Results from map farming ( currency drops ) ( 300 maps so far ) last update : 24.02.2016

I saw vid recently about chaos/recipe being pointless and unid recipe being worst.
Are you still making .75 exalts ish per hour?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
More or less yes - 0.69 at the moment.
Can you link me the video?

EDIT: Let me calculate the difference between the ex per hour with just drops and with recipes and vendor sales.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 19, 2016, 5:34:20 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
More or less yes - 0.69 at the moment.
Can you link me the video?

EDIT: Let me calculate the difference between the ex per hour with just drops and with recipes and vendor sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5uAzRk00I

For your build it makes a lot of sense since you can offscreen very large packs.

I have a similar setup with 60 IIQ and I've been able to generate a very consistent stream of currency from just selling stacks lower orbs but the chaos/recipe is one thing im not really sure produces that much net currency mostly because regals are so worthless atm.

another thing to factor in is that vendoring reduces your exp/mind which translates to gem exp which is a form of passive currency as well.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 19, 2016, 5:37:54 PM
Ok so ex per hour with vendoring and recipe = 0.69 per hour
ex per hour from drops only = 0.28
Tha'ts more than twice as much with vendoring and recipe.
That's of course if the clear speed is the same or ~6 mins and 30 secs per run. Now even if i cut down the average clear time to ~2 mins and 30 secs per run i'd get the same results ... and that's an average clear speed that is simply impossible.
I guess the beast i can do is to cut down the clear time with 1/3 which will still result in much less ex per hour.

EDIT: i'll watch the video right away.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 19, 2016, 6:00:31 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ok so ex per hour with vendoring and recipe = 0.69 per hour
ex per hour from drops only = 0.28
Tha'ts more than twice as much with vendoring and recipe.
That's of course if the clear speed is the same or ~6 mins and 30 secs per run. Now even if i cut down the average clear time to ~2 mins and 30 secs per run i'd get the same results ... and that's an average clear speed that is simply impossible.
I guess the beast i can do is to cut down the clear time with 1/3 which will still result in much less ex per hour.

EDIT: i'll watch the video right away.

Interesting, does that mean hes completely wrong when he says chaos recipe is a noob trap?
 WOW, way, way too many statistics! PoE is supposed to be a free-to-play fun-to-play arpg. Only a statistics junkie would care what the currency orb drop rates per hour are. I personally would never want to know what my drop rates per hour are. That would just depress me knowing that my casual play style is so inefficient compared to the OP and all other top players. Good grief, this just ruins my desire to play if I know how bad I am. Please keep your map speed bragging to yourself, thank you.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
@Nephalim
Ok so i can't help it but to point out a few things.
First the main focus of the video is making currency in a new league and more specifically in the beginning of a new league. That involves the ability to sell bases ( which is hardly profitable later on and i won't even mention permanent leagues ), flipping currency.
As for the chaos recipe ... once again i see that people just don't know how to efficiently designate a single stash tab for the chaos recipe thus cutting down the time it takes to complete the recipe to 0.
Now from the gathered data you can clearly see that the chaos per run with the recipe and drops combined is pretty much 1 chaos per run ( to be precise it is 0.99 per map ) while the chaos per run from drops only is around 1 chaos per 5 maps ( to be precise it is 0.18 per map ) so to get the same amount of chaos orbs you need to do the map 5 times faster which of course is physically impossible.

Also i can't help it but to say that he's using a lot of IFs in his statements. Like "You should never do UnID recipe because even a shitty base amulet can be vaaled for +1 curse which is valuable" completely ignoring the chance to get a +1 curse roll and completely ignoring the amounts of wasted vaals until you actually get that +1 curse ... then again a crappy amulet with nothing else but +1 will never return the investments even if you find a buyer.
In the end his statements are not backed up by any data so i feel kind of skeptical. I must also point out that he mentioned that a lot of his currency was made via other means ( atziri, rigwald etc.)> Adding the flipping comments etc. it is clear that he doesn't make his currency from drops alone, also i can't tell from that video if he usually plays solo or in a party.

I must say that i find this comment:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Please keep your map speed bragging to yourself, thank you.

completely unnecessary, unprovoked and most of all unfair.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 19, 2016, 6:23:16 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 WOW, way, way too many statistics! PoE is supposed to be a free-to-play fun-to-play arpg. Only a statistics junkie would care what the currency orb drop rates per hour are. I personally would never want to know what my drop rates per hour are. That would just depress me knowing that my casual play style is so inefficient compared to the OP and all other top players. Good grief, this just ruins my desire to play if I know how bad I am. Please keep your map speed bragging to yourself, thank you.

How about this: don't read the thread. There are a bunch of people who find this thread interesting, and I am personally very interested in the OP's results. If you have a problem, keep it to yourself. This isn't a bragging thread, it is a reporting results thread. It's fucking insulting that you would come in here and demand people to not post things because it makes you sad for whatever dumbass reason.
"
KorgothBG wrote:

"
Arrowneous wrote:

Totally relevant to all non-elite players and/or anyone just wanting to play for fun and not give a rats ass that we're not the most efficient at playing PoE. All the stats (especially how many uniques dropped for him in 250 maps) compared to my paltry amounts is a mood killer (I already know how inefficient I am). All elites that are near the same map clearing speed as OP might find the stats interesting but lesser players not so much. Besides, GGG devs will see these posts and think it's time to ratchet up the difficulty factor again leaving the non-elites even worse off. I play for fun, period. If I die too much do to content difficulty because OP gives GGG the idea that PoE is too easy and ups the difficulty factor again then most of the fun goes out the window when I loose another 10% XP.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

"
Arrowneous wrote:

Totally relevant to all non-elite players and/or anyone just wanting to play for fun and not give a rats ass that we're not the most efficient at playing PoE. All the stats (especially how many uniques dropped for him in 250 maps) compared to my paltry amounts is a mood killer (I already know how inefficient I am). All elites that are near the same map clearing speed as OP might find the stats interesting but lesser players not so much. Besides, GGG devs will see these posts and think it's time to ratchet up the difficulty factor again leaving the non-elites even worse off. I play for fun, period. If I die too much do to content difficulty because OP gives GGG the idea that PoE is too easy and ups the difficulty factor again then most of the fun goes out the window when I loose another 10% XP.

Then ignore the thread and move on. Problem solved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info