[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
ridox112 wrote:
Can smb explain me why i need to hold on with lvlin some skills? "Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 7)" or Immortal Call (lvl 9). I cant pick higher?

Im tryin to follow your notes, but im squishy as hell. Could u give me some solutions, how to improve my char?

Anyway, its my first guide i ever used in PoE and its clear & easy. Thanks !

level 7 cwdt support required lv50 or lower skill gems (lv9 immortal call requires lv 50) and a low level cwdt with trigger more often than a higher level one it's a matter of preference and play style i'd say
"
michaeljord wrote:
"
ridox112 wrote:
Can smb explain me why i need to hold on with lvlin some skills? "Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 7)" or Immortal Call (lvl 9). I cant pick higher?

Im tryin to follow your notes, but im squishy as hell. Could u give me some solutions, how to improve my char?

Anyway, its my first guide i ever used in PoE and its clear & easy. Thanks !

level 7 cwdt support required lv50 or lower skill gems (lv9 immortal call requires lv 50) and a low level cwdt with trigger more often than a higher level one it's a matter of preference and play style i'd say

Thank you!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Is it worth really going for the dagger instead of a wand?
I don't understand the reason to build/use whirling blades.

Is it that good?

I'm currently using more defensive/passives on the slot instead of the dagger stuff.
Which enchantment should i focus on getting in my helmet?
Shockwave totem damage, cast speed or radius?
which jewels is good? can u link some for example?
just used essence and got this bad boy
, couldnt expect better results for the base ^^
Talamoana warrior
sorry if noob question. why +40 life on bandit rewards? seems not that good.
"

Is it that good?

I'm currently using more defensive/passives on the slot instead of the dagger stuff.

Dagger allows you to use whirling blades with fortify, which a lot of people like. I elected to use a wand and to use lightning warp with less duration instead.

The only other change I made to the original build was to remove Zealot's Oath. While it was good for fights in tight quarters where it can be hard to maintain ES, I found it annoying on long boss fights where I ran out of health and flasks. YMMV.

You may struggle with mana until the switch to ES, which for me as at the beginning of merciless. Currently at 78 I'm loving everything else about the build.

Edit: I also moved the stone golem to the lower level CwDT. He dies fast and was never up enough when based on the higher damage trigger.
Last edited by Saevan on Sep 15, 2016, 2:24:39 PM
"
Saevan wrote:
"

Is it that good?

Dagger allows you to use whirling blades with fortify, which a lot of people like. I elected to use a wand and to use lightning warp with less duration instead.

The only other change I made to the original build was to remove Zealot's Oath. While it was good for fights in tight quarters where it can be hard to maintain ES, I found it annoying on long boss fights where I ran out of health and flasks. YMMV.

You may struggle with mana until the switch to ES, which for me as at the beginning of merciless. Currently at 78 I'm loving everything else about the build.

Edit: I also moved the stone golem to the lower level CwDT. He dies fast and was never up enough when based on the higher damage trigger.

Thanks for the kind reply.
And damn, I love when I find someone with the same line of thinking.
I've also removed zealot's oath, it was a pain in the ass, mostly in the trials in the maps (pretty hard without life regen).

I'm close to level 87 atm, my stats are 4.7k life, 2.7k es, about 29k dps on the "stats" screen (32k~34k) when fortify procs.
I love this build, the only fight that's really hard for me is izaro on the uber lab, he one shots with the leap :(

Do you have any suggestion for that? I'm thinking about removing some damage nodes for some survival.. I feel the dps is already really high.
"
tinklefairy6 wrote:
sorry if noob question. why +40 life on bandit rewards? seems not that good.

In softcore league it may not count as much as in hardcore. But it's not only 40 life, don't forget the bonus from the other skills you will get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info