[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Where in the build is blood rage coming from? I don't remember it being mentioned in the video and the beginning of this thread does not mention blood rage as one of the skills.....

I don't know. Actually you are right, the advised gem setup doesn't mention blood rage, but I find it extremely useful for mapping; the attack speed provided is very good and it is the best way to generate frenzy charges when fast-farming monster packs.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Where in the build is blood rage coming from? I don't remember it being mentioned in the video and the beginning of this thread does not mention blood rage as one of the skills.....

I don't know. Actually you are right, the advised gem setup doesn't mention blood rage, but I find it extremely useful for mapping; the attack speed provided is very good and it is the best way to generate frenzy charges when fast-farming monster packs.

If you look at his gem setup in the actual gear at the beginning (in his gloves), I think the blood rage gem is in there (even if he says to ignore the gems). He is obviously running blood rage in the video as you indicated.

I just tried equipping blood rage at my current level 50 but it was draining my life too fast. At what level did you have enough life regen to run blood rage? Do I need to look for equipment that has life regen or will the skill tree eventually give it to me as I level up?

Blood Rage is a 4% HP degen per second.

You can take, from the passive tree, Golem Blood (+1.6% health regen per second) and Heart of the Oak (+1%) for a total 2.6% which partially mitigates the degen from Blood Rage.

Master of the Arena, left of Bravery, is another easy 1% if you want to go to 3.6%.
ok I already have Golem Blood and Heart of the Oak from following his build guide. I will try and add Master of the Arena, which has the +20 strength which will help for the gem leveling.

Thanks!
I'm very curious where your Lightning Arrow skill gem is???
I got a Voltaxic Rift 5 link, is it okay for this build, or is it better with a good harbinger bow?
Question: how this build make frenzy chargues? Just with the Way of the Poacher? That's only a 10% chance of make a chargue per kill, maybe works in big mob groups, but still really low and useless with bosses or long fights.

In the first 50 levels Victario's Acuity helps a bit more, but actually i use frenzy attack to keep chargues in bosses and between the group of mobs.

More info about the frenzy chargues plz?
Last edited by sonikito on Apr 30, 2016, 9:11:58 PM
"
sonikito wrote:
Question: how this build make frenzy chargues? Just with the Way of the Poacher? That's only a 10% chance of make a chargue per kill, maybe works in big mob groups, but still really low and useless with bosses or long fights.

In the first 50 levels Victario's Acuity helps a bit more, but actually i use frenzy attack to keep chargues in bosses and between the group of mobs.

More info about the frenzy chargues plz?

In his video he is using blood rage to help generate the frenzy charges. I use blood rage with this build and generating the frenzy charges is very easy. I am not sure why he did not list blood rage as one of the gems when he is clearly using it in his build but you should have to room to add it if you are looking for each frenzy charges as well as the other benefits of blood rage. Make sure you have enough life regen before running it though since it drains 4% of your life and energy shield per second.

I have made a small adjustment to the build which has made a huge difference for my playing style.

I have found it extremely easy to keep the frenzy charges maxed out. As such, for my last ascendency point, I chose Avatar of the Slaughter over Avatar of the Chase.

With that last point, I get the following massive bumps since I can keep all 8 frenzy charges active when playing:

16% movement speed

24% attack speed

24% attack damage

This build is just wonderful!

I am level 79 and tearing through tier 8-10 maps. The clear speed is unreal. I even did one that fully alched and went through it like butter.

I do have to be careful around some bosses though since my health is only around 4.8k right now. Nothing else even gets near me in the maps at this level as they just get shot gunned like crazy once all 8 frenzy charges are up and running.

The character feels so OP damage wise that I am considering switching away from the unique gloves to another set that provides more life. My next 10 or so skill points are going to be in crit type of stats, so I might be able to make the trade off.

I will look around to see what type of gloves are available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info