[2.5] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Scion! HC Viable!

Leveking my first CA character of HC perandus as Tornado Shot blast Rain. Trying something new out. Going really well so far at level 54.

Current gear:
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
The SC economy is pretty wacky with all the drops and nothing going out. At level 61 with a similar build so far with some...decent...gear already.

Spoiler

Double projectile and 100% pierce works about as amazingly as you could imagine. The spread is great and knowing that your shots will hit where you want them to is super nice. Conc effect's reduced AoE is barely felt.
I'm also running essence drain and wither totem to get that extra damage against bosses. Might be overkill once the gems are leveled though.

So thanks for the build, hopefully it stays this enjoyable ^^

Last edited by OsOscarius on Mar 5, 2016, 5:52:31 PM
"
OsOscarius wrote:
The SC economy is pretty wacky with all the drops and nothing going out. At level 61 with a similar build so far with some...decent...gear already.

Spoiler

Double projectile and 100% pierce works about as amazingly as you could imagine. The spread is amazing and knowing that your shots will hit where you want them is super nice. Conc effect's reduced AoE is barely felt.
I'm also running essence drain and wither totem to get that extra damage against bosses. Might be overkill once the gems are leveled though.

So thanks for the build, hopefully it stays this enjoyable ^^

Wither totem and essence drain is a very good option! It adds quite a bit of damage.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey Grocery, got to the point and the gear where build is shining already and only at like 3.5k chaos damage.

What type of jewels am I looking for? and any suggestion on enchantments?

Right now I Have just cast word of reflection on hit, which makes a clone spawn when im hit which I really like so far.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Hey Grocery, got to the point and the gear where build is shining already and only at like 3.5k chaos damage.

What type of jewels am I looking for? and any suggestion on enchantments?

Right now I Have just cast word of reflection on hit, which makes a clone spawn when im hit which I really like so far.

Jewels would be pretty standard.

Combinations of Chaos/Projectile/DoT/Straight Damage and Life or anything else you need (stats/res).
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hopefully the nerf to using quality to 6L something doesn't bone me this league. Last league I 6 linked and crafted a +3 bow for practically pocket change, the two exalts I used were even drops. The whole build would have been self found if I hadn't bought the Rigwald quiver, I loved that thing.

I think I'm going to go with something like this for a tree

When I get closer to 90 I may revise it depending on if I want more evasion, life or damage etc.

Only 45 so far since I'm slow. Might have to actually sell things this league though, I hate buying/selling in this game.
does the increased dmg from deadeye apply to casutic arrrow? from my testing, caustic arow gets no bonus from the dmg increase. it does the same dmg if i cast it in front of me or at the edge of the screen. maybe its because my dmg is to low to see a difference, but maybe some of you tested it already?
"
Sharkuuu wrote:
does the increased dmg from deadeye apply to casutic arrrow? from my testing, caustic arow gets no bonus from the dmg increase. it does the same dmg if i cast it in front of me or at the edge of the screen. maybe its because my dmg is to low to see a difference, but maybe some of you tested it already?

As far as I know, the cloud does not benefit from the damage, only the damage from the actual projectile.

It does work with frenzy though, and caustic is for the 50% pierce chance and additional arrow.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Mar 7, 2016, 8:53:27 AM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Sharkuuu wrote:

As far as I know, the cloud does not benefit from the damage, only the damage from the actual projectile.

It does work with frenzy though, and caustic is for the 50% pierce chance and additional arrow.

You are correct. 50% Pierce saves us 3 nodes and the extra projectile is priceless.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Sharkuuu wrote:

I've been checking different guides and Serleth has a point here:

"
There's a difference between the way Ranger's Far Shot, and Scion's Far Shot (which is part of the Deadeye Scion) is worded:

Ranger: Projectile attacks (aka, "projectile attack damage", which does NOT scale CA ground damage)
Scion: Projectiles (any projectile, aka "projectile damage," which scales CA ground damage).

This means that Ranger is inefficient because to get to Endless Munitions, you need to go through Far Shot, which does not scale the CA cloud damage in the Ranger version of Deadeye.

Hence, Scion. -15% chaos res to cursed enemies = multiplicative damage boost, AoE from +arrow, 30% increased damage, etc.

Ranger only gives you +arrow and 30% increased damage.

Source:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/308

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info