THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

Before I forget and while it's fresh in my mind, going to list my thoughts as of right now on what I think will be decent Ascendancy picks for this particular build. Bear in mind this is all subject to change and nothing is set in stone and I'm not necessarily looking for what will be the best of the best. Also, the order I list them in isn't in any way indicative of how I would personally rank them from least to greatest, or vice-versa. Here are some of my picks that I want to try and think will work out well:

1. Champion

Spoiler
Notables picked:

- Unstoppable Hero
- Fortitude
- First to Strike, Last to Fall
- Inspirational

Should be noted that just with these and the small nodes alone you get a whopping 290% increased Eva/Armour and that's without touching the main passive tree at all! Couple that with permanent Fortify and you have some really interesting picks for LL...go with Grace + Iron Reflexes/Unwavering Stance and your Armour Rating will absolutely skyroocket and physical hits are barely going to scratch you. If you want to go the life variant and maybe use Kingsguard, you might be able to take advantage of both Eva/Armour defenses + Fortify for physical mitigation, run Alpha's Howl for auras and Cannot Be Frozen, and you're packing some nice defenses.

You also get some aura buffs as well as some extra damage from Inspirational and some Movement Speed, too, so that little bit can help, especially the life variant, which can;t take advantage of Pain Attunement, but that's all right. This Ascendancy isn't about max damage, but providing great defense and allowing you to stay alive and deal damage consistently.

2. Juggernaut

Spoiler
Notables picked:

- Undeniable
- Unbreakable
- Unflinching
- Unbreakable

As I already explained about this particular variant, there may be the possibility of not needing to go RT here thanks to the high Accuracy Rating you can get with the Undeniable notable. Add in Unbreakable to give you stun immunity and this means you can take advantage of both Armour and Evasion and go with a hybrid setup...no more losing out to needing Unwavering Stance and thus nullifying your evasion, period. If you still want to go RT then you can drop Undeniable and pick up Unyielding to get that extra Fortify buff, extra damage, and even more life regen.

I don't see the Juggernaut being a LL build, but rather a life variant so you can take advantage of Kingsguard and the extremely powerful Unrelenting node. You'll gain back Endurance Charges so rapidly that you'll heal insanely fast coupled with emergency life potions and with high ECs you may even consider manual casting of Immortal Call. This will negate your armour defense if you can always cast it at the ready, but that will remain to be seen. Alpha's Howl will also be one of your MVPs here once again with the CBF property, allowing you to have lvl 23 elemental auras if you have corrupted versions of them, and the Evasion is offers is also more than respectable.

3. Occultist

Spoiler
Notables picked:

- Wicked Ward
- Vile Bastion
- Profane Bloom
- Malediction

Occultist is likely going to have some of the highest ES totals for this build, and will definitely want to go the LL route to take advantage of everything that it can. Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion are already very potent and offer a lot to the Witch, but now that one can reach Malediction as well...this can REALLY open up some possibilities. The easiest one is that yo can dual-curse with double Blasphemy or Blasphemy + CoH, and you don't need to invest points into Whispers of Doom or gear with +1 Max Curses. HOWEVER, while you don't NEED to invest, you can certainly do so and open up the possibility of a TRIPLE CURSE setup, and there are definitely a few nice combos to choose from. For example...

WLM + TC + Enfeeble -> Defensive, provides additional Life Leech, and makes enemies less threatening.

WLM + Enfeeble + Elemental Weakness -> Offense and defense mixes together.

You could also consider quad-cursing if you have the right items, but gem slots tend to be limited on a LL build, so triple-cursing may be the max most people go for if considering this sort of thing. Still, hard to deny how strong this could very well turn out to be, and you still get the nice defenses provided by Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion to boot.

4. Elementalist

Spoiler
Notables picked:

- Paragon of Calamity
- Liege of the Primordial
- Pendulum of Destruction
- Mastermind of Discord

I think most people realize just how powerful a defensive tool Paragon of Calamity will be, especially in Elemental Reflect maps, which is one of the most dangerous mods this build has to tackle. Couple that with a Saffel's Frame shield, proper flask usage, and good play, and ER modded maps may very well become easy to do and not as big a threat as they once were. LotP allows you to have 2 golems out at once, and you'll likely go with the Fire and Lightning golems, which are not bad choices and having their buffs granted to you doubled and themselves becoming immune to all elemental damage...not too shabby at all.

PoD basically means every four seconds out of ten seconds (if I read it right) your Discharge gets a shot of steroids in the arm, and it's going to absolutely destroy pretty much anything during that time. Bosses will definitely feel the pain as well, and that's not even including Mastermind of Discord, which is something to help boost our fire damage (mostly) from Discharge. Again, just the elemental reflect damage reduction is such a huge boon to this Ascendancy that I can see more than a few people giving it a shot.

5. Pathfinder

Spoiler
Notables picked:

- Nature's Adrenaline
- Master Surgeon
- Nature's Boon
- Master Alchemist

This one is likely going to be a life variant and not touching LL at all. I haven't gotten all of my thoughts together on this one, but given what access a Pathfinder will have to those insane notables along with the flask stuff on the Ranger side of the tree...that's not too shabby at all. Nature's Adrenaline can very well give you a near permanent up time of 15% Movement Speed and 20% IAS, and Master Surgeon means one doesn't need a Staunching affix on any flask as all of your flasks will remove Bleeding, which means bye-bye to COrrupting Blood.

Nature's Boon is nice for the elemental damage reduction and the occasional freebie it can give your flasks, so you can get more uses out of them, though obviously not something to rely on. And finally Master Alchemist means that you cannot have ANY status ailments affecting you (no need for shock removal if you run Vessel of Vinktar) so long as a flask is in effect, and you also get a nice chunk of elemental damage to boot and status ailment chances for whatever you're hitting.

Again, I don't see this particular build being the most damaging by any means, although the little nodes between the notables grant a total of 20% increased flask effects on their own, which is nothing to sneeze at (+1 max resists on all elemental flasks) and that's to say nothing about the new flask types introduced either.

All right, those are some of my thoughts for now, and maybe that'll also stir the pot for others and get their creative juices going. :)
Tanakeah which version you're going to do first? I'm doing what I've posted a page back, that is: Crit Juggernaut fire version and Low life RT Berserker. I can post my impressions here.

EDIT:

Here's low life Elementalist:

Tree:
-------------

Gear:
-------------

Spoiler

Can run PoL + PoF + PoI empowered to lvl 23 and Wrath + Haste + Discipline + lvl 3 enl and WM on Blasphemy with Conqueror's Efficiency jewel.

Build highlights:
--------------------------
(stats with 2 golems up)

+ 7k+ EHP (ES)
+ 5.3+ aps molten
+ 4/4 charges
+ 17k per Discharge with Life leech gem (temporaly dmg increase not counted in)
+ 88/80/89 resitances flasked (82/80/83 unflasked)
+ 100% chance to hit
+ fortify
+ 4.4k es leech/s vs Boss*

(60% curse effectiveness counted in, with life leech gem, no VoV)

It seems that Elementalist can match up in damage with low life Zerke and its 40% more multiplier. All thx to that huge 130% ele increase from passive tree with 2 golems up.

Problems: babysitting golems, no elemental penetration gem, life leech instead or healing will be cripled.

Overall I think that Elementalist as low life is not the best option. It lacks "build in" leeching and looses dmg this way. Some "walk arounds" maybe done to fix this (like CWDT + Ele weakness) but other 2 builds that I've posted page back doesnt need to do that and they are able to dish out similiar if not better dmg.

Lets now compare them all with simplified view:
-------------------------------------------------------

1) Life armor Crit Juggernaut fire focus:

+ 5.1k+ EHP (life)
+ 145k DPS single target (with ele penetration gem)
+ ~90% phys dmg reduction
+ 93/79/92 resistances
+ Fortify
+ 93% accuracy
+ Surgeons flasks
+ Cannot be frozen
+ 7.4k life gained/s vs Boss

2) Low life RT Berserker:

+ 6.9k+ EHP (ES, 10% increased dmg taken not counted in)
+ 141k DPS single target (with ele penetration gem)
+ ~10% phys dmg reduction
+ 88/81/89 resistances
+ Fortify
+ 100% accuracy
+ 3.1k es leech/s vs Boss (without VoV)

3) Low life RT Elementalist:
(with 2 golems up)

+ 7k+ EHP (ES)
+ 137k DPS single target (without ele penetration gem)
+ ~10% phys dmg reduction
+ 88/80/89 resitances
+ Fortify
+ 100% accuracy
+ 4.4k es leech/s vs Boss (without VoV)

Note: DPS and leeching counted using legacy Mjolner and assuming only 2 additional projectiles from Molten Strike will hit same target (so this is minimum you will get - in reality this goes much higher). For non legacy aka "new" Mjolner use exactly 60% of those values (life crit version included).

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 28, 2016, 5:50:24 AM
I'm actually trying the LL zerker to see if it's viable with the upcoming 2.3

Equip:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAEBAjAAe8bYG0WOv8EEVbWezacwn8vSIVcN85toZfPd-OuWbJHOFHEOPN-_20_gwyW86hj3MnzZcqmsqlnzcg-Ub2ZUZp63MYx2FkCFffrSFy-ApFXWZOcdFI9GUfvNFh8Ym6H314RIXGvDbRhqOVJYB6yYEQ_bXlAwOw3v69AfTLMtHx1PNbkRUKcrbRki9GwLkydciu-I-TfXz0mxe9e-iqEvytO0DEZx4Ygdqv5JgwlvnspKX7CbtYTFwzoqOBmK-wn22hqPf8bBxewYj_rQ0F9qcLvZEy9vflknqeq6DXy-gGBDbj3ZWxslS67pAvhfX9AhkOoQvwgkNw==

Auras are: Wrath, haste, PoF, PoL, AA, discipline, plus warlord mark & ele weakness with blasphemy.
Damage with 4/4 charges is 25k without auras and at full life, 37k full buff and lowlife
I'm actually sitting at 5.3 aps, i think i could push it up to about 6 with some good jewel investment, and have a fair amount of 7700 ES, with room for improvements.
The 6 offcolour shavronne is handy to socked both molten strike and lightning strike linked with GMP, faster atk, multistrike, 6th slot can be either LGoH if you don't have it on jewels or fortify, to have perma fortify. Overall, it's a quite balanced, the only downside is that ele reflect maps or no leech maps are absolutely a no-go

5/5 charges maybe is a little overkill, tho
Last edited by Evander1992 on May 28, 2016, 6:55:26 AM
Looks good. Str is just enough for your gear, might not be enough for most players though.

From my calculations: 4/4 charges = 25k per Discharge, 5/5 charges fully buffed = 33k per Discharge.

This is all with CD, ele weakness not counted in.

4/4 charges with LPen is 17k per Discharge which is on pair with my tree. I think going with LPen is a bit less dmg but its safer vs reflect.

You should drop life gain on hit and place fortify instead. Add at least 2x 3 life gain on hit jools and you are good to go.

I personally would rearange aura setups this way that both lvl 21 PoL + PoF would be empowered to lvl 23. You have +1 max light res from tree and AA for additional fire dmg reduction. So both elemental dmg reductions will work similar. Reflect should not be a problem with LPen gem, if it is that for reflect maps switch for Saffels Frame.

EDIT: Im going crit Juggernaut fire focus first, than low life Zerker.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 28, 2016, 7:26:18 AM
Probably going after the non-RT, life Juggernaut version first. I've used Champion before and that won't change too much, but I definitely want to try this one, especially with Immortal Call and seeing if I can get it to be manually cast and thus have complete control over it. Will likely be going Lightning Strike as my main attack and able to switch with Molten Strike for single target.
Last edited by Tanakeah on May 28, 2016, 7:43:42 AM
Yep. If they dont nerf it just before 2.3 release than it will be the best option.

I've just rechecked how much accuracy I have on current crit Juggernaut with very similar passive tree: 3.3k without any additional accuracy from gear (just Romiras). It can go up to 4k easilly with secound ~+350 acc ring, meaning "free" 40 increased attack speed.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
hello and welcome, 7 aps mjolner :D

but the max endurance juggernaut passive sounds so nice i fear they will nerf it just before 2.3 release
Just thought I'd drop in and say thanks for maintaining this build. I've always played life-based Mjolner, but after the flask nerfs I took a break for a while and then decided to try out low life.

I'm level 93 now and having a blast. This is a really fun build. A few things I did differently from this build.
  • I use Intuitive Leap in the socket west of Templar. this lets me get Faith and Steel (10% ES, 8% allres), Overcharge (+1 power charge), Devotion (3% aura effect, +20 strength), and Endurance (+1 endurance charge). This probably isn't optimal at level 100, but it's been working well from 90 to 93.
  • I only have 1 good piece of ES gear, so I took Occultist instead of Champion. This makes stats harder, but it's cheaper to get stats on gear than great ES rolls.
  • I use an Elreon Ring with attack speed. This lets me use a single Life Gain on Hit jewel instead of requiring 3 of them. I've used the extra freedom to enable Intuitive Leap and to use a triple attack speed jewel. The extra attack speed makes a huge difference.
  • I finally splurged and made myself poor by buying a Headhunter. It's not required, but (a) its high stats help with gearing, and (b) it's a lot of fun.

Stats:
  • 25k dmg/discharge with 4 power and 4 endurance charges (no HH mods)
  • 6837 ES (pretty low, I know)
  • 260 unreserved life
  • 13 mana per molten strike
  • 5.75 attacks per second (6.9/sec with Vaal Haste)
  • 80(93) / 79(114) / 81(141) / -38 res in merciless with no charges (yes, a bit unbalanced)

Gear

Jewels

2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Have you all seen the new uniq jools and thinking what I'm thinking? :)
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Edit: i actually tried to come up with a build who relies on new grand jewels, and atm i'm not so sure that they could be worth for this variation of mjolner
Last edited by Evander1992 on May 31, 2016, 3:29:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info