[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

"
andizite wrote:
what are the bandit rewards you take??

I personally like to go with: Kill all, Kill all, Help Alira for +1 Power charge.

If you are playing in hardcore or just want the extra life you can help Oak in Normal for the +40 HP, but I like having passive points faster so I can get more jewel sockets and it gives me the option to go low life without having to respec the bandit quests.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
REALLY looking forward to this one in 2.3
I'm seriously considering this build for the next league i have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

1) Have you considered Witch Occultist ever? You still get free power charge generation but would be better for survivability?

2) With the confirmed extra two ascendancy points (eventually) what last two nodes would you add? i'm assuming deadly infusing with assassinate will be pretty disgusting. (oh and if you have thought about Occultist same question on that :) ). Ill admit this question could be a bit early since we don't have a balance manifesto yet.

I'm looking for a build that can flow with the league. If i happen to get a lucky drop or two and can get a shav's i'd like to go low life but if that doesn't happen i don't want to playing a build setup for low life without going low life. On the other end i may just stick with HP (i've never played anything ES) so i want something that could do either and i don't normally reroll mid league. One and done.

I like how your build has so many options.

Daggers, dagger shield, pledge, void battery
tabula, Greed, carcass, shav
dps gear, MF gear

Maybe it just speaks to the strength of BV but i think this is looking more and more promising.

I played EQ in perandus and Explosive Arrow in 2w flashback i'm ready to melt somes bosses.

Thanks for any response and for your time in answering everyone's questions.

Hob
"
Hobben wrote:
1) Have you considered Witch Occultist ever? You still get free power charge generation but would be better for survivability?

2) With the confirmed extra two ascendancy points (eventually) what last two nodes would you add? i'm assuming deadly infusing with assassinate will be pretty disgusting. (oh and if you have thought about Occultist same question on that :) ).

I'm looking for a build that can flow with the league.

Yeah, when I was planning this build I made a witch version and considered all the Ascendancy nodes, but for my main goal of MF the Occultist wouldn't get the base crit chance increase which is what makes the Assassin so easy to gear and allows the passive tree to focus on life and resistances more.

They actually buffed the Assassin's Toxic Delivery node giving it 100% more poison damage if it's applied by a critical strike, but then they removed the 10% of physical damage added as chaos damage from Noxious Strike and made it so it only applies when the enemy is bleeding (but adds 20%). I was thinking of testing out how good the poison is, but I'm thinking that the "Critical Strikes Cull" from the Assassinate node is effectively 10% more damage and also means you don't have to swap to Heartbreaker for party culling.

You could possibly apply bleed with cyclone - but the chance to hit would be low and it would make the gameplay clunky.

I'm going to say the Ascendancy nodes to take in order are:
Unstable Infusion > Deadly Infusion > Ambush > Assassinate

Unfortunately they didn't buff any of the Occultists nodes - the only reason I wanted to go with it was for the low life Void Battery dual curse option, but I prefer having the higher crit from Assassin (which also auto generates power charges with Unstable Infusion). If I did go Occultist it would be Forbidden Power, Malediction and Wicked Ward - the stun immunity from Vile Bastion could be worth taking though if you didn't care about dual curse.

Even after an entire league this build still has room to grow for me, next league I may focus more on the life and DPS version, get to 6k life and aim for 100k+ buffed DPS and then attempt more T15 and maybe Uber if I get the courage. Seeing as I killed Twinned Abyss in 7.2s in MF gear I think it should be possible.

There is also another version I have tested (Pathfinder Soulthirst): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYz35Qsp4vw
Yeah it's really sad the new bleed, poison, mame stuff for shadow is all behind a "on hit with attacks".

I figured getting shavs would be difficult without Cardio next league but now they reduced its drop chance further. It just makes the life build better especially for a league starter.

i'll have to check out the soulthirst version.

EDIT
So i just saw the new unique posted on the forums Cospri's Will
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314

Would take the place of greeds but maybe in a dps setup it would be work it. It allows your curse (warlords + assassins mark?) to apply to even hexproof mobs which is important to the build and you Poison cursed enemies on hit, maybe letting you use the new shadow mechanics after all.

If nothing else it is interesting.

Hob
Last edited by Hobben on May 26, 2016, 9:19:58 AM
when noxious strike says % To cause bleeding on attacks.. might be silly question but is blade vortex considered an attack?
Nope it's a spell unfortunately.
"
Hobben wrote:
So i just saw the new unique posted on the forums Cospri's Will
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314

Would take the place of greeds but maybe in a dps setup it would be work it. It allows your curse (warlords + assassins mark?) to apply to even hexproof mobs which is important to the build and you Poison cursed enemies on hit, maybe letting you use the new shadow mechanics after all.

It's a very nice option, I hadn't considered how good it would be for hexproof magic mobs, especially because they tend to be the only surprise when it comes to dying.

The free poison would actually give the build a 7L and you could use Vulnerability to "double dip" on the physical damage degen for the poison - it would make it hard to run Hatred, there is potential with Essence Worm which would make the 2x Blasphemy reserve 98% mana.

That would then be 90% with a level 3 Enlighten (late game), 90% with 4 nodes put into the Ranger aura nodes or you could just apply Vulnerability with a separate low level CwDT blade vortex, meaning you wouldn't have to change any of the auras but it would take a 4L.

The only downside to going Toxic Delivery vs Assassinate would be that you don't get culling strike and unless you apply bleed somehow you don't get 20% added chaos damage but against big bosses I think 100% more poison damage dual curse would beat culling strike single curse.
Hello.

I plan on making such a build on prophecy league. Specially plan to do it as a Duelist Slayer for the 20% Culling strike and 40% inc AoE for safer gameplay, going with the strength nodes to the big life cycle, leaving out the starting stats from shadow. Would look somewhat like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBALkdp5-lNbKAUdqfowxwhrSVJAHcO7Z34_VhqW7AGngNtfJuqjWSSsj-j9i9PydN4_4KX5imV_JFtz5ZbTrhMZ5Bh88y-eiCxyj6Hb64kzOHHNwD7uvujxp8g5rgMtERLUWdRUcsnFNSwGYFQgSzPAVBlqIAn9_vfK6z0PXwH5o7TLOCm5eVIG5SU1AwPV-X9NtebRkI9CL0wFRsC2pDkyd_xhGWBx4OSJUuXfLjhPDVKgsN0Y_6SVFwUmND6_WJ08MJjDa5k1VLYeImlRa_D6t1_SSLhG_DOtRCKji1SOtjES82PZ2qbIxirG878h1knQ==

Note: Asc class Slayer with: Bane of Legends, Headsman, Impact and if I can hit high level lab Endless Hunger.

That would leave out 2 jewel slots, but as exchange for this asc class I'm willing to lose that. Leveling would be a pain since I got such a bad start, but nevermind.
Question is, is your build and would this one be hc viable ? Or should I rather stick to a more defensive equipment/get more defensive nodes and less damage. Thanks
Last edited by Banga65 on May 27, 2016, 6:16:18 AM
"
Banga65 wrote:
Question is, is your build and would this one be hc viable ? Or should I rather stick to a more defensive equipment/get more defensive nodes and less damage. Thanks

I was just thinking about Slayer, more for the 20% culling and near permanent Onslaught that you could get, but I didn't know it gave 40% AoE that's huge. Unfortunately you waste at least 6 points travelling out of Duelist area though and you would have to use the Increased Crit Strikes support gem to have a decent 50%+ crit chance and maybe use a diamond flask.

If I were to play hardcore I would want to get at least 180% max life before jewels, my build has only 168% but jewels bump that up to 196%. The way I play this build with MF I don't think is HC safe, but if you went with defensive and DPS gear it should be viable.

I stacked some more life on the passive tree without removing too much, I guess you could level with weapons until 30 then once you have the Templar AoE pick up Vortex and Bladefall, it will have lots of HP nodes to start with but not much damage. For hardcore also keep a Bladefall setup even just on a 2-3L or on weapon swap so you can clear dangerous areas from a distance.

Oh I tried streaming today, didn't get it all working, PoE wouldn't link to Twitch correctly but I'll figure it out. If you wanted to check out some of the general gameplay there is about an hour up on Twitch with some pauses for troubleshooting: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__/v/68851273?t=01m43s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info