed it.

5) You have to take your time. Trying to rush through as fast as possible is only going to get you killed. It is unforgiving. A small mistake can snowball quickly.

6) Small sample size, but currency drop rates seemed pretty good.

As a PoE veteran (but by no means a pro) I was able to get through it without too many difficulties. If you can follow the classic "don't stand in the fire" rule, you should be able to get through it. It will get easier and easier the more times you run it. I'm OK with the difficulty considering the rewards you get. Ascendancy classes are a huge boost in power (worth about 30 passive points since it takes 5 regrets for each ascendancy point) and the enchantments can pack a pretty big punch.

Having said that, I could see this dungeon turning off some casual players. It is long and unforgiving. Yes the content is technically optional, but who wants to play with a severely gimped character not having an ascendancy class? PoE has always had a lot of punishing mechanics and a history of content being released overtuned (Invasion bosses/Beyond monsters at their league's starts, act 4 to name a few) that gets nerfed pretty quickly. I see the same thing happening here.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People were complaining about how nasty Piety was in Act IV with her "instant death" ray. Now, no one cares. We learned how to avoid it.

Same thing here. You'll learn not to take trap damage.

Totally agree here.

Ran all 3 diffs on std and died to merc once only due to lack of being careful aka autopilot mode.
Imo dividing the game to casual - just "just give me the rewards" mode and racing mode is not needed. If you want the reward, work for it. Same in life.
Unless the entire expansion is rescinded, I'll never play PoE again.

How many hours does the thing take to complete? 6? 8? 12? 43?

Would you play Poe if you made a mis-step on the way to Dominus and the game said sure, you can restart - on the Twilight Strand?

How about if some Sceptres of God included an unavoidable room that will kill you no matter what you do? Would you restart on the Strand just to see if it was there again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info