THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

When I first saw this build i could not believe it was as good as people said, but boy was I wrong. But having tried it out over the past few weeks I have seen the light. I have been able to do double boss village boss with reflect and ugly mods so much safer than any other build. And even reflect on normal maps have been completely trivialized.

Highly approved!
"
werchiel wrote:
Sorry if that question was answered somewhere in this thread but - why not add in tempest shield with CWDT?

Go for it if you can afford the gem slot. I don't have the available slot on my gear at the moment (and I personally would probably slot in a Vaal Discipline over Tempest Shield).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Is CWDT supposed to be level 20?

I'm guessing you want it to activate only if its a huge hit?
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
T_Speed wrote:
why dont we use intuition leap in templar part ?. sacrifice 1 jew for 2 point ?
Btw, tackle, i see in ur example items that most of them have no element res at all and focus on chaos res. However, u still manage to have res at 135. I use my boot and ring with a little res
Spoiler
and only have res at 90% while lighting res barely at 75% with help of jew. How can i improve it that ?

Attack speed and Life Gain on Hit on jewels is so valuable that I don't think it's worth sacrificing a rare jewel to use Intuitive Leap. If you disagree then you should try it for yourself :)

You mentioned in the guide that rare ring could be anything, meaning there are literally no requirements. So wouldn't it be technically the best for us to craft an Elreon ring with 50 STR 50 DEX on it? It would basically make Molten Strike 0 mana cost if you put the gems in the Vertex. Meaning a single +2 Life Gain on Hit jewel would be enough to sustain Leap Slam. Then you could use things like Unique Leap Jewel and save 3-4 points depending on what you're gonna get. You can even go energy shield/attack speed/lightning damage COBALT jewels instead.

Just asking, theoretically this seems like the best option.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
rockmassif wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
T_Speed wrote:
Btw, tackle, i see in ur example items that most of them have no element res at all and focus on chaos res. However, u still manage to have res at 135. I use my boot and ring with a little res
Spoiler
and only have res at 90% while lighting res barely at 75% with help of jew. How can i improve it that ?

Attack speed and Life Gain on Hit on jewels is so valuable that I don't think it's worth sacrificing a rare jewel to use Intuitive Leap. If you disagree then you should try it for yourself :)

You mentioned in the guide that rare ring could be anything, meaning there are literally no requirements. So wouldn't it be technically the best for us to craft an Elreon ring with 50 STR 50 DEX on it? It would basically make Molten Strike 0 mana cost if you put the gems in the Vertex. Meaning a single +2 Life Gain on Hit jewel would be enough to sustain Leap Slam. Then you could use things like Unique Leap Jewel and save 3-4 points depending on what you're gonna get. You can even go energy shield/attack speed/lightning damage COBALT jewels instead.

Remember Elron rings have an item level of 55 i believe. This will limit the rolls of attributes to 33-37.
"

Remember Elron rings have an item level of 55 i believe. This will limit the rolls of attributes to 33-37.

True that but the point still stands, it's possible to create a scenario where you have no mana cost on Molter Strike at all. Saving us from having to use LGOH jewels.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
rockmassif wrote:
"

True that but the point still stands, it's possible to create a scenario where you have no mana cost on Molter Strike at all. Saving us from having to use LGOH jewels.

Yeah it does sound like a cool idea. I think I'm going to look into it as well.
"
rockmassif wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
T_Speed wrote:
Spoiler

I think the reason is because we're not supposed to be using The Vertex end-game - we're supposed to be using a high ES rare. I mean, it makes sense to go for it while you're gunning for end-game gear, but then you have to have LGoH jewels backed up for when you eventually get that circlet...

Unless, of course, using Vertex + intuitive leap outweighs the benefits of a rare jewel + high ES circlet + LGoH combination...

Seems like it is worth consideration...

That spot for Intuitive Leap near the Power/Endurance charge near Templar is damn juicy I have to admit...
Last edited by ggsbv on Apr 8, 2016, 8:51:07 AM
"
ggsbv wrote:
Is CWDT supposed to be level 20?

I'm guessing you want it to activate only if its a huge hit?

Yeah a lot of this is preference. Once I got my gear so that I had ~8.5k+ ES, I just left my CWDT at level 20 to deal with big hits. I've had that there since like 1.2 and haven't tested compared to a lower level CWDT in a while.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Hi tackle!

CAn I add you to my list so i can ask noob questions about the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info