Why is it that players who dont play standard

"
Turbodevil wrote:
Also lol at posters here...

So I like to start fresh and try out new builds. I don't get overly attached to character I played for 3 months.

I'm apparently immature o_O

They're talkin about those that trash it as "dumpster"
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Why are people responding to a threat that firstly has a shit negative premise.

And is then self-bumped in the hopes of some fish?

First two post's made me lol, all the rest made me facepalm.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Now I feel trollbaited.

Sry :(
Not a signature.
No mention of SC vs HC yet. Not at all was lost.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Don't know why people are calling maturity into who-plays-what league.
That's just childish. ;)
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Also lol at posters here...

So I like to start fresh and try out new builds. I don't get overly attached to character I played for 3 months.

I'm apparently immature o_O

No. But if you then make claims about standard such as it having a bad economy (gear is actually cheaper on standard), or that it is a 'dumpster' league (the league with the best items and best equiped characters is a dumpster? Lol), or that 'no one plays standard' (outside the first few weeks of leagues it is the most popular) then yes I would say you are immature. Constant bashing of standard is bad enough. The fact that the majority of things said about standard are just flat out wrong is what makes me question their critical thinking and maturity.

There are other incorrect things that league players are prone to say. One I had just heard in this thread is 'leagues are more rewarding'. Lets work through why this statement isn't well thought out: Imagine moving to a new town, finding a job, and saving money in a bank. Then 3 months later you move again, find a new job, and open a new bank account to save money in. You don't use the money you have previously earned, instead you willingly pretend it doesn't exist. You never get to go on vacations, you never get to buy nice things. Where is the reward in that?

Is starting over repeatedly more challenging? Yes.

Is starting over repeatedly more fun? Depends, that is a matter of opinion.

Is starting over more rewarding? No, it isn't. The opposite is true.

Most importantly though, does starting over repeatedly make a person akin to a hamster spinning in a hamster wheel? Yes, it does.

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 8, 2016, 2:42:34 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Why are people responding to a threat that firstly has a shit negative premise.

And is then self-bumped in the hopes of some fish?

First two post's made me lol, all the rest made me facepalm.

Peace,

-Boem-

Well Mister fancy pants , this inst reddit or something where your snippy no liners get upvotes.

shit negative premise you say?

Every one can see the number of threads on a semi daily basis asking for a change in the trade system/ asking for the implementation of asynchronous trading . And in Every single one of those threads you have people like You making posts just to beat on the Original Posters.

you have the naysayers and fear mongering fanatics proclaiming all matter of cockamamie bull shit about " NO AH EVER" these are the same people who don't want to play standard , beat on it as its economy sucks and they don't want GGG to do anything which fixes it and at the same time they wont play on it to increase the trade scene.

I just don't understand the logic behind these fanatics who go on and on about bot's RMT, Flippers ... they are there in every fucking game, every league , There is nothing that implementing trade system will change what they are already doing. Why punish people who cant no-life and sit 24/7 in the game hoping for some trade that may or may not happen ../

Surprisingly enough a lot of the recent threads some very very good solutions like "CAPTCHA " for async trade systems to prevent bot's seems to be the most promising solution yet.

Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
Have loud opinions about what not to do with it?

Like not have offline trading / 1click buyout.

Only way the economy on standard would improve without any trade system is when there are a LOT more players and the trade scene is active.

People play leagues because of the fresh economy at the same time you dont admit you want a fresh economy because standard economy is broken..

You don't want to fix standard's economy nor do you want to play in it.

I don't understand this mentality.

Because you're not the one who gives the right to speak?

Trade system revamp must be working for all leagues, not only Standard. Cuz, you know, developing stuff costs money.

And if you think that instant-AH would solve Standard's problems (I don't find Standard's economy broken - just different, by the way), I'd say you are very naive. :P It would make it even harder for casuals, and even easier for hardcore flipers and trade-Gods of Standard.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 8, 2016, 2:44:01 AM
"
Zinja wrote:

Spoiler
Well Mister fancy pants , this inst reddit or something where your snippy no liners get upvotes.

shit negative premise you say?

Every one can see the number of threads on a semi daily basis asking for a change in the trade system/ asking for the implementation of asynchronous trading . And in Every single one of those threads you have people like You making posts just to beat on the Original Posters.

you have the naysayers and fear mongering fanatics proclaiming all matter of cockamamie bull shit about " NO AH EVER" these are the same people who don't want to play standard , beat on it as its economy sucks and they don't want GGG to do anything which fixes it and at the same time they wont play on it to increase the trade scene.

I just don't understand the logic behind these fanatics who go on and on about bot's RMT, Flippers ... they are there in every fucking game, every league , There is nothing that implementing trade system will change what they are already doing. Why punish people who cant no-life and sit 24/7 in the game hoping for some trade that may or may not happen ../

Surprisingly enough a lot of the recent threads some very very good solutions like "CAPTCHA " for async trade systems to prevent bot's seems to be the most promising solution yet.

My one liners are reserved for threads without sustenance.

/tips hat

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Perq wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:
Have loud opinions about what not to do with it?

Like not have offline trading / 1click buyout.

Only way the economy on standard would improve without any trade system is when there are a LOT more players and the trade scene is active.

People play leagues because of the fresh economy at the same time you dont admit you want a fresh economy because standard economy is broken..

You don't want to fix standard's economy nor do you want to play in it.

I don't understand this mentality.

Because you're not the one who gives the right to speak?

Trade system revamp must be working for all leagues, not only Standard. Cuz, you know, developing stuff costs money.

And if you think that instant-AH would solve Standard's problems (I don't find Standard's economy broken - just different, by the way), I'd say you are very naive. :P It would make it even harder for casuals, and even easier for hardcore flipers and trade-Gods of Standard.

It would actually get rid of flippers to a large degree. The people sniping under priced items are currently using indexers, so no change with their ability to find deals one way or another. Middle man currency flippers would be a thing of the past as they would no longer save a normal player any time. Finally normal players could search for similar items and see what they were going for, so less people would under price their items to begin with.

The only scary thing for an AH is the possibility of groups of players getting together to manipulate prices, but that isn't really flipping.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info