Results from map farming ( currency drops ) ( 300 maps so far ) last update : 24.02.2016

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well the vendor recipe plays a big part in the high chaos number, i'm mad of myself for not tracking jeweler's and chaos orb drops separately from the orbs that i've got via the recipes ... the number of chaos orb drops is around 20 judging by the numbers from the spreadsheet ( i.e. it's most likely that 3 chaos orbs acquired from 1 run is actually 2 from the recipe and 1 actual drop ).
Guess you gotta start over. :p
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Don't do this to me man ... i'm already tempted :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Don't do this to me man ... i'm already tempted :P

Btw great job putting this together! It's very insightful.
I was telling my friend blessed are as rare or more so than gcps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
@Chrom
Thank you!

@Nephalim
Well they seem to be even more rare, because there are other ways of getting gcps besides drops ( vendor recipe, divination cards )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:

<snip useful info>

I might update the thread every say ... 50 maps ( if there is an interest ) though i will update the spreadsheet whenever i farm because as i said ... it actually helps me.

So yeah ... pretty much that's it ... have a nice day, good luck and happy grinding!

Thanks! This was helpful, it gives me a better idea of how long it will take to accumulate fusings. chaos orbs etc.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Feb 4, 2016, 4:29:52 PM
"
Chrom wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

I've found ZERO Exalted Orbs

The total value of the acquired currency equals around 7.5 exalts ( based on the ratios from 01.02.2016 though the average is closer to 7 ex per 100 runs while

The value may be nice and all, but in the end where/who's getting the raw exalted orbs to exchange for that value? It's pretty ridiculous to run 100 map and a single exalted drops...

I get them. I think on average I have dropped an exalt per 100-200 maps or so. I am lucky with those. I am unlucky with map drops, though. Personally, I would like it better if it was the other way round.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 4, 2016, 4:49:20 PM
This is interesting and pretty cool to think about. A real understanding of stuff would require a lot of separate tracking that I don't really expect you to do but as a scientist I can't not nitpick at em.

Mostly these 2 things.
1. There should be some sort of correction to the iiq/pack size/iir of them map.
2. Stuff from recipes should be tracked separately from stuff that's dropped.

Either way good job.

Also I get a kick out of all these posts starting with, "I did X amount of the thing, I know X isn't very much but here it is." Which shows people are at least trying to appreciate sample sizes, even if the amount they did is usually fine, and the number they're worried about isn't the number that matters.

Which brings us to data analysis by J33bus.

In the end what we're talking about here is a simple rate calculation, "I found x things in y maps." The error on any yes or no process is Sqrt(n) where n is the number of yeses. So if someone were to repeat your 100 maps they could expect to find 1255 alts +- 35 alts in total, which is only a 2% error on your mean, which is pretty good. (This is where the correction for map mods would come in to make it good data.) On the other hand we can't say much about anything but alts and jeweler's with confidence.
Thanks for doing this!

BTW, just curious if you kept track of the total number of div cards that dropped also.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
I hear you j33bus. I really wish that i've tracked the drop only from the drop + recipe numbers separately. As for the iir/iiq/pack size of the maps, they have a great impact indeed but there are many other variables when it comes to drops ( and clear speed ). Things like the actual map type, double bosses, more rare/magic monsters. In order to get a more "pure" results the best way would be to run the same map without any mods and with no IIR/IIQ from gear. Such a task is ... just not for me. But in the end i think that if someone is to repeat those 100 runs with new 100 maps and just uses 1 alch orb on each just like me it is safe to say that he would get the same average amount of iir/iiq/pack size on his maps.

@That_which_has_no_life
I was thinking about it but since i'm running different maps, different divination cards can drop and the drop rates of the different cards are also different, for example if i run Tropical Islands i would get much more maps compared to clearing Mines ( and i did many mines ).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 4, 2016, 5:19:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info