[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
Kandamon wrote:
Hello. i have question.

If i cant buy lightning coil on league cuz is to expensive for me, i dont need elemental weapons nodes and elemental dmg nodes right ?

For psychical to lifghtning should i use conc/inc. AOE ??

Build will be good enaugh if pure psychical??

PS. why u use +1 frenzy charge additional node its not waste 2 points ??

Lightning to Phys saves your ass from Phys reflect. Nearly RIP'd to a pack of Phys reflect rares. Immortal Call kept me alive. So the ele damage is literally life saving.
Last edited by MumboOfJumbo on Mar 11, 2016, 5:33:37 AM
Last edited by Lothrik on May 25, 2018, 11:32:58 PM
is melee build good? is this atziri viable?
"
JuztBe wrote:
"
3v07ut10n wrote:
unless you have crazy high less duration, AIS will hit a wall. No point of swinging if the first earthquake hasnt finished since they dont stack.

20/20 less duration with helm enchant ( 45% less duration ) would be needed i would suspect to run a HIGH ais.

A thought, would a level 3 empower outweigh one of the support gems?

High attack speed speeds up clearing by a lot because you are able to one shot most of the trash mobs with one weave anyway.
IF you can swing faster, jump faster it helps a lot.
I'm even running with two weapons now. Mohri and rare high attack speed mace. My clear is mch faster with rare mace.
While mohri is better on bosses.

i will try this out, i was getting at there is probably a scaling point where AIS is deminishing.

Totally forgot about the jump faster part.
"
paraply wrote:
is melee build good? is this atziri viable?

Yes there are many people who have killed her with this build.
Forgive me if this is a foolish question, but why do you not pick up Rampart and some of the surrounding Fortify-based nodes or Executioner/Bloody Bludgeon?
Last edited by MorroAlpha on Mar 11, 2016, 12:25:56 PM
"
MorroAlpha wrote:
Forgive me if this is a foolish question, but why do you not pick up Rampart and some of the surrounding Fortify-based nodes or Executioner/Bloody Bludgeon?

Many people in the thread took the Rampart node (including me) The bloody bludgeon I might go towards thats a good idea, I do feel like I have "enough" dps at this point though.

Some random musings:

For Elemental reflect I drop added fire damage and hatred and pop in life leech and determination.

Can't decide which golem I like the best. I think I am going to end up manually casting lvl 20 Stone for harder stuff and CWDT flame for farming.

As other people in the thread have said I dropped the duelist leech nodes and I use warlord's for leech and for endurance charges. Another side benefit of using warlord's mark is that earthquake frequently stun locks which helps a bunch.

I beat merciless Lab @ 73 (5l Mahori) and it was a bit of a struggle but felt great. Heart was pumping near the end!

Dropped the single target setup and borrowed a friend's Kaom's Heart to try it out and it felt great.

As other people have asked what are some good slash frugal uniques to pick up. I am using high life high armour rares atm and seems to work great but starting to generate currency and looking for some cool ideas on stuff to try.
I didnt pick rampart because this build is already super tanky with perm fortify and 5k+ life. Earthquake aoe is so insanely large, you can just kite and never get hit. Move and attack speed + more damage is key for this build imho. You clear super fast. This is what really counts. Ofcourse HC is a different story. But the best defence is a good offence. I can see at lv90+ and superior gems, attack speed will be great. Also there is a helmet lab enchant I think that makes the aftershock go faster. meaning even more insane dps.

To be honest I think in potential this build may be to strong. And earthquake might recieve nerf? I mean blowing up the whole screen in 1 hit seems broken to me. And im not even that good geared or have 6-link.

I wonder if this is the strongest duelist build in this patch? Or maybe strongest build ingame? Anyone have any idea? I'm getting insane map clear speeds because of how much movespeed this build has+1hit full screen. I'm only at tier5 maps though, but with 4-link lol.

@Idyar
check my gear in profi. Its not great, but might give you a idea. I think good rares are best for this build besides weapon. I'm sitting on like 80 chaos. Not sure what to get either.
Last edited by Zompak on Mar 11, 2016, 2:44:39 PM
So, what setup for Atziri? I tried it today, and the reflect of her split phase is killing me. Literally, there is no way i dont hit the one holding the mirror without some major change, using probably some single target spell. And i think someone here already mentioned he did it with EQ, and didnt even use the concentrating effect...

HOW?
Last edited by evilmindcz on Mar 11, 2016, 3:53:52 PM
"
Lothrik wrote:
In the Bandit Quest Rewards, why do you suggest killing all the bandits for 1 skill point? What skill node are you taking that's better than 16% physical or 8% attack speed? The best "extra" nodes I can find are 6% attack speed and 12% physical, which are both clearly inferior.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming the merciless suggestion of +1 frenzy charge is because of items like blood dance boots.

1. That skill-point could for instance be used on a jewel socket. These has the potential to be MUCH stronger.

2. Frenzy charge is simply just to gain more damage. You are using blood rage to generate the charges.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info