[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
Kellen wrote:
I have a doubt about chest armour, help me choose the best in order:

- Kaom's Heart: life + fire dmg burst (-- price)

- Kintsugi: life + 20% less Damage taken if you have not been Hit Recently (-- low. armour)

- Belly of the Beast: good res + life + armour

- Daresso's Defiance: nice endurance charge mechanics

- Lightning Coil

I don't understand the mechanics very well and why you have chosen Lightning Coil as main armour.

Thanks!

doing it as Champion. I used Lightning Coil before but its was hard to get resist+life up specially if you using voidheart ring. Changed LC for Daresso's Defiance and it feels much better.
can you please give us a tree of the build on poebuilder. Every time i want to see skill tree i shrink my eyes and they hurt so much. Thanks
"
flekflekica wrote:
can you please give us a tree of the build on poebuilder. Every time i want to see skill tree i shrink my eyes and they hurt so much. Thanks

Just copy the link and paste it into poebuilder? Or use poeplanner.com
Hi,
thanks for this guide, i am new to this game and nevertheless learned a lot so far.

But something is wrong with my character ... i do enough dmg i think, around 18k in screen shown with buffs.

But my defense is weak ... my res are like 70/50/70/-50 (chaos res .. i dont know how to get them ...), my life is 3.2 k (here i really wonder how people get 5k+ and my armor is 2.1k (same as life).
I know, my low armor is related to the tabula rasa, but this 6 link was kind of cheap with 12chaos and boosts dmg from 11k to 18k for me.

So basically from level 3 maps on i die a lot. I have already perm fortify by asc class champion (norm + cruel lab) but does not help so much.

Also i switched to use warlords mark to generate endurance charges (i hate to use to many keys to re-cast spells manually on a regular basis).

Any tips what to do next?

"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,
thanks for this guide, i am new to this game and nevertheless learned a lot so far.

But something is wrong with my character ... i do enough dmg i think, around 18k in screen shown with buffs.

But my defense is weak ... my res are like 70/50/70/-50 (chaos res .. i dont know how to get them ...), my life is 3.2 k (here i really wonder how people get 5k+ and my armor is 2.1k (same as life).
I know, my low armor is related to the tabula rasa, but this 6 link was kind of cheap with 12chaos and boosts dmg from 11k to 18k for me.

So basically from level 3 maps on i die a lot. I have already perm fortify by asc class champion (norm + cruel lab) but does not help so much.

Also i switched to use warlords mark to generate endurance charges (i hate to use to many keys to re-cast spells manually on a regular basis).

Any tips what to do next?

1. Link the marohi up and put your eq gems in there. You can get a cheap 6 link if you buy the jeweller's touch prophecy for 20 chaos and use it on marohi.

2. Drop tabula rasa. That chest is completely useless. Get one of the unique chests linked on this page a few posts back or a good rare with life/resists/armour like:

3. You can use leapslam and warlord mark to generate all the endurance charges along with enduring cry. Link leapslam to endurance charge on melee stun. You might wanna add a damage support gem too if it doesn't trigger reliably.

4. Replace carnage heart with a good rare amulet like this:
Try to get a resist here aswell if possible.

5. Replace agony nail ring with one that has decent life and resists. Aim for 70+. Flat phys damage here is a bonus. If all else fails atleast craft life on the ring via elreon or have someone in the masters channel craft it for you. the other ring golem turn is alright.

6. Your helm is ok but you can easily get a better one for a chaos or two that has better life and some resist.

7. You gloves are good. See if you can craft mana leech on them via haku. Then you can drop the leech passives in duelist area saving 3-4? points in the process.

8. Replace that unique belt with a rare rustic sash that has some good life 70+ and resists.

9. Replace your boots with some rare that has as much movespeed as you can get 30% is possible, good life 70+ and resists. Unless you are using leapslam to move around. Then you can skip movespeed on boots and just use leapslam instead.

10. Get better flasks when you can. I see no anti freeze flask there and the sacred life flask is lvl 36. Delete that one. One eternal heal over time life flask + an instant divine life flask are a good combo. Also quality up all flasks. Use those glassblower orbs. Replace the mana flask with a granite flask and keep that up all the time. You don't need a mana flask for this build not even on no regen maps.

11. Use bloodrage (green gem) Provides all the life leech you need and frenzy charges. Link it to increased duration.

12. Get chaos res where ever you can. It tends to be easiest to get this on boots, belt, helm and rings. Just get as much as you can without skipping other priorities.

13. Get enduring cry (red gem) and use it. I don't see it anywhere in your items. If you don't need it you can use rallying cry (red gem) for some mana regen and extra damage.

14. Level up your gems. Hatred and herald of ash are level 2.

If you do most of this stuff you suddenly have a very tanky charachter. Now you can do tier 13+ maps instead of tier 3.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 8, 2016, 8:27:50 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

1. Link the marohi up and put your eq gems in there. You can get a cheap 6 link if you buy the jeweller's touch prophecy for 20 chaos and use it on marohi.

If you do most of this stuff you suddenly have a very tanky charachter. Now you can do tier 13+ maps instead of tier 3.

Hi,
thank you for your tipps! That are many, however all is around this 6 link issue - i use tabula rasa because it was cheapest way to get a 6 link that massively boost my dmg.

However, getting 20 chaos for me as you suggest is not easy.

I just started this game, so it also is not easy to get the rares you mentioned with better stats (that are for example reasons for using this unique armor and belt).

Hatred and herald of ash are level 2 because on first page it seemed that this lower level was enough, so i did not upgrade them yet ;)

About bloodrage ... yes, well is there a way to trigger it like "enduring cry" via warlords mark? I kind of dont like pressing several extra buttons
regularily, maybe im just too lazy ...
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Hi,
thank you for your tipps! That are many, however all is around this 6 link issue - i use tabula rasa because it was cheapest way to get a 6 link that massively boost my dmg.

However, getting 20 chaos for me as you suggest is not easy.

I just started this game, so it also is not easy to get the rares you mentioned with better stats (that are for example reasons for using this unique armor and belt).

Hatred and herald of ash are level 2 because on first page it seemed that this lower level was enough, so i did not upgrade them yet ;)

About bloodrage ... yes, well is there a way to trigger it like "enduring cry" via warlords mark? I kind of dont like pressing several extra buttons
regularily, maybe im just too lazy ...

Oh you don't need to 5l or 6l marohi. Having it 4l is the same as 5l with built in increased aoe gem. It's more than enough to keep going. WHen you have 20 chaos you can get that sweet 6 link.

Yeah you can link bloodrage with cast when damage taken. But it's not really needed even if you are lazy. Are you aware that it refreshes itself when you kill monsters? You can basically keep it up for an entire map with little problems.
Can someone make recommendations on which items to improve, and how? (it's juggernaut build)

ps: I have a question regarding Earthquake; in this build, is it better to just hold the right click, or should you try to time your EQ attacks so that you get most earthquake explosions? Is there actually a difference between those two styles? (considering there is less duration gem linked, of course)
Last edited by Millennium on Aug 14, 2016, 9:19:47 PM
"
Millennium wrote:
Can someone make recommendations on which items to improve, and how? (it's juggernaut build)

ps: I have a question regarding Earthquake; in this build, is it better to just hold the right click, or should you try to time your EQ attacks so that you get most earthquake explosions? Is there actually a difference between those two styles? (considering there is less duration gem linked, of course)

6l marohi and kaom's heart but those dreadful rares. Hate grip ring and Golem paw gloves.
You make my eyes bleed :)

I'm always puzzled when people can afford super expensive multi exalt items like that 6l marohi and kaom chest and then have vendor trash items with 11 life along them. A 1 chaos upgrade in each of those slots would probably be a good investment.

I always use rustic sashes for physical builds. There's another possible 24% damage there. But since you have kaom why not the unique physical atziri belt?

You could get a voidheart ring if you can afford. I don't know how it works with conversion like phys to lightning if it calculates the bleed/poison from phys dmg before conversion or after. If it calculates after conversion you might need to remove those elemental gems or you get worse effect from voidheart.

If you have the mana to sustain continous attacking is best dps of course. But i find with this build all it takes is one slam for each pack so it becomes a moot point.

Let's just say this. There is no downside holding down right click if you read the gem description.

Good luck
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 15, 2016, 9:04:43 AM
Are those better than the ones you mentioned? Which item would require improvement next?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info