The Labyrinth

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you would have spent the last hour trying to learn about the lab rather than complaining about it, you might have found it's not so bad.

Edit: But, I forgot... it's been out 24 hours now so you're an expert on it.

Yeah, ad hominem looks you really intelligent. ;)

I am pointing out constructive suggestions that nobody(well, nobody SHOULD BE) is against. Because, if you want the Iron Man in the normal(lol at the concept), you could. And you wouldn't know any different.
its seems like the OP just wants what is offered at the end of the labyrinth for free. . .

and dont say "you" when you mean "me" or "I"
Last edited by thawn4444 on Mar 5, 2016, 2:45:22 PM
"
Vastranis wrote:
No, this is not the answer. Just because you've been flogged the whole life, does not mean everyone has to be.

3 Posts later.

"
Vastranis wrote:

The irony of this is just sickening. :D
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 5, 2016, 3:20:12 PM
"
Vastranis wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you would have spent the last hour trying to learn about the lab rather than complaining about it, you might have found it's not so bad.

Edit: But, I forgot... it's been out 24 hours now so you're an expert on it.

You can't call "ad hominem" when you're putting your own opinions out. That's not what the term means.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Yes Shagsbeard, I've already spend 45 minutes to learn Lab just go get distracted by my sons, one small mistake and... next run, half of hour into Lab... disconnect... next, this time on fresh Perandus League character, 45 minutes, Argus and 2 Izaros down... lag.

I hope that unemployed nolifers will fund their servers, because I'm not going to touch this shit again until they add some checkpoints or possibility to return after death. Sorry, but I have normal life and can't afford for more than 30 minutes interrupted gameplay.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Mar 5, 2016, 3:41:34 PM
"
Vastranis wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just like all of the "hard" content, it seems to become much easier once the players have figured it out. Give it time. Eventually, players will not be so vexed by it.

Trying to figure out what's right and wrong with it at this time is very short-sighted.

I as a Hardcore player feel like if someone spat in my face with this. I do not find things like the lab fun and only want to do it for utility. If I want the challenge, I'll try funny builds vs Malachai or Maps.

Currently, this option does not exist and hence I feel it is not short sighted at all. In Softcore...yeah right. Hardcore is the true test whether something was properly implemented(or not).

Hardcore is the true test. You can still survive and map in Ascendancy without every setting foot in the Labyrinth. If you want an "A" for ascendancy, then you need to take the tough HC test.

I consider myself a mediocre player (at best) and I can figure the Labyrinth out. In order to help the "true" players on HC, I will share my insight:

By considering various stratagems and synthesizing new tactics into a syncretic whole I have
innovated the following all inclusive techniques
:

Step 1) Avoid traps
Step 2) Enjoy profit!

Some philosophical points to consider before embarking on such a radical change in behavior -

1) Does your character prefer to avoid pain and damage?
2) If a high level character steps in Bantha poodoo does it still stink?
3) Is "Don't do that, that hurts!" an ethical framework your character can embrace?
4) Are deep breathing and meditation viable alternative medical techniques for reducing damage?

When your character has found their center, and begun to use their inner eye to look before they leap, the following will help guide your exile along the proper path:

Choose the path of least resistance.
Spoiler
The trap that is moving away from you is not a trap.

Don't stand on the train tracks.
Spoiler
Unless you are moving that character to standard on purpose, step to the side while the train passes

Timing is everything!
Spoiler
He who hesitates may be lost, but at least he is still alive

Love your neighbor!
Spoiler
The enemy of your enemy is your friend - or at least a partial refill of your flask when you need it

The shortest path between HC and Standard is a straight line
Spoiler
All who wander are not lost to death, let your character move to the right or left even in an election year

Drink plenty of fluids
Spoiler
Just like the Kwisatz Haderach and the Reverend mothers, you must learn to convert the water of life -

If you reject these doctrines - expect your inner voice to say:

"Thank you for playing, please try again."

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I'm shocked by this " labyrinth " . Particularly impressed with the decision each time to pass it again. Really it was impossible to make a couple of portals ? How many times do you need to start again to explore it ? In general I am disappointed =(
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Vastranis wrote:
No, this is not the answer. Just because you've been flogged the whole life, does not mean everyone has to be.

3 Posts later.

"
Vastranis wrote:

The irony of this is just sickening. :D

I don't see how one has any relation to the other.

The former is a simple correlation(or more like why it isn't applicable): if one thing happens in one instance, it doesn't mean it needs to happen in another instance. It wasn't ad hominem.

The latter was posted as a reaction to me being called (necessarily) special and entitled. In the lack of refuting facts or anything to shoot my ideas down, he clearly resorted to "YOU SUCK". What is this but ad hominem?

Plus ad hominem is ad hominem. It doesn't matter whether I share facts, my ideas, my impressions or whatever. "You <insulting noun>" is a textbook definition of ad hominem. Let's see whether I was wrong or not.

And how these two are linked so as to create irony...is beyond me I am afraid.
Almost all of it is confusing, it's annoying anyplace it isn't confusing, it is way, Way, WAY too long, and one taste of it, that took I don't even know how long, has made me not want to play Path of Exile ever again - and up until now, I've played for thousands of hours...
"
Vastranis wrote:

The former is a simple correlation(or more like why it isn't applicable): if one thing happens in one instance, it doesn't mean it needs to happen in another instance. It wasn't ad hominem.

The former is a labeling of me as "somebody who has been flogged all his life", that you use as an implicit argument to dismiss my point of view and my arguments concerning what hardcore/ironman is about with a "No, this is not the answer. Just because you've been flogged the whole life, does not mean everyone has to be." rather than addressing my points. That is most certainly arguing ad hominem.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info