StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

hey hobbit love your filter, especially how you colored the breach splinters. QUestion: Any reason why you have hallowed flasks showing in your strict filter?
got to correct me cause i meant eternal flask.
10 years since last filter update FeelsBadMan
"
CatchemAll wrote:
Hi Hobbit,

i want to thank you for the great Filter! I love it. Its fast an easy to customize. I use it for close to a year now.

There are too things that i miss. I had to add Claws in the rare Section and Sanctified Life Flasks. You think it would be possible to add this 2 (at least prewritten for activation) when you you rework the filter next time. i would really appreciate this. I think these items are in some builds/classes the best option and your filter is one of the best for SSF too.

Greetings and thanks again for all your work

I used to show 1 rare claw (Gemini) but the demand for claws was generally so low that it wound up being cut. As far as I know it's still a very niche item so I probably won't add it back by default unless it becomes worth it for the average player to pick it up in a trade league.

"
CatchemAll wrote:
got to correct me cause i meant eternal flask.

All tier-relevant life flasks show in the levelling range, but once mapping starts Hallowed and Divine are shown because they are the best for seething. Hallowed if you want fast recharging flasks, Divines if you want more HP per button press.

"
illmtk wrote:
hey hobbit love your filter, especially how you colored the breach splinters. QUestion: Any reason why you have hallowed flasks showing in your strict filter?

Flasks show during the levelling range in the Strict filter because the Strict filter is supposed to be used when levelling with twink gear (which usually doesn't include having all tiers of flasks pre-prepared).

"
0203 wrote:
10 years since last filter update FeelsBadMan

There will be one sometime within the next week but there's no imperative for it. The league launch filter is requiring no major changes this time and can easily be used for the entire league if desired.

edit: update won't happen until after the race event on the 29th as I'm focusing heavily on that
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Dec 26, 2018, 5:35:44 PM
1/6/19 - v3.5.1

Betrayal League Update I - Economy, Race, Various Improvements

This update contains significant changes to racing and race overrides, rare filtering, and the economic update for the league. You may have noticed it is coming far later than usual - despite the extensive patch notes the majority of changes are minor and the meta has not changed much since last league. This means the league launch filter will suffice if you choose and therefore this is the least "mandatory" first league update I've probably ever released. The majority of the econ changes simply involve a number of unique items dropping in value tiers as build diversity continues to shrink.

Racing has been adapted to the current caster gem and link heavy meta which sees builds frequently wanting multiple 4L and 3L setups very early on. A large number of level ranges have been increased and a lot more socket items are now shown.

The rare filtering section in Strict has been significantly tightened up, with several "last man standing" basetypes finally eclipsed by the sheer power of the new crafting system combined with fossils & shaper/elder items. Vaal Axe & Harbinger Bow are the most notable victims. The rares in Strict currently shown are only the best bases for the current caster-favored meta - if you're playing a phys bow build in SSF, you may want to adjust a few settings in Section 11. The number of 1h melee bases shown has also been cut in half. I will be keeping an eye on these to see if they wind up being too strict as these are very significant changes.

Lastly, as part of my long term on-going goal to tighten up the General filter, basic gems are now hidden and the 3CL section has been rewritten.

Update Notes:

- Basic nonqual/nonvaal/nonspecial gems are now hidden in the General filter. The race overrides still contain a line to show all gems but given how early the gem vendor becomes available it was only adding clutter to the mapping portion of the filter. Note that there are still exceptions for Empower, Added Chaos, Detonate Mines, Item Quantity, etc.
- 3CL section completely rewritten with racing in mind. Big chromes (4x2) are shown until A5 Kitava, Mid chromes (3x2) are shown up until red maps. Small chromes always show. Chrome items are much larger at race levels. SSF players take note - this means the General filter will not show all chrome items in maps by default, only the space efficient ones (Section 12 to change these options). All chrome items remain hidden in Strict and higher
- Default lab enchant base to Hubris and the lab enchant background has been changed to a much more subdued very dark green
- Veiled items now have sounds
- Fossils retiered according to current economic values
- Top Basetype shaper/elder items only now make sounds if they are over ilvl 75 instead of always. Added same 75 requirement to droplevel 60 catchall for shaper/elder items. End result is no shaper/elder items should make sounds unless over 75 now
- Uber filter no longer hides any resonators
- Removed the unique red border "corrupt this" block as it was just adding clutter
- IDcraft: Significantly expanded in regard to high percent damage rolls on scepters and shields, added the new cold dot mods at t1 and t2
- IDcraft: Removed flat ES jewellery, was far too spammy
- Diamond ring removed from top crafting bases

Rare Filtering Changes: (note: only affects basic rares, not shaper/elder items or 84+ bases)
- Rare highlighting section has been reorganized and now follows the same descending priority every other section does. A lot of blocks have been consolidated and are easier to read and edit
- Opal Wands and Profane Wands are now hidden in Strict, leaving only top scepters and spellcrit daggers for caster bases
- Vaal Axes and Harbinger Bows are now hidden in Strict. These were the last bases being shown of these archetypes and this change may be reverted but the meta has heavily swung away from both for a long time
- Vaal Rapiers, Imperial Skeans, Corsair Swords, Harpy Rapiers, and Spiraled Foils are joining the ever-growing list of rares now hidden in Strict. Melee is the one archetype in PoE I don't play extensively so let me know if this winds up feeling too severe
- Rare Penetrating Arrow quivers are now once again hidden in Strict given the nerfs to Ele hit
- The extended familial trios of Archon Kite Shields and Fossilised Spirit Shields now all show in Strict
- Fossilised Spirit Shield and its trio are now classified as caster/spellcrit gear and therefore use the lighter blue caster border instead of the t2 rare darker blue
- Ezomyte Tower Shield, Archon Kite Shield and trio are now t2 rares instead of t1

Race Override Changes:
- The entire section has been heavily updated, blindly enabling all blocks now sets up the player for an 85 race. New overrides: Div cards (hides div cards bad in racing, WIP), Maps (makes low tier maps bigger with larger sound), Splinters (hides all splinters), Rare Mapping Items (very bright background on rare jewellery/daggers/wands/scepters/shields for maximizing efficiency in early maps).
- Added Jeweller, Chromatic to sounded tiers, Augmentation & Whetstone moved to nonsounded increased highlight tier
- Drastically increased the default levels at which chosen links are shown (3L now 35 instead of 25, 4L now 67 instead of 47)
- Transmute/Alteration/etc override now uses a different minimap icon color (blue) from the Alch/Chaos/etc override (green)

Racing / Early Levelling Changes:
- Drastically expanded 4L's shown between A5 and A10 kitava to include boots and chests given the sheer number of links the current racing meta requires as well as the new movespeed crafts making 4L boots more desirable while levelling
- Significantly expanded the number of 3s & 4s items that are shown during the racing/levelling range due to the gem-heavy meta
- Added minimap icons to 3L & 4L items (blue and green respectively)
- The Archon trio of shields now all have brown borders during the levelling phase
- Trimmed down the white shields shown during the levelling phase to only the top resist, life, and spell implicit shields
- Added minimap icons to levelling flasks and race resist rings
- Increased sound volume on levelling flask drops, added Sulphur to the racing highlights list

Unique Tiering Changes:
- High Value to Small Value: Exquisite Leather, Corrugated Buckler, Penetrating Arrow Quiver, Necromancer's Silks, Vaal Sceptre, Granite Flask, Stibnite Flask, Deicide Mask, Demon Dagger, Destiny Leather
- Small Value to High Value: Full Dragonscale, Vaal Rapier
- Variable Value to bottom: Imperial Skean
- Small Value to bottom: Steel Gauntlets, Desert Brigandine
- Variable Value to Upper Variable Value: Fiend Dagger
- Small Value to Upper Variable Value: Stealth Boots
- Bottom to Small Value: Short Bow
- (new in 3.5) to Small Value: Steelwood Bow

Divination Tiering Changes:
- Coming Storm from default to bottom
- Earth Drinker from high to default

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream (twitch.tv/sfhobbit) as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Jan 6, 2019, 3:38:35 PM
Love the filter. Thanks for all the work.
3/7/19 - v3.6.0

Synthesis League Launch Update

This update contains highlighting for the new Synthesis items as well as the other new features added in 3.6.0 such as Enchanted item highlighting.

Update Notes:

- Added highlighting for Synthesized and Fractured items
- Added highlighting for Enchanted items. Currently all enchanted items are highlighted similar to Labyrinth items, additional filtering for the meta enchants will be added in the league's economy update.
- Added basic sounds to all currently known Synthesis uniques, they will be tiered in the economy update. Sound also added to Cloak of Tawm'r Isley just in case it's not from a recipe
- Added and tiered all currently known Synthesis Divination Cards (2 are unknown and are on the default sound/tier: Boon of Justice & Golden Era)
- Default Chance item back to Leather Belt since Nemesis is back on the menu
- Added Chaos and Detonate Mines have been removed from all special highlight lists as they are now both available from the vendor
- Elder Items now use a dark blue-greyish theme more fitting with the Elder icon and Elder's theme in general. Shaper items remain dark red, again matching the icon.
- Betrayal Veiled Uniques now show up as unique items with a yellow-orange border instead of showing up as other Veiled items
- i86 items valuable basetypes which maintain a high value even late in the league due to their rarity (tldr: some shields) have been given a brighter border than other 86 items
- All 84+ nonjewellery Atlas bases (two-toned, bone helmet, etc) once again have sound in Uber due to the new implicit changes making them much more desirable
- Hid Shaper/Elder items in Uber below i75. This will be expanded in future updates but I want to do this very incrementally given the huge number of variables involved (and how much they can change from league to league).

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream (twitch.tv/sfhobbit) as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Mar 8, 2019, 12:13:03 AM
Thank you for updating the filter. I hope you have a great league.
Thanks for the update :)
Hi Hobbit,

is there a reason that there are no eternal life flasks in the filter?

Regards and thank you for the great filter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info