[2.5] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Scion! HC Viable!

"
callmax wrote:
Man Grocery you're awesome... Big THX for that Build Idea... thought my LvL97 Scion would be useless after Patch...
Searched/theorycrafted the past days...

But this i will be doing...

Good thing is that i already have 6L +3 Bow and LvL4 Empower and CA LvL21...

so i changed the Build a little bit cause ill play SC with it...

Going Raider/Deadeye

And i took Phase Acro and im wearing Atziri Step Boots plus Vaal Grace i have max spellblock

wouldnt this be enough for doin ueber Atziri?

best regards Callmax

EDIT:
Im currently playing a lvl88 Lvl28 Ca Ranger in Talismanleague, i could only test normal Atziri Runs right now cause i dont have any Mortals... did 7 atziri runs in a row all deathless....
CA Tooltip is about 32k Chaosdmg...

after transfer to std. ill be using this gear with my lvl97 Scion...
that would give me even more DMG than now...
just that you get some numbers in order to "maybe" tell if this will be enough to kill ueber

Glad you are enjoying it!

Absolutely. Your damage is enough to do Atziri. Atziri is just a knowledge check. Know the fight, play well and meet the dps requirement for the add phase. More damage makes it easier, but you should be fine.

For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Im following this build very closely grocery, I am so hyped for Friday 3pm my time to get rolling on perandus league with this build.

Wish I understood more about ascendancys and how you get points and such but sure ill pick that up quick.

Sad you did not respond to my PM about crafting +3 bow, the feels are real :(

I crafted my bow using a reddit thread guide. Quick google should find it. I don't remember the exact process.

Ascendancy points are gained through the labyrinth!

Well thanks, there are 3-4 different "methods" and the one I want for ENDGAME is probably the most expensive but that's fine. Obviously won't be the first few weeks but we will see.

Ty for the build guide thusfar. I am thinking of doing deadeye/trickster but we will see!

I'll try and find it later today and get back to you.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Pierce confirmed to have a 29% more damage modifier on it at level 20. Now is used in place of slower proj!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
callmax wrote:
Man Grocery you're awesome... Big THX for that Build Idea... thought my LvL97 Scion would be useless after Patch...

Going Raider/Deadeye

And i took Phase Acro and im wearing Atziri Step Boots plus Vaal Grace i have max spellblock

best regards Callmax

EDIT:
Im currently playing a lvl88 Lvl28 Ca Ranger in Talismanleague, i could only test normal Atziri Runs right now cause i dont have any Mortals... did 7 atziri runs in a row all deathless....

just that you get some numbers in order to "maybe" tell if this will be enough to kill ueber

Absolutely. Your damage is enough to do Atziri. Atziri is just a knowledge check. Know the fight, play well and meet the dps requirement for the add phase. More damage makes it easier, but you should be fine.

TY for your answer and im glad to hear that...
so after my stuff got transfered last night i could start preparing...
and it seems that it will be this setup:

Spoiler

and got my first ueberset:
Spoiler

what chest would you use Coil or Carcass?

... oh and i have to lvl a pierce gem, i see... and btw wishing you good luck and RNG in Perandus League and subbed at YT and followed you on twitch actually...

Best Regards Callmax

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1594986

Last post by nick42, that's what I want to do end game for the bow crafting. Couple more exalts but worth it for sure for me.

I was curious about 6l setup for curse on hit. First off, is frenzy even a big deal? From the little I understood of build (which is only a bit since I haven't done CA ever) clouds do not stack on mobs, so attack speed is almost negligible. I love frenzy and frenzy charges on some builds but between passive points for charges and frenzy to curse on hit is it really worth it or am I missing something?

I know frenzy is used mainly for vulnerability which I did not understand at all since we do no physical damage until I remembered vulnerability was changed to include damage over time. So curse on hit + frenzy + gmp + vulnerability I can see being good.

My question is do you think it would be better to run Frenzy curse on hit setup in a 4 link and maybe buff cwdt/golem setup with more? Throw in maybe GMP + arctic breath or something like that.

Just curious what you think

Also now that we use pierce gem and have deadeye it will be extremely easy to get 100% pierce chance so I would assume getting a corrupted drillneck with + additional arrow would be BiS? or would a different quiver be BiS now that we don't need any more pierce chance?

Sorry for the 100 questions, just want to hammer out the last details of my build before league starts later today, I like having my gameplan all planned out :)

7 1/2 hours left to go... HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Mar 4, 2016, 7:22:41 AM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1594986

Last post by nick42, that's what I want to do end game for the bow crafting. Couple more exalts but worth it for sure for me.

I was curious about 6l setup for curse on hit. First off, is frenzy even a big deal? From the little I understood of build (which is only a bit since I haven't done CA ever) clouds do not stack on mobs, so attack speed is almost negligible. I love frenzy and frenzy charges on some builds but between passive points for charges and frenzy to curse on hit is it really worth it or am I missing something?

I know frenzy is used mainly for vulnerability which I did not understand at all since we do no physical damage until I remembered vulnerability was changed to include damage over time. So curse on hit + frenzy + gmp + vulnerability I can see being good.

My question is do you think it would be better to run Frenzy curse on hit setup in a 4 link and maybe buff cwdt/golem setup with more? Throw in maybe GMP + arctic breath or something like that.

Just curious what you think

Also now that we use pierce gem and have deadeye it will be extremely easy to get 100% pierce chance so I would assume getting a corrupted drillneck with + additional arrow would be BiS? or would a different quiver be BiS now that we don't need any more pierce chance?

Sorry for the 100 questions, just want to hammer out the last details of my build before league starts later today, I like having my gameplan all planned out :)

7 1/2 hours left to go... HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Frenzy gives you 4% MORE multiplicative damage per frenzy charge. It is fantastic and works with cloud damage. I will be updating the guide to CoH, Frenzy, GMP, Vuln. If you want to 4 link it. 5 link would include Chain unless you have 100% pierce.

CWDT is a must. I am adding that in today. We will want CWDT + Immo call for sure.

Drillneck is still BiS. 100% pierce is awesome. With deadeye we also get +1 projectile. So a third would be nice.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
callmax wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
callmax wrote:

Going Raider/Deadeye

best regards Callmax

EDIT:

TY for your answer and im glad to hear that...
so after my stuff got transfered last night i could start preparing...
and it seems that it will be this setup:

Spoiler

and got my first ueberset:
Spoiler

what chest would you use Coil or Carcass?

... oh and i have to lvl a pierce gem, i see... and btw wishing you good luck and RNG in Perandus League and subbed at YT and followed you on twitch actually...

Best Regards Callmax

GOOD LUCK! Lookin good!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Posting the 2.2 tree in a few hours!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
So build going pretty good so far, not very much damage for chaos/dmg over time on tree at all, so most everything comes from the levels and the gear. Which is fine, just a bit tough early on :)

I knew CA would be a bit tricky to level with and its still going decent so far. Level 44 and on End of act 1 cruel.

I finally got a 3 link, and put in conc effect and almost had a heart attack when tooltip damage did not change at all! It is only level 3 right now but im assuming it just don't effect tooltip numbers because I seem to be doing a lot more damage.
If I remember correctly, increases to "area damage", including tree nodes, jewels and the like, are not shown in CA tooltip, but do work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info