[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I haven't got my hands on one yet, but thoughts on using Sulphur Flasks? Maybe room for 1 or 2 to up damage on higher tier maps.
"
yongsoo wrote:
What subclasses and set up do we use for this build?

There's only one subclass for Scion.

You take Deadeye/Occultist.

Shadow (if you're in HC) is discussed in the Shadow tree.

"
I haven't got my hands on one yet, but thoughts on using Sulphur Flasks? Maybe room for 1 or 2 to up damage on higher tier maps

Shouldn't be necessary, but they're helpful while levelling for sure.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Is Carcass Jack still necessary or we can replace it with a good resistance body armor now?
Thanks,
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
Is Carcass Jack still necessary or we can replace it with a good resistance body armor now?
Thanks,

Carcass is still BiS. But it's never been a requirement.
Hi, ty for build. Q. about farshot: which distance counts - between player and hit's target in shot moment or between player&cloud in every moment?
"
Sunshine80 wrote:
Hi, ty for build. Q. about farshot: which distance counts - between player and hit's target in shot moment or between player&cloud in every moment?

Target and the origin of the shot.

So if X is you, Y is your target, and Z is your new position after moving:

X______Z_______Y

The damage will scale based on the relationship between X & Y.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Sunshine80 wrote:

X______Z_______Y

Then idk, if u have very wide screen, ranger would be better. U get aoe, fast&deadly node, more dmg...
"
Sunshine80 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Sunshine80 wrote:

X______Z_______Y

Then idk, if u have very wide screen, ranger would be better. U get aoe, fast&deadly node, more dmg...

There's a difference between the way Ranger's Far Shot, and Scion's Far Shot (which is part of the Deadeye Scion) is worded:

Ranger: Projectile attacks (aka, "projectile attack damage", which does NOT scale CA ground damage)
Scion: Projectiles (any projectile, aka "projectile damage," which scales CA ground damage).

This means that Ranger is inefficient because to get to Endless Munitions, you need to go through Far Shot, which does not scale the CA cloud damage in the Ranger version of Deadeye.

Hence, Scion. -15% chaos res to cursed enemies = multiplicative damage boost, AoE from +arrow, 30% increased damage, etc.

Ranger only gives you +arrow and 30% increased damage.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 7, 2016, 3:41:17 AM
Any tips on how to craft +3 bow?

Also what base type of jewels i should start to craft jewels? Got some crimsons.

"
Moksu wrote:
Any tips on how to craft +3 bow?

Also what base type of jewels i should start to craft jewels? Got some crimsons.

First is covered in FAQ

Crimsons are your best bet. Reasons why are covered in the nested spoiler under 2.2 Scion Tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info