THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

I'm thinking right now about low life aegis aurora block armour build. So far I came up with something like this:

Should run Grace, Wrath, Haste with Enl and PoL + PoF + Disc with Emp at the same time.
Should have 10k armour, 59 block / 39 spell block (before Rumis) with Tempest Shield on and just Rainbowstrides, 200 es gained on block (capped block with non legacy Rumis).
No warlords mark blasphemy setup thou, no HoI.
82/80/83 max resistances (withou PoI).
7k+ es.
5 aps molten.
fortify.
4/4 charges
10k dpu Discharge @ 4/4 with Lpen

I dunno yet is it worth going that route?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 25, 2016, 8:41:44 AM
Guys, after i saw the build in the first post, i came up with a modification, could you give me some feedback about it? i'm quite unsure if it works well in late mapping runs

Basically, i didn't take the 5 nodes needed to reach the "champion of the cause" node, spent 3 points on whispers of doom, to have double cursing, and switched wrath for ele weakness with blasphemy.
Final offensive setup would be with double curse and HoT instead of just warlord mark with wrath and HoT. My question is: is this change worthwile dps-wise?

Wrath is much more powerful than ele weakness... if you're going to give up something to go dual curse with ele weakness, don't give up wrath... it's by far the most powerful offensive tool in this build as it's something like a 32% MORE damage boost
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Damn, didn't notice the more damage multiplier... well then, i think i could squeeze the whole setup a bit to keep wrath and maybe give up HoT

Edit: Tried on Mikelat, keeping wrath is possible, but at the expense of 2 l4 enlighten. Upside is that with dual curse i can go ele weakness for offensive or something like enfeeble to play safe... any thoughts? worth it?
Last edited by Evander1992 on May 25, 2016, 12:30:47 PM
Strong nerf for scion - ber. Do we have to go back with life leech gem ?
RIP in pieces the Scion Ascendant class... Berserker got nerfed through the floor. At first glance, it looks like Scion is going to be a terrible option for this build unless you really need the stats it gives, because all the class options are terrible and the ability to get a 2nd starting area is meaningless.

I am thinking I might go Marauder Berserker - it got a significant buff with the addition of 1% unconditional leech and that combined with the 40% more damage might make it the strongest overall this time around
Last edited by tackle70 on May 26, 2016, 12:18:43 AM
"
T_Speed wrote:
Strong nerf for scion - ber. Do we have to go back with life leech gem ?

Definitely for the difficult bosses.

I plan on just going Marauder Berserker, I think.

I expected the value nerf on scion's berserker node down to 1% since 1.5% seemed quite strong, but they gave this the ol' Blizzard nerf and made it completely useless.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 26, 2016, 12:07:56 AM
Since Perandus almost over and I always wanted to play a Mjölner build, I sold all of my items and bought a volls. Then bought bunch of other things and almost all of needed gems.

Spoiler

Since 23 Auras are important, I linked PoL and PoI with Lvl 3 Empower and Lvl 3 Enlighten and put them on Vertex. This way Enlighten and Empower becomes lvl 4 and Purities 24. I cant afford lvl4 Empower and Enlighten, this was an easy way to cover it. Aura Calculation
I dont know if remaining life will be enough.

Crafted that Shield by chaos spamming. I know spell damage is important on shield but outcome was good enough for me to pass.

I had no idea how jewels are expensive. I made a filter but cant seem to find any good jewel under 30c. What should I do? Tried crafting but couldn't get any good results. How should i craft? alt spam until +3 lgoh, aug and regal?

I am waiting for Perandus to merge with standard so i can play. With the nerfs to Ascendant, what is your plans on passive trees? I'm planning on going Marauder since i have an 80Lvl Marauder and Berserker seems like a good idea.

Can i get your suggestions on gear, links, jewels and passive tree?
Last edited by Wiuxo on May 27, 2016, 12:40:37 AM
I'm probabily going to switch to marauder - berserk to keep leech and have 40% more damage multiplier. To compensate for increased pathing through the tree, I plan to skip the lightning damage branch.
Dunno if it's a viable alternative, but the upside of longer pathing to reach all the things from mara start is that stats are less of a hassle to raise and equip can have lots of other mods
I've just noticed this;

"
Damage to energy shield and mana are not counted toward the savage hit threshold

In this case, what would be the passives for Berserker?
Last edited by Wiuxo on May 26, 2016, 4:44:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info