[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Poacher Aim Uniq Jewel useless after Deadeye - pierce chance already 100%
"
saxisa wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before- but I'm missing a frenzy charge somewhere I think... only have 6, where before ascendancy I had 7 (pretty sure anyway).

Did we lose one or am I just missing something?

Looks like you only had 6 before Ascendancy.

3 base
3 from tree

Meaning you're missing the frenzy charge from Merciless Kraityn, which would have been the case in 2.1 as well.

"
iSlowpoke wrote:
Poacher Aim Uniq Jewel useless after Deadeye - pierce chance already 100%

I mentioned this a few pages back.

If you're referring to the fact that the jewel is still in the gear section: Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It is now removed.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 6, 2016, 7:38:58 AM
Hey Serleth,how fucked am I when i started this build as a ranger instead of Scion. Since I don't get 100% pierce from the tree. Can I just get the pierce gem and drop increased AoE, since I get AoE in the Deadeye Ascendancy? Will I get to around the same clear speed or should I reroll? Also if I want to put IIR in my 5link, what should I drop?
EDIT: Also why do you take so many mana passives on the tree, I never have mana problems

Thanks for making this guide.
Last edited by IronCrown on Mar 6, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
I have been trying to play this build in new league.
Does anyone feel squishy when doing just merci dried lake? everything hits so hard.
"
Moksu wrote:
Does anyone feel squishy when doing just merci dried lake? everything hits so hard.

Not really, I was just facerolling through merci lake with a 5L.
"
Moksu wrote:

Mobility is the key. Use your Blink Arrow. You aren't supposed to stand still.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before- but I'm missing a frenzy charge somewhere I think... only have 6, where before ascendancy I had 7 (pretty sure anyway).

Did we lose one or am I just missing something?

Looks like you only had 6 before Ascendancy.

3 base
3 from tree

Meaning you're missing the frenzy charge from Merciless Kraityn, which would have been the case in 2.1 as well.

Ah right that's it. Thanks!
"
IronCrown wrote:
Hey Serleth,how fucked am I when i started this build as a ranger instead of Scion. Since I don't get 100% pierce from the tree. Can I just get the pierce gem and drop increased AoE, since I get AoE in the Deadeye Ascendancy? Will I get to around the same clear speed or should I reroll? Also if I want to put IIR in my 5link, what should I drop?
EDIT: Also why do you take so many mana passives on the tree, I never have mana problems

Thanks for making this guide.

You'll be fine.

You'll get 40%-50% from the tree, 10% from Drillneck, and if you pick up Powerful Precision in the Deadeye class, you'll have your AoE coverage from Endless Munitions and 100% pierce chance at close range with Powerful Precision. At mid range you'll cover the other 40-50%, which is where you'll be doing most of your fighting.

Just keep in mind I don't think that the notable's pierce chance will show up on your tooltip damage with Drillneck, since it scales based on distance.

So you're not fucked by taking Ranger, it's just not optimal given that you get the -15% chaos res on cursed enemies from Scion, but it's completely doable from Ranger.

Your clear speed will be lower compared to the Scion, when Scion curses enemies but for the most part you won't notice the difference except on bosses. So it's up to you whether you feel like rerolling.

In a 5L (with Endless Munitions) you would normally run CA - Void - Rapid - Conc - Slower Proj / Empower for your damage. So that last one is the one you drop (Slower Proj) to run IIR.

The mana passives are largely there for stats (intelligence requirements) and to make life easier for newer players. That, and for reduced recovery maps, Soul Siphon is just absolutely gorgeous to have.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 6, 2016, 6:03:20 PM
Well on the way in Perandus... IIR gear seems to be much more common, at least for me, this time around.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
What subclasses and set up do we use for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info