[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

Switched Shaper's Seed for Blood of Corruption - Gluttony is pretty much immortality for 12 seconds. Instead of CWDT running 3 vaals(discipline, haste, grace) with increased duration and corrupted jewel that increases duration of vaal skills by 20%. Gives party almost a minute of invulnerability - with these lag spikes and fps drops it's pretty sweet.
Got warcry bonuses from ascendancy and spam rallying\endurance cry all day. Tried abyssal cry, but the range is too small.
Waiting for my lvl 3 enlighten to run all purities(i run haste instead of 1).
Died 0 times through 65-87, even on red maps with corruption, though I have only about 740 life and 3.9k ES.
Looking for last ascendancy to grab a little more toughness - Time of Need. Harmony of Purpose is useless for most builds, thus not worth investing in.
Don't know about that totem though - already have my hands full with war cries and constant Life checking. Vaal auras give me enough time to survive pretty much anything without it. I see my ES dent - pop grace or discipline or gluttony.

Nice build, enjoying it, thanks.
Last edited by Toralian on Dec 8, 2016, 10:50:02 AM
You level with friends from level 1? you go support from 1 onward? what you do to be effective from range 1~68 (68 you can equip all prism guardian, alpha howl, victario etc).

Im playing a templar srs/summon atm, i dont know if it will be more effective to start from level 1 supporting friends... my GF play Witch (Future necromancer), my friend shadow, and another friend ranger.

My ideas is to double curse + auras, cause low level you can't use many auras, maybe with blood magic, hard maps enfeeble + temporal chains, and fast clear speed double curse, what do you think? (i know, Jesus Dont Curse, Heretic!)

btw, nice guide, all auras really sweet, good Job Karunga, ty.
Last edited by mirolino on Dec 8, 2016, 12:27:01 PM
"
mirolino wrote:
You level with friends from level 1? you go support from 1 onward? what you do to be effective from range 1~68 (68 you can equip all prism guardian, alpha howl, victario etc).

Im playing a templar srs/summon atm, i dont know if it will be more effective to start from level 1 supporting friends... my GF play Witch (Future necromancer), my friend shadow, and another friend ranger.

My ideas is to double curse + auras, cause low level you can't use many auras, maybe with blood magic, hard maps enfeeble + temporal chains, and fast clear speed double curse, what do you think? (i know, Jesus Dont Curse, Heretic!)

btw, nice guide, all auras really sweet, good Job Karunga, ty.

I'd say no to that. I am not an author but I did follow the guide in this league and still kind of do, although I'm looking for some upgrades and my own ideas now that I am dinging 80 at any moment.

As explained in the leveling part of guide, first levels are probably best dealt with some regular stuff like flame totems, srs, maybe sparks in the very beggining. I played with one friend of mine all the way to the level 80 now and I was just slowly dropping my dps sources during that journey. I stopped giving care about it around first lab and started gathering more auras as allowed by new gear pieces.
Currently 87 in Breach league, any way you could take a look and see why im still stuck running only 8 auras please. Thanks :D
I started with your 2.3 version in Breach league and am now respeccing toward the 2.5 version, and I'm a little confused. I tried peeking at your character but and I see you've gone Shavs this league and are running a very different setup. Not sure if you can answer these, but:

- In the reservation setup you've got a 14% local reduction on hatred in Victario's. Where is that coming from? I know there are 15% reduction lab enchants, but they're for helmets.
- How are you managing 3350 mana? At level 80 I've got half of that with an almost identical tree. (edit: I guess 4-5 more Healthy Minds would do it...)
- Why Pain Attunement?

Also not putting Discipline in a +2 slot is pretty painful. I came up with this alternate reservation setup instead using your 2.5 tree, but it feels a little awkward and requires a conqueror's efficiency jewel. (Though it doesn't require a level 4 enlighten, which costs almost as much as a Shavs right now.)

So far I feel like the 2.3 setup is a lot better. The 2.5 setup has the benefit of running a higher level clarity and hopefully a lot more shield, but at the cost of lots of life (i.e. shorter reaction window,) another damage aura, 19% effect on another damage aura from losing generosity link, and 12% effectiveness and 24% radius to every aura.
Last edited by RefinedSugar on Dec 22, 2016, 7:56:10 PM
Hi,

the 15% reservation is most probably from the Helmet Enchantment, I think it is global and not necessarily tied to the Helmet!

Here is his character from last league: IP_ThisIsABuff

He went Shavs this league as he had no problems affording one and went lazy (switched back once to Victario's but somehow got into the habit not watching life bar and died a few times).

With Shavs you don't have to carefully watch your life bar all the time. Also some mods like Poison on Hit on maps can really f your day up ;) (other than that, Victario is super cheap and overall probably more effective in terms of numbers, just not for the safety of the Guardian)
Last edited by daish0 on Jan 20, 2017, 5:26:04 AM
hi, i was following this build but i didn't notice i was following the 2.3 build.. May I ask if that is still viable? i was looking for a budget friendly support build...

as a relatively new player, i don't have the resources to get a shav nor a chayula.

Even so, when he has chayula, why did he still go for the 3 pts surrounding Heart of Oak (btm right of skill tree)? Or is that just for the movement speed lol

I'm not getting how he is running all the auras without victario's or an enlightened gem =s ...
Last edited by RubyCloud on Jan 20, 2017, 12:20:39 PM
How do you guys feel about the build after the patch notes? Victario's Influence got an amazing buff, Shaper's seed a slight one, Victario's Flight got a movespeed aura, but what about the AoE nerf for auras? Thinking about giving the build a shot later in the league cause the near invulnerability looks pretty scwhifty.
Hi, bro!
I'm really interested in this build (as I can't seem to build a decent one myself) but unfortunately I can't read the skill tree, it's already updated so yours doesn't show the nodes properly. My question is, are you using MOM? If not, why not? Would it be good for this league with the buffs to it? With 1.4k mana, could I use less ES or something for more mana? How tank is this character? Low virtual life pool makes me doubt it a little as i'm used to high life pool characters with low defenses. Anyway, thanks already, hope you answer before league starts and hope you update it before that too haha
How are you running RIghteous fire + LL, My energy shield just drops like a rock, Im sitting at 4.8k ES and 700 life right now at level 83.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info