[2.3 Video Guide] Dual Spark Crit Totems Ascendant/Inquisitor [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

So what about empower max level in the 6 L setup?
IGN: | Default : ConnardLeBarbant
Trade list : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/103919/page/1
I was wondering if someone could explain why taking occultist is better than say elementalist or hierophlant?
"
FireTako wrote:
Rarity: Rare
Soul Pause
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
+17% to Critical Strike Multiplier with One Handed Melee Weapons
16% increased Shock Duration on Enemies
2% chance to Shock
+11% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

would the crit part of this work with this build if im using a dagger?

No. That's a crit multi on the weapon.
"
drubael wrote:
So what about empower max level in the 6 L setup?

No idea honestly - I don't have one of those laying around =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
dracknight wrote:
I was wondering if someone could explain why taking occultist is better than say elementalist?

Because we do not have a lightning golem... yet. Little good would 30% incr. fire damage do us. ;)
Has anyone tried using Victario's Acuity? For some reason the charges dont seem to get triggered. Anyone know why? Sorry im noobish
Wtats the best Asendancy mods to get for this ? currently using a + 2 spark projectiles, "i know theres a + 3" but is the damage/speed mod better
?

Also im wondering what mods to look for for gloves and boots ?
"
tomay wrote:
"
dracknight wrote:
I was wondering if someone could explain why taking occultist is better than say elementalist?

Because we do not have a lightning golem... yet. Little good would 30% incr. fire damage do us. ;)

Ahh yea, the lightning golem will be interesting! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hey nerd thanks for the build. Lets talk about HC. any tips or ideas about making this build tankier? thanks
Hey Lift,

Thanks for this guide! I started 2 months ago and used this for the perandus league, and so far i am very happy with it. I especially like the totem build for the ability to drop two totems and then spend the next few seconds dodging attacks and learning the attack patterns of everything in the game.

I have two questions/comments.

First of all, on the mind over matter/eldritch battery combo. You basically apply only 30% of your energy shield on hit taken, and you use up your energy shield instead of mana. The upside of this is that you can reserve all your mana for aura's. So to summarize:
Pros:
+Mana (ES) regenerates fast, no need for mana pots
+Arctic armour and Herald of thunder because you can reserve 100% mana
Cons:
-Less tanky, since you only apply 30% of ES per hit, and also consume your ES as mana
-Taking MoM and EB costs you 4 passives

To add to this, i find Arctic armour very underwhelming (you should never be standing still) and Herald of thunder lacking too. The Herald of thunder doesnt trigger on totem kills, so only 15% lightning damage from quality and a flat 19-76 bonus are you're benefits.

Am i very strange i my choice to unspec these again, using only Wrath and mana pots? The 4 passives that you get back should balance out some of the damage loss of not having Herald of Thunder, and having full ES plays a lot safer.

The second question relates to the Occultist ascendancy passive. It gives a bonus to ES (nice), a -15% chaos res (we dont need that) and 20% damage increase on killing a cursed enemy (nice, but does it work?). Since your totems do the killing, is the 20% damage increase ever occurring? Or is this passive only useful for the ES benefits? If so, im seriously considering respecing into something else, such as inquisitor or hierophant. Any opinion on this?

Thanks again for a great guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info