[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

Before anyone asks, yes this build is very viable for the upcoming 2-week race!

Best of luck! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Why do you keep ice golem at lvl 2? just at a curiosity
Why do you keep ice golem at level 2 just at a curiosity?
how do you get 8 frenzy charges total? been using this build as new player to game and i love it.

Hi Nerf, congrats on another great build. Lvl 78 now, just manage to get cap on my resists @ merciless. Since Shadow and Dust are extremely cheap in Pendarus I got myself one. Question is, are they worth using them instead of Maligaro's Virtuosity ?
"
kesman wrote:
how do you get 8 frenzy charges total? been using this build as new player to game and i love it.

To get the 8th frenzy charge you have to take a different path in the ascendancy tree.

Instead of getting Avatar of the Chase, choose Avatar of the Slaughter. It makes a huge difference in the game play since it is so easy to keep Frenzy charges up compared to Onslaught charges.
"
pvmhigh69 wrote:
Why do you keep ice golem at level 2 just at a curiosity?

I believe it is because he has the Ice Golem gem tied to CWDT (Cast When Damage Taken). The two gems have to be close in level to work.

I decoupled this and just cast ice golem on my own and level him as normal.
Would anyone be willing to share their stats of their character? I want to see where I have room to realistically improve.

Here are mine

Level 89:

Health: 5.64k
DPS for LA (with blood rage full frenzy and power charge): 26k (over 28k with onslaught)
Res: all capped at 75 except Chaos which sits at -60
Evasion: 45%
Dodge: 30%

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 23, 2016, 6:48:57 PM
Currently level 51 ( hardcore, cruel a3 ) and feeling pretty decent but gear is kind of crap but I'll manage.

around level 40 I felt pretty vulnerable but as closer I got to 50 it went a little better.

My Tips:
* Always try to max your res ASAP
* When lvl 32 start using death's harp ( got myself a 5l and my damage x 3.5 )
* Pick life nodes over damage nodes first

I recommend Death's Harp because it's cheap and still pretty good for leveling until you get decent gear.

Before Death's Harp this build felt pretty bad but all bow builds suck in the beginning, so til level 32 I wouldn't recommend to use bow skills as your main damage.

Curret stats without buffs:

LA DPS: 721.6
Health: 1748
Evasion: 47%
Dodge: 30%
I'm planning to run a Raider LA build for Prophecy and have a couple questions that I hope you can answer. I haven't played in a while and my memory is fuzzy on how a couple things interact.

Is the build doable (or can be converted) to using Windripper or Voltaxic instead of a physical bow? Since LA converts your physical into lightning I'm not sure if it works well. My friend told me Voltaxic would be cheap in the new league due to chaos/spark nerf. Would you then use Wrath/HoT instead of Hatred/HoA?

For single target, I keep seeing people talk about a trick with Frost Wall for LA but I can't find much info on how it works. Can you explain this one?

Assuming that FW can't be used for single target, how big of a difference would it make to use Frenzy instead of Blast Rain? I hate losing charges for bosses but not sure if it's worth it. Blast Rain looks cool and I've never used it since it came out after I stopped playing.

Appreciate any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info