I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO FISH...FISH SOME MORE...

Dear GGG:

I know fishing was just a running joke, gag you guys had back in the day and you never intended to implement it in any form.

BUT

I want it to be a thing and I think I'm not alone.
Most old players, like me still have either some White Rhoa feathers or a fishing rod stacked in our stash, just staying there, waiting to be used.

Just consider the possibilities...

Kind regards:

A Fish Enthusiast

PS: Anyone who also would like fishing to become a thing, please +1 my thread.
Thanks.
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 12:36:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 from me. If it's such a running gag then why make a talisman related to it? Inquiring minds wanna know! Either way my body is ready.

Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
can i ask what aspect of fishing it is you like?
i haven't played any enjoyable fishing mini-games before
wouldn't you rather the team put their efforts towards other kinds of content, and you can play a different game's fishing mini-game?
Always nice to meet a fellow Fish Enthusiast!

Hopefully this is as useful to you as it has been to me:

http://www.foodsafety.govt.nz/elibrary/industry/approved-fish-names/fish-names.pdf

Good luck!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Damnit Dan, now I'm going to be up for 6 hours examining a fish name PDF for mirror recipes! :(
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Always nice to meet a fellow Fish Enthusiast!

Hopefully this is as useful to you as it has been to me:

http://www.foodsafety.govt.nz/elibrary/industry/approved-fish-names/fish-names.pdf

Good luck!

Oh come on Dan! Well thx for the troll/useful info, not sure which it is right now lol.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
pandasplaying wrote:
wouldn't you rather the team put their efforts towards other kinds of content, and you can play a different game's fishing mini-game?

Fishing is relaxing for the most part. PoE's version adds a new element to the fishing mini game, because in order to catch the biggest most exotic fish, you must put your player in harm's way. I'm not sure if being eaten by a big fish (or a large school of small ones) has permanent negative effects on your character stats, or if the ones people show in screenshots are just temporary.

I hope to never had to find out the hard way.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

Fishing is relaxing for the most part. PoE's version adds a new element to the fishing mini game, because in order to catch the biggest most exotic fish, you must put your player in harm's way. I'm not sure if being eaten by a big fish (or a large school of small ones) has permanent negative effects on your character stats, or if the ones people show in screenshots are just temporary.

I hope to never had to find out the hard way.

so there is fishing in poe?
Act 1 Fishing would be nice in Merciless difficulty. By the time you reach that you could surely find a good fishing rod.

I have never found a fishing rod myself, but I have 2 White Rhoa feathers still sitting im my stash.

My idea would be that after you defeat Merveil in Merciless difficulty and you also posess a fishing rod OR you defeat her with a fishing rod equipped in your main hand; a secret passage opens in the other side of her Cave/boss room that leads to a "Secret Cove Level" (See what I did there :) where you can fish.

It could be incorporated into a side quest along the four acts where you collect all the equipment from rarely spawning unique monsters in different areas and hunt down lore connected to the legend of this "Secret Cove".

There could be a series of BiS and unique items which you could only acquire in that Secret Cove Level. e.g: rings,amulets, gems, jewels etc. Anything that could fit inside a fish.

There could be a theme song, a sirens song that plays troughout the time while you fish.
I recommend La petite fille de la mer by Vangelis OR some french sea chanti with a delightful choir. Whatever comes in mind that in some way related to fishing and the sea. The french or english version of La mer (Beyond the sea) is also a good chioce.

@pandasplaying: No there is no fishing, not yet that is. However there are certain items that you can find (fishing rods, that talisman DigitalDreams linked,White Rhoa feathers etc.) which are related to fishing or exact equipments of this fine art.

The aspect I like in real life fishing is the quiet, the silent waiting, relaxing, sumbersion into one's mind. Then there is the expectation, the sweet revelation and finally a fish dinner. :)

A fishing minigame would give this already remarkable game yet another layer of awesomeness. A much needed relaxation for both the hands and mind. A wind down from the battle you just won.

Let me finish with this nice proverb:

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
BUMP. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info