[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

"
Mr_G wrote:

I was just thinking about Slayer, more for the 20% culling and near permanent Onslaught that you could get, but I didn't know it gave 40% AoE that's huge. Unfortunately you waste at least 6 points travelling out of Duelist area though and you would have to use the Increased Crit Strikes support gem to have a decent 50%+ crit chance and maybe use a diamond flask.

Yeah I looked at the slayer and thought this could be nice enough to work: 40% inc aoe, 20% cull, 20% more damage and perma onslaught would be powerful. I was worried about not having enough crit and amount of traveling in the tree you'd have to do but it could be worth it.
Some thoughts from my side:

Ascendancy Classes

Berserker:
Is the 40% more Damage Ascendancy Bonus on a Berserker worth the 8 travelling points out of marauder? I'd take Cave Slaughter, Aspect of Carnage, Pain Reaver and Rite of Ruin in 2.3.
Endtree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswVCBx4IZwj0C2EMXw3RDkgRLREvEZYVuBXtFm8Wvxg8GFYYahpsHKcc3B2-IG4hkCL0JDckqiUnJpUo-ioLKwosnDLRM4c2PTbpPAU8LT1fQZZFR0lRTLNQMFJTU6VUvVVLVcZYB1xAXUld8l_QYeJirGNDZ5to8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJ1_Xgve4x8g3zlf8aCx4Nfg9uEb4UyidOPGo9Gj_qTJ5M6lS6WMpaLl5WX9Juhnaqdrp_fogCnCK4-rrOvbLVIuJO5k70nvwjAVMBmwwnGrshb0B_Q9dRC1bnbXuNq44TqEOtj6-7r9e987-vwH_DV8h34X_no

Necromancer:
During the two week Flashback I've played 2.2 Poison Block Vortex MOM Budget Supertank (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655474). Unfortunately only played till start of mapping but it seems like a descent choice for a MF Char because of low gear requirements with Cybil's and Lazhwar(always love to play mf). Don't know how it ends damagewise for higher maps and the 2 extra Points on 2.3 are a bit wasted (except using another herald or something like that and adding Commander of Darkness).

Occultist:
Here you can easy obtain 12% as extra chaos damage for 4 seconds on kill(16% with the new +1 curse chest). Cursed Enemies can exploder for 25% of her life as chaos damage and - chaos res on enemies would be my choice. Sounds interesting (not that much crit).

Last question: does the chaos conversion nerf also hit the pretty low items like mortem morsu and lightbane too? Would that be viable with cybil's for example?

"
Borat187 wrote:
Berserker:
Is the 40% more Damage Ascendancy Bonus on a Berserker worth the 8 travelling points out of marauder? I'd take Cave Slaughter, Aspect of Carnage, Pain Reaver and Rite of Ruin in 2.3.

Necromancer:
Poison Block Vortex MOM Budget Supertank (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655474), for a MF Char because of low gear requirements with Cybil's and Lazhwar.

Occultist:
Here you can easy obtain 12% as extra chaos damage for 4 seconds on kill(16% with the new +1 curse chest). Cursed Enemies can exploder for 25% of there life as chaos damage.

Last question: does the chaos conversion nerf also hit the pretty low items like mortem morsu and lightbane too? Would that be viable with cybil's for example?

Berserker:
The biggest benefit I see from Berserker is the 1% life and mana leech that doesn't rely on a curse being applied, meaning hexproof won't be an issue. The 40% more damage would compensate for the lower crit chance, but I personally wouldn't go with MoM + multi curse - hatred is too good for shattering and chilling enemies. Could possibly just use Assassin's mark and Hatred for auras so you don't have to have a power charge generating BV setup. My take on the passive tree:

Necromancer:
A solid defensive option, but it seems the damage would be too low to carry an MF character - it would be safe but not very optimal in terms of clear speed which is equivalent to IIQ.

Occultist:
A decent option especially if you want to go hybrid or low life, free power charge generation like the Assassin, slightly lower damage - pack clearing could be helped by the exploding corpses but it's not really needed.

As for the physical to chaos conversion uniques such as Mortem Morsu and Lightbane I can only guess, but I believe based on the fact that GGG has only mentioned the "meta" uniques regarding the nerf that they may actually be unchanged. There was a guy doing phys->chaos blade vortex build for poison but he stopped without posting a video: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ce71w/chaos_vortex_basic_guide/
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on May 28, 2016, 12:48:09 AM
i could be being really silly. i will be trying out inquisitor for a BV build. a few things i need to clarify tho; hence why i could be being silly:

the elemental damage from start nodes + ascendancy would inc the ele dmg on our BV right? so a phys to light gem could work and it would be more of a ele BV?

whirling blades counts as an attack? so instruments of virtue would basically be a constant 30% spell dmg and 30% cast speed for BV and an extra 30% atk speed for whirling clears?

we gain 100% crit chance vs mobs that have no ele ailments, with some decent gear is this enough to keep power charges up? If not, what about an elemental overload build? how bad would the 40% constant damage be against super high crits constantly? bearing in mind we could switch up a fair few nodes to increase damage as opposed to crit.

how big does ele resist part play if we went more of an ele build? inevitable judgement seems like it could be alot of extra damage if we went the ele road.
Sanctify with descrated ground, means constant 40% dmg for brief periods whle clearing, and a constant 40% damage on boss fights?

im not entirely sure if im missing something huge here which is why no one is suggesting this as a possibility?

in terms of passive tree, its just a straight up swap for first 5 passive nodes, or a decent amount different with elemental overload.
Last edited by jamerOK on May 28, 2016, 5:10:09 AM
"
jamerOK wrote:
i could be being really silly. i will be trying out inquisitor for a BV build. a few things i need to clarify tho; hence why i could be being silly:

I swear you guys are reading my mind - first the Slayer guy then the Berserker guy and now this, I was thinking of full conversion to elemental along with Inevitable Judgement as possibly being higher DPS against bosses due to how much resistances they have. You'd have to invest a bit into crit on gear and power charge generation wouldn't be free (possibly use CwDT + BV + PCoC), but you really don't need to cap crit to do a lot of damage with Blade Vortex.

With DPS focused gear with crit on it instead of MF you wouldn't have much trouble getting to 50-60% critical strike chance, if you add in the Increased Crit support gem that would go up to 75%+ with power charges. The only reason I go Assassin in MF gear is because you can hit 65% crit without having DPS gear and it doesn't take much DPS gear to get to 90%, but it works on other classes - if you get 75% crit chance and use a diamond flask you are basically crit capped anyway.

Yeah, Instrument of Virtue works like that and Sanctify will give you 40% increased damage against bosses as long as kill things around the boss or get hit enough times. Crit Multiplier wins out I think, with 300% crit multi you are effectively multiplying your base damage by 4 every time you crit, compared to 40% more elemental damage that Elemental Overload gives.

Yes, elemental damage will increase elemental spell damage. You could use other items to convert the remaining 50% BV physical damage such as:

I may respec a character on standard to test this out.
oh im happy about the reply! ive theoried all of the builds out and had decided on this one earlier after playing around comparing specs for ages, such a fun part of the game :D

oh please respec one if you have a templar :) i dont have one so i will be going from scratch in new HC league.

there are alot of variances i think to branch off on here. does this need to be a crit focused build? we probably dont need much crit atall to keep elemental overload up, and that could open up alot of points to maybe think about some other options on the build? maybe we could even go away from power charge/crit with this kind of build and focus on some other things, its hard to test any of this out without access to a templar char tho haha.

do we still need alot of physical damage for the build to have high dps? there are so may alternate build routes, with tons of +fire/cold dmg was just wondering if we still needed a high base physical damage?
Yeah even though all of your damage is elemental it is scaled from the original physical damage of Blade Vortex, meaning increased physical damage is slightly better than getting increased elemental damage, because added fire, hatred and physical to lightning add additional damaged which scales off the base physical damage before it is converted.

It's completely up to you if you want to go non crit, but blade vortex benefits so much from crit because of how often it hits making it great for stacking elemental status effects from crit or even poison (actually I really need to test emberwake + taming).

I did respect a level 86 Templar in standard, 50% base crit up to 70% crit with 6 power charges. Using Moonbender and Divinarius, so no shield with life and the boots don't have life either and still he has 4.8k HP. DPS before ascending was similar to the Pathfinder Soulthirst video I posted before (without souls), but then once I had the Inquisitor nodes I fought Izaro again and killed him two times faster at least. Didn't have much time to test but it definitely felt good with shocking and shattering more often due to ignoring resistances. I would warn about elemental reflect in HC though.

Character name is "AnarchySupport" - check my profile / characters tab:
Spoiler
Last edited by Mr_G on May 28, 2016, 11:17:15 AM
"
Mr_G wrote:
Necromancer:
A solid defensive option, but it seems the damage would be too low to carry an MF character - it would be safe but not very optimal in terms of clear speed which is equivalent to IIQ.

Just a few questions on this one:
Have you considered the ~100% increased Spell Damage from Cybil's and the additional 40% increased damage of spirit eater? Plus you can invest some of the skill effect duration nodes on passive tree in other stuff (you get 30% on ascendancy tree, thats like 7 free passive nodes, when you save the nodes behind life wheel). Maybe in Force Shaper (71% phys dam and 5% of extra chaos on top). I'd modified your passive tree a bit (minus vaal pact becaus of cybils liefereg that gets destroyed and minus the lower duration nodes plus aoe on scion side and force shaper).
tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswVCBx4IZwj0DdEOSBEtES8RlhW4Fe0WvxbpGDwYVhzcHb4gbiGQIvQkNyUnJpUo-ioLLJwxnjLRM4c1kjY9Olg64TwFPC09X0GHQZZFR0lRTLNN41AwUlNUvVVLVcZYY1xAXUld8l_QYeJirGNDZJ1nm2pDbAtsjG0ZcFJ1_XuMfIN_xoLHg1-DzIPbhG-J04w2jxqP-pMnkzqVLpYylouXlZf0mFedqp_fogCmV64-rrO1SLc-uJO86r0nvwjAVMBmxq7G2Mhb0B_Q9dRC1bnYvdte44TqEOtj6-7r9e987-vwH_DV8h3yRfhf-ej-Cv6P
"
Borat187 wrote:
I'd modified your passive tree a bit (minus vaal pact becaus of cybils liefereg that gets destroyed and minus the lower duration nodes plus aoe on scion side and force shaper).

Seems you modified the Marauder tree - I swapped it to witch and removed the Marauder start, gives you quite a few points to play with allowing you to get Alchemist if you wanted more block chance from Rumi's and potential to get Ghost Reaver if you wanted to wear hybrid ES/Life gear like that build you mentioned.

The damage would be fine - same as the Templar - 9k unbuffed using Increased Crit Strikes gem giving 50% crit chance going to 70% with power charges in fairly unoptimised gear. This tree has much more %physical damage though and so it will probably be higher. I picked up the +30 dex node just because there are less dex travel nodes in it, but if you have good gear you could remove that. Here is the tree, you could remove some damage for more life if you wanted:
Sometimes my head needs to meet my table ... :-)

Can't exactly decide for what i'll go next league. Maybe max block again with gifts from above to make up for some crit%. But that's not the cheapest option on new league i think. But thx for sharing thoughts. I'll stay in touch here ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info