THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
Well, these changes sure throw a wrench in my plans.

Well, i'm a tard when it comes to crunching numbers, but i took the fast road and migrated the scion LL build to the mara-berserker starting point. Final damage went up quite a lot, about 50% more damage with same gear and jewels than the scion build.

Even only 1% global leech from berserker will probabily be enough to recover from some heavy damage
About the loss of fortify, i happened to have a 6 link GGGRRR shavronne, so i socketed in

molten strike - lightning strike - faster atk - multistrike - GMP - fortify

So now i have perma fortify from the gem instead of the champion ascendant. Overall, this could be quite a buff to the build, but will ultimately depends on the older guys here with more experience to come up with an efficient change.
I'm going to have to do some real heavy calculations and the like for my Kingsguard, life variant of this build and use the Mara as a base. Juggernaut with its changes could turn out to be really insane, and using that and getting the 'Cannot be Stunned' notable means no 'Unwavering Stance' is needed. Hmmmmmmm...definitely gonna have to think this one over.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
I'm going to have to do some real heavy calculations and the like for my Kingsguard, life variant of this build and use the Mara as a base. Juggernaut with its changes could turn out to be really insane, and using that and getting the 'Cannot be Stunned' notable means no 'Unwavering Stance' is needed. Hmmmmmmm...definitely gonna have to think this one over.

Well, if you plan carefully, you get free unwavering stance and free +1 endurance charge, with max endurance everytime you would earn even one of them. Insane regen with kingsguard.

Berserker instead will get perma 1% global damage leeched, removing the need of a life leech gem, along with the infamous 40% more damage multiplier

Another worthwile option could be the now (over)buffed elementalist, with 50% less ele dmg reflected back, 25% aoe for 4 sec every 10 and +1 golem, along with buffs to the elemental damage matching the golem.

Overall, i'm quite satisfied with the berserker option. At the expense of some exalts to buy another lv4 enlighten, i came up with a quite hefty damage increase, from ~50k full discharge to almost 80k, with noobish equip, along with ele weakness or enfeeble as a second curse
Last edited by Evander1992 on May 26, 2016, 8:12:14 PM
That is all very true, and with the insane life regen from the charges you don't need the LL gem, or even run WLM as a curse. Plus, you're running life flasks, which are very nice...the only issue is that you can't run that many auras, but that's the tradeoff. However, running Juggernaut does bring some other benefits to it:

1. The new Endurance Charge generation as stated means that this variant will be regening life extremely rapidly, which negates the need for LL. That lets you run Controlled Destruction/Lightning Pen in the Mjolner, which is nice.

2. You can still run a CoH setup for your main attack and so you can use Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, or something else, which is also a plus. Not only that, but it cuts down on the mana usage of your main attack and you can get away not needing Blood Magic to fuel your attacks...even just a small amount of MGoH or mana regen will work out nicely.

3. You may not even need to run Resolute Technique with this variant. Getting that 1,000 accuracy, plus the accuracy from Romira's, and taking some accuracy clusters that you'll likely want to path through anyway for the other benefits they offer means that your hit percentage will be very high. Doing some rough, rough pathing on the skill tree, I could get about 100% increased accuracy, and with the Dex I pick up and other things on gear, my Accuracy Rating could very well get close to 3,500+.

4. Piggybacking off that last point, with the 1% IAS for every 100 Accuracy Rating, I could very well get 30%+ IAS, which might as well be the Haste aura, minus the movement speed. That's pretty insane when you think about it...pretty much a 'free' aura right there.

5. Without the need for the Unwavering Stance keystone, that means this build could even entertain the thought of a hybrid Eva/Armour setup with the Grace aura, or stack it up to all armour with Iron Reflexes, and not worry about being stunned. That can save path points along with not needing RT, so there is that to consider.

Granted, this variant won't beat out the Low Life ones, but it certainly has its pluses, and it's a bit easier to build and gear since you don't need to stack large amounts of ES and the like. You will have to account for extra Intelligence on gear for requirements, but once you meet those, you're golden.
With +1 endurance charge from the juggernaut ascendancy point, that build could reach with some effort a hefty 5 power / 7 endurance, for a whopping 700hp recovered every discharge.

If i'm getting the mechanics right, you have 50% chance to trigger a discharge when you hit with molten strike plus its balls... assuming an awful 6 aps with gmp that would be 48 chances to trigger discharge if all balls hit, so an average of 24 discharge with 700 healing potetial each. A monstrous amount of 16.4k life recovered per second. Even if actual number will be about 10k life recovered due to the large dispersion of molten strike projectiles.
Considering that an armor tanky build can achieve without much effort a good passive 200-250 hp/s, you can just forget about mana and go for blood magic gem for unlimited mana to spam freely movement skills along attack ones without worrying to run dry

That would mean basic invulnerability, as long as you don't get oneshotted.

I'm terribly unsure about the actual damage tho... endurance charge contribute a bit less than power charges to discharge total damage, so i doubt that having always a full stack of those with a full life build can overcome the triple more damage multiplier that the LL has access to.
And let'be honest, LL mjolners with 6 aura are visually gorgeous. Dat double bubble with discipline and maligaro retraint :D

Btw Tanakeah, about your 4 point, with the 2 more ascendancy points we get you can take the movement speed node of juggernaut and have a nice "cannot be slowed below base speed" addon, and just spend 2 passive point for normal unwavering. So you will have also the movement speed component of the free haste
Last edited by Evander1992 on May 27, 2016, 12:08:50 AM
"
Tanakeah wrote:
That is all very true, and with the insane life regen from the charges you don't need the LL gem, or even run WLM as a curse. Plus, you're running life flasks, which are very nice...the only issue is that you can't run that many auras, but that's the tradeoff. However, running Juggernaut does bring some other benefits to it:

1. The new Endurance Charge generation as stated means that this variant will be regening life extremely rapidly, which negates the need for LL. That lets you run Controlled Destruction/Lightning Pen in the Mjolner, which is nice.

2. You can still run a CoH setup for your main attack and so you can use Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, or something else, which is also a plus. Not only that, but it cuts down on the mana usage of your main attack and you can get away not needing Blood Magic to fuel your attacks...even just a small amount of MGoH or mana regen will work out nicely.

3. You may not even need to run Resolute Technique with this variant. Getting that 1,000 accuracy, plus the accuracy from Romira's, and taking some accuracy clusters that you'll likely want to path through anyway for the other benefits they offer means that your hit percentage will be very high. Doing some rough, rough pathing on the skill tree, I could get about 100% increased accuracy, and with the Dex I pick up and other things on gear, my Accuracy Rating could very well get close to 3,500+.

4. Piggybacking off that last point, with the 1% IAS for every 100 Accuracy Rating, I could very well get 30%+ IAS, which might as well be the Haste aura, minus the movement speed. That's pretty insane when you think about it...pretty much a 'free' aura right there.

5. Without the need for the Unwavering Stance keystone, that means this build could even entertain the thought of a hybrid Eva/Armour setup with the Grace aura, or stack it up to all armour with Iron Reflexes, and not worry about being stunned. That can save path points along with not needing RT, so there is that to consider.

Granted, this variant won't beat out the Low Life ones, but it certainly has its pluses, and it's a bit easier to build and gear since you don't need to stack large amounts of ES and the like. You will have to account for extra Intelligence on gear for requirements, but once you meet those, you're golden.

This is an interesting concept indeed. Personally, I feel it could make an interesting FIRE Rainbownuke Based Build. Basically, you go all in on the Fire Damage with your discharge.

Instead of adding to maximum power charges, just get as much endurance charges as possible. Due to the Juggernauts "gain max endurance charges effect". As your main source of serious damage is through discharging endurance charges, you should Fire Penetration/CD to your Mjolner instead of Lightning Penetration, get a Fire-Based Doryani's Invitation and add towards Heart of Flame instead of Heart of Thunder. Leech may not be necessary as Kingsguard will be supporting your health sustain completely

Defensively, that armour/evasion combo is really beneficial you survival, whether you go iron reflexes or not. You will also benefit from near permanent physical immunity through max duration immortal calls. Personally, for consistency's sake, I would still recommend picking up RT, and get that "pseudo-freeze immunity" bonus instead of the "+1000 accuracy", as that adds an additional layer of defense.

Overall, im highly interested in this variation and I look forward to see what your testing reveals.
Last edited by iSo1iD on May 27, 2016, 3:04:04 AM
Guys, I have Juggernaut life/armor Mjolner which I designed for 2.2 up & running. You can review it here (videos included in the guide):

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1606509

I've also have Rainbownuke Scion up & running.

What can I say while playing a lot with both? I like the damage and EHP buffor of Rainbownuke. Healing/s is same (VoV excluded). I like the tankiness of my version better.

Now shifting it in the endurance charges direction might improve healing and damage to match Rainbownuke on both (VoV included).

Volls Devo will be a must have with this. Going to try it out with Repentance gloves and fire pen in Mjolner. Also going Crit with +1000 acc as this works relly good and feels like RT.

The problem will be hovewer to balance it in this way that it would have enough ehp and mitigation to prevent one-shots. But... considering you will have 7-8 endurance charges all the time (with 5+ aps molten I'm pretty sure this will be true even when bossing in-between discharges / boss attacks) maybe going full armour wont be needed any more... and those points might go to pure life. Will see. I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

I think that I will also try Witch/Elementalists with 2 golems for whooping 120% ele dmg increase as low life Rainbownuke variation. Mara/Zerker is also tempting so maybe I will try it aswell.

To iSo1iD:
Spoiler
About RT vs +1000 accuracy: even with about 50% acc inc from tree these feels pretty much the same. I encountered 0 problems with consistency with Crit version having that +1000 acc, than Romiras +300 than ~50% increase for a total of 93% c2h @lvl 91. You can see how it works on my videos in my guide.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 27, 2016, 7:16:08 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Guys, I have Juggernaut life/armor Mjolner which I designed for 2.2 up & running. You can review it here (videos included in the guide):

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1606509

I've also have Rainbownuke Scion up & running.

What can I say while playing a lot with both? I like the damage and EHP buffor of Rainbownuke. Healing/s is same (VoV excluded). I like the tankiness of my version better.

Now shifting it in the endurance charges direction might improve healing and damage to match Rainbownuke on both (VoV included).

Volls Devo will be a must have with this. Going to try it out with Repentance gloves and fire pen in Mjolner. Also going Crit with +1000 acc as this works relly good and feels like RT.

The problem will be hovewer to balance it in this way that it would have enough ehp and mitigation to prevent one-shots. But... considering you will have 7-8 endurance charges all the time (with 5+ aps molten I'm pretty sure this will be true even when bossing in-between discharges / boss attacks) maybe going full armour wont be needed any more... and those points might go to pure life. Will see. I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

I think that I will also try Witch/Elementalists with 2 golems for whooping 120% ele dmg increase as low life Rainbownuke variation. Mara/Zerker is also tempting so maybe I will try it aswell.

To iSo1iD:
Spoiler
About RT vs +1000 accuracy: even with about 50% acc inc from tree these feels pretty much the same. I encountered 0 problems with consistency with Crit version having that +1000 acc, than Romiras +300 than ~50% increase for a total of 93% c2h @lvl 91. You can see how it works on my videos in my guide.

Well if you plan on going crit, that +1000 accuracy is definitely ideal. However, my personnel preference is that there isnt a substantial enough reason for me to go crit mjolner, even with my mirrored crit gear.

For crit mjolner, consistency feels similar to RT when you have 90%+ Acc, but it requires some level of passive investment that I personally dislike, and it is still technically a risk (you miss attacks = you die). Furthermore, I prefer not having to deal with mobs with high evasion, which is where RT really shines. Without strong crit multi investment, apart from flask uptime, crit offers no real consistent benefit. Low Life Berserkers stil have the highest damage potential. I'd rather invest my passives elsewhere, such as on life or damage nodes.

I have seen and tested many Rainbownuke builds from Mind over Matter Variants to Crit Kingsguard as well. Since the release of Ascendancy classes, Crit Mjolner builds dont really hold up anymore. If you do enjoy the crit experience however, dont let my words dissuade you, do what you enjoy.

I'm still keen to see what builds are developed around this concept (crit or RT) anyways, I'd probably test a juggernaut as well after I have seen the initial Kingsguard testing.
Last edited by iSo1iD on May 27, 2016, 7:50:29 AM
Crit (with 90%+ acc) provides a bit more dmg, flask charges and shock/burning. Hovewer I've played a lot with both Crit/RT in the past and I understand differences. I'm yet not 100% sure which direction I would go. I'll do some number crunching later on to see what can be done with crit/RT in terms of ehp/dmg/mitigation. I'll go theorycrafting with Mara/Juggernatu heavy endurance charges version first. Than low life Witch/Elementalist/RT than low life/life Mara/Zerker.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Crit (with 90%+ acc) provides a bit more dmg, flask charges and shock/burning. Hovewer I've played a lot with both Crit/RT in the past and I understand differences. I'm yet not 100% sure which direction I would go. I'll do some number crunching later on to see what can be done with crit/RT in terms of ehp/dmg/mitigation. I'll go theorycrafting with Mara/Juggernatu heavy endurance charges version first. Than low life Witch/Elementalist/RT than low life/life Mara/Zerker.

I have yet to come across any concrete data that shows Crit Mjolner being capable of having a higher sustained damage output. With almost perfect crit gear, my unbuffed 4/4 discharge damage sat around 22k, whereas my not-crit 4/4 discharge also sits around 22k. Low-life Marauder on the other hand, just knocks everything out of the park in terms of raw damage output.

Flat damage alone cannot be factored into DPS. As the average number of power charges per discharge is lower for Crit Mjolner (due to the romira's banquet interaction with crit), the average discharge damage for crit mjolner is lower. Furthermore, non-100% hit chance amounts to a reduced sustained DPS as well.

Shock is achieved regularly through using Arc and burning is almost inconsequential to clear speed.

As of now, the only major advantage to crit mjolner seems to be Surgeon Flasks. However, with the ability to gain max endurance charges for juggernaut, which cares little for power charges, we will have to re-examine the damage output of Crit Mjolner builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info