[2.5] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Scion! HC Viable!

"
cjbLazin wrote:
Definately going with your build. I wanna level up another Scion and hopefuly the cloud will do enought dps for those beyond freaks.

It should. With the essences remaining in game, the increased chaos damage rings willhelp a ton!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
so what would you pick ? ranger Deadeye or Scion and how you fix the pierce rate ?
NEW BOW is OPOP
"
FlatSpin wrote:
so what would you pick ? ranger Deadeye or Scion and how you fix the pierce rate ?

I am doing this on BSC atm. I intend to use a drillneck/pierce quiver 10%, Deadeye 30%, Pierce nodes 40%-5-% depending on what you choose.

That puts us at 90%. You can then yuse poacher's aim.

That being said, I am thinking of dropping the pierce nodes and and just using pierce gem. This frees up 3-4 points.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey guys, how abou Deadeye / Slayer?

Culling strike + 30% increased damage against rare and unique monsters.
Hi, I wanna ask how much would you value a bow with 750 chaos dps on hit for 10 sec (Essence of Delirium)? Is it better than a bow with +2 but worse than +3 or even better than +3 because it seems like it equals 8-9 levels of Caustic Arrow.
I have a similar build and got very lucky with a 6L relatively early. My issue is that I can't sustain the mana even with essence sap and clarity. Any idea on what I should go for? I was thinking of mana gained on hit jewels (with 2dmg prop) to try and help..
Hey, i wanna say big thanks for the guide. I've been playing this build in BHC and got my guy up to 89 so far and gotta say i love it.

Changes from original build
I made a few tweaks in gear and decided that i wanted to pick up phase acro and go without some of the jewel slots for the added safety. I also went with Queen of the forest as we naturally get quite a lot of evasion on the tree/ascendency and movespeed rocks - especially combined with quartz flask. I sit at 78% flat MS and with my jade flask of reflexes takes that goes up to 110+. Also, i use blooddance boots to keep gameplay relaxed but i also have a curse on hit setup for bosses and keeping vulnerability up. I also picked up devotos as it fits well into out build and gives us the extra phys miti

Bow review
I've been playing with lv20 caustic arrow + lv3 empower and + 3 bow since i started maps so can't comment on play without it but the build is absouletly great for clearing maps. I used silverbough till i got one as it has a +1 all and +1 bow.

Strengths
Clearspeed clearspeed clearspeed - really amazing especially with MS.
Lots of survivability - high regen with bloodance + 6 frenzy charges, MS helps and the perma fortify
Breaches - this build really shines in breaches where you can lay down your caustic carpet and all the spawning mobs just melt.
Party play - This build also plays nice in parties and still keeps it's clearspeed strength but the slow boss killing really shows here so you probably want to team up with someone with a good single target.

Weaknesses
The build struggles on single target and you will notice killing bosses is rather slow. This isn't a huge problem as they do die eventually but can be frustrating compared to clearspeed of the rest of the map.

DISCLAIMER: i generally play T9-11 maps and haven't gone hihger than this so can't speak about survivability beyond this point.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAABeAdwFLQW1Bx4M8g2NDkgRLxGWE20UCRR1Fr8Y2xmOI_YmiCaVKlsrCiyULiMwcTB8NZI2PTpCOuFDMUd-SVFKfUt4TP9Nkk3jTipRR1LsWhpbr1xAXfJfOWHiYhdirGVNa9RsjG87dO11nnXLdoJ343gNeu971H11gl6ElITZh3aHy4lxivCNfY1-jb-P-pAKk5mVLpstnaqjiqXLplenm6luqs2wq7TFtNG1SLXytzC3truevTa-p8AawuzDM8SCyAzLvc8V037UI9i92sHdqOOf5oHqYutj7FzuDu968NXyRfzF_gr-j_66

Oh and definately pick up the caustic arrow MTX. it really helps to identify where you have caustic cloud up and when to lay it down
Its a duelist guide now?
"
Millenia wrote:
Its a duelist guide now?

I actually posted in reply to the wrong thread. There is a duelist version of this build which I've been playing. That's also HC viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info