Let me dispel some of your illusions about auction houses.

"
Splift wrote:
Sorry but my time is important to me.

Making me spend hours extra in trade situations because of the player having to be online and me having to party to trade (the only difference between .trade and auction house).

How does that add extra hours? What are you trading for that you must choose a seller who is offline? How long does it take to make a party? Sounds like you're choosing to make it take extra hours. Takes me minutes to make trades.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Splift wrote:

Making me spend hours extra in trade situations because of the player having to be online and me having to party to trade (the only difference between .trade and auction house).

Basically just adding(ok not adding but not removing) blank time sink because people might bot AH easier and rmt might be a bit more under demand?

Penalizing legit players to fight cheaters is a terrible concept.

That's a short sighted opinion.

Let's remember the D3 AH: You level a char and maybe buy 1-2 leveling weapons to speed up the process. Once you hit maxlevel (or a high enough level to wear endgame gear) you browse the AH for about 15 minutes and completely deck out your char with cheap AH stuff.

After that you have to wait for a jackpot drop, like a T1 unique in PoE. Nothing else sells for a decent price but after you found one you belong to the rich side.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

Basically just adding(ok not adding but not removing) blank time sink because people might bot AH easier and rmt might be a bit more under demand?

That's a short sighted opinion.

Let's remember the D3 AH: You level a char and maybe buy 1-2 leveling weapons to speed up the process. Once you hit maxlevel (or a high enough level to wear endgame gear) you browse the AH for about 15 minutes and completely deck out your char with cheap AH stuff.

After that you have to wait for a jackpot drop, like a T1 unique in PoE. Nothing else sells for a decent price but after you found one you belong to the rich side.

Frankly I see this as a good thing for the individual. People that are easily bored get to move on to something else. Not a good thing for game developer though.
"
Splift wrote:

NO, NO, and triple NO! Everyone listen and understand this once and for all, there will never be an AH here in PoE. GGG doesn't want it and most players don't want it (me included).

With that being said there is a way GGG can remake trading to be done without the need to take time to hunt down the seller and get him/her on-line to coduct a trade. It's called "asynchronous trade" and even Chris has stated several times that we're (GGG) looking at how that can be done. I've already posted the perfect way to implement it here so all GGG needs to do is code it. End of Trade Chat, hello Asynchronous Trade. End of problem.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Splift wrote:

Good point.

Any good AH (=more comfortable trade) is rly needed. To prevent abusing it just adding some delay before trade is done or CAPTCHA thing.

Anyway it doesnt solve the problem with economy which is called inflation but items loosing their durability (while using) to death might rly work.

HC leagues work in similar way (items from dead chars are moved to standard league)
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 7, 2016, 8:06:23 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

NO, NO, and triple NO! Everyone listen and understand this once and for all, there will never be an AH here in PoE. GGG doesn't want it and most players don't want it (me included).

With that being said there is a way GGG can remake trading to be done without the need to take time to hunt down the seller and get him/her on-line to coduct a trade. It's called "asynchronous trade" and even Chris has stated several times that we're (GGG) looking at how that can be done. I've already posted the perfect way to implement it here so all GGG needs to do is code it. End of Trade Chat, hello Asynchronous Trade. End of problem.

We already have an Auction House , it's just not called an AUCTION HOUSE it's called POE trade you dumbo .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

We already have an Auction House , it's just not called an AUCTION HOUSE it's called POE trade you dumbo .
If people really believed that poe.trade is an auction house, we wouldn't see people asking for one. The people wanting an auction house don't want the marketplace that is poe.trade. They want something that has automatic buyouts where with the click of a button an item can be in their inventory.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Frankly I agree with the OP. An auction house wouldn't work in the game, both for the previously stated reasons and even lore wise. Wraeclast is a place where people are exiled to for crimes real or fictional. There is no official government there anymore to enforce the complex rules that an auction house would require, let alone make sure it doesn't get robbed or destroyed. Combine that with how most exiles are isolated from each other, and the current market dependency on trading rather than coinage, it becomes clear that an auction house wouldn't make sense. Out of game they would need to either give everything a set base value that will not change or convert it to using a coinage system, like how gold is used in other rpgs. In game it is impossible without some system in place to ensure the rules are followed.
Last edited by Soluis on Feb 7, 2016, 4:56:18 PM
"
Splift wrote:
then don't play the game. see ? I just saved you some time.

try to understand the impact of an instant buyout and what this would do to the game first.
"
Rakiii wrote:

To prevent abusing it just adding some delay before trade is done or CAPTCHA thing.
thats not good enough. 'some delay' doesnt make a huge difference. a 5 second delay is better than a millisecond delay, but is still negligible with automation scripts

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info