[2.3 Video Guide] Dual Spark Crit Totems Ascendant/Inquisitor [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
islay wrote:
Whats the best Asendancy mods to get for this ? currently using a + 2 spark projectiles, "i know theres a + 3" but is the damage/speed mod better?

This is a very interesting question.

There are 3 options. Of those, the increased speed looks the worst (correct me if i am wrong), so i am not considering that one.

The other 2 options, +3 projectiles and 40% increased damage, look very good. I have no in depth knowledge of damage or spark mechanics, and those play a large role in deciding what the best option is. If the 40% increase is a separate multiplier, that is a straight 40% damage bonus. That is pretty insane.

On the 40%:
If the 40% increase is a separate multiplier, that is a straight 40% damage bonus. That is pretty insane. If it is added to other existing mutipliers, it might be less of an increase. For example, going from 200% to 240% is in practice only a 20% increase. Not sure on average how much multiplier in this category this build has, if it is indeed additive multiplier.

On the extra sparks:
Unless you get your spark to lvl 25, you probably have 6 projectiles per cast. Getting +3 projectiles is a 50% increase in sparks! But if i read the spark page, it says that a single cast of spark can only hit once every 0.3 seconds. So if we already pretty close to that 3 hits per second per cast, adding extra projectiles will be less effective.

Verdict:
I suspect that the damage bonus is an additive multiplier, but that the multiplier that it is added to is pretty empty, since the sources to fill it are mainly equipment/ascendancy bonuses. The 40% will thus likely be very good.
On the projectile side the limit of 3 hits per seconds will likely severely limit the usefulness of the extra projectiles. While +3 projectiles sounds like 50% damage increase, it probably isnt.
My choice thus would be to try and find that 40% damage increase. However, there are a whooping 719 possible enchantments for helms. Start running those merc labs...

Anyone with hands on experience with the enchantments or more knowledge about spark?

Edit: On some more research, the higher tier enchants (+3/40%) dont exist, except for datamining. You have to settle for 25% damage or +2 projectiles
Last edited by osiwm on Mar 23, 2016, 6:17:29 AM
"
RaPsKa wrote:
Hey nerd thanks for the build. Lets talk about HC. any tips or ideas about making this build tankier? thanks

Your best hope would be stone of lazhwar corrupted with 3% block (4% waaaay too expensive) + rainbowstride + rathpith globe and take the witch spell block nodes, and get a Haku suffix of +2% block on gloves, and try to find totem resist (good lord these things are necessary vs. perandus packs) + life + shield block jewels, and grab the scion block nodes instead of the proj dmg for intuitive leap. It won't make you a whole world tankier, but it'll give you *something*. We're talking like 34% block for attacks, and around 45%ish for spells. If you have a Rumi's, you might cap out the spell block and take your regular block to mid 50s, which should keep you fairly safe.

Edit: you might also try and fit tempest shield in there instead of increased duration on vaal discipline just for the 3% block.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Mar 22, 2016, 1:46:57 PM
"
astrolab2000 wrote:
Thank you very much, LiftingNerdBro for this other very nice detailed guide.

I have just one question. Even if both classes are good (Inquisitor, and scion DEA-OCC) for this build, I would like very much that you share with us your thoughts about which one you to prefer personally and why.

Thank you

He has responded to this in the video guide. Quoting him:

My pleasure mate!

It's a tough choice. I would consider both equally strong, but for simplicity sake and to ease leveling I would probably go inquisitor :)

The deadeye/occultist combo is just so very tempting as well.
What do you think about Winds of Change Ancient Gauntlets, is it good choice? Winds of Change works with totems??
Well, took this build to 92. Turned it into an IIR farmer at 199 with Anvarius, Aurseize, and some other IIR scattered about with 4.2k HP. I have to admit, it acquits itself well outside of single target. DPS is around 13k on the totems and around 4k on the vaal spark using a pretty decent caster dagger.

Obviously, doesn't hit as high a ceiling as something like a 6L Voltaxic LA, but can still do most mid-tier maps comfortably aside from places with obscene bosses (E.G. Crematorium oh god).

So yeah. Good budget build for a first character. Used this thing to farm 17 ex and counting.

Edit: that said, tried Wasteland Voll and...13k spark totems? Can't make a dent.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Mar 23, 2016, 1:11:30 PM
"
pat1441 wrote:
What do you think about Winds of Change Ancient Gauntlets, is it good choice? Winds of Change works with totems??

I prefer the crit from Maligaros, but Winds of change is a decent alternative if you prefer.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
"
pat1441 wrote:

I prefer the crit from Maligaros, but Winds of change is a decent alternative if you prefer.

Out of interest, lifting, why maligaro's instead of voidbringers? The mana cost for the totems doesn't seem to be so obscene that you can't just eat the 80% increase.
Good build!

(1) Has anyone considered using culling strike as the 6th gem in a 6L? It provides +30~ish% increased dmg, and culls mobs with <10% life. If 20% quality, it gives 10% increased cast speed.

(2) maybe switch arctic armor with herald of ice or sth else for more dmg, since I am constantly moving
BTW, would like to report:

This build can do Village Ruin bosses. At least at 92. God, that damn rooster hurts like a bitch because of how small that room is. Hard to maneuver. Totems on the other hand just neuter Gnar.

Still, it takes a WHILE for any tough target to go down. AKA Wasteland Voll will just laugh at your 15k damage totems.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Mar 24, 2016, 3:21:02 AM
Hey M8

One question can you maby tell/link your flasks?

Im lvl 63 whit this build now and getting prety nice bye now:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info