THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

I see. So 6/6 is unnecessary

By the way, tackle70, you mentioned earlier that getting 5/5 means taking "both Endurance charges by Templar, power charge by Witch and power charge from bandits".

However, wouldn't it just be easier to get the power charge + endurance charge from that spot close to the jewel slot we take below Faith and Steel?

By the way, don't you think Intuitive Leap is a great jewel for those who don't have their end-game jewels yet? It saves 3 passive points if you decide to go 5/5 using that power charge + endurance node. It saves the Endurance/Power Charge duration node, as well as the 5% Energy Shield/8% Max Armour node before Faith and Steel. However, are 3 passives worth a Jewel slot? Probably not GG jewel...

Choosing both those nodes means we're at 5/5 without having to change our bandit reward? Or do you have a reason for doing it that way?
"
ggsbv wrote:
However, wouldn't it just be easier to get the power charge + endurance charge from that spot close to the jewel slot we take below Faith and Steel?

Yes. My mistake. That's what happens when you make passive tree suggestions from memory without actually looking at it! Good catch.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:

"
dimanchick wrote:
Why u take fortify with ls if u have it as ascendant?

Because you need to use a red gem (so you can swap in Molten Strike), and even though Fortify is pretty useless, it's the least useless option.

As Ascendant, I would take Fortify out of the Leap Slam link and put in a Vaal Discipline or something like that (or just not use an unset ring).

End charge on melee stun is red gem. If i haven't voll's should i take it? But i think it will be useless. Not like another one fortify, but still useless.
"
dimanchick wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

"
dimanchick wrote:
Why u take fortify with ls if u have it as ascendant?

Because you need to use a red gem (so you can swap in Molten Strike), and even though Fortify is pretty useless, it's the least useless option.

As Ascendant, I would take Fortify out of the Leap Slam link and put in a Vaal Discipline or something like that (or just not use an unset ring).

End charge on melee stun is red gem. If i haven't voll's should i take it? But i think it will be useless. Not like another one fortify, but still useless.

Projectile part of LS won't trigger ECoMS. Even if it did you have so low damage on your actual melee skill you won't be stunning anything.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
I see you have controlled destruction listed which gives 44% more spell damage. Wouldn't elemental focus be better with its 49% more elemental damage?

E: I just tested both gems with arc and elemental focus does more damage. Is there a reason it isn't in the guide?
"
I see you have controlled destruction listed which gives 44% more spell damage. Wouldn't elemental focus be better with its 49% more elemental damage?

E: I just tested both gems with arc and elemental focus does more damage. Is there a reason it isn't in the guide?

Shock is useful and giving up the ability to shock (apart from the Vinktar flask) is not a good idea when Lightning Pen or Controlled Destruction will achieve basically the same damage and allow for shocking.

"
tackle70 wrote:
"

Shock is useful and giving up the ability to shock (apart from the Vinktar flask) is not a good idea when Lightning Pen or Controlled Destruction will achieve basically the same damage and allow for shocking.

I did not see the drawback section of that gem.
"
rockmassif wrote:

Projectile part of LS won't trigger ECoMS. Even if it did you have so low damage on your actual melee skill you won't be stunning anything.

What about Life on hit? For molten strike more than enough +3 life on hit jew. I wanna test it after taking champ.
I made a quick calculator for lightning penetration vs controlled destruction for discharge. Would love some feedback if the calculations are correct.

https://jsfiddle.net/nnv8dsys/28/

Seems that the break point is around 41% base resistance.

Lower than 41%, CD is better.
Higher than 41% LP is better.
Life gain on Hit is possible but not really any more useful than Fortify. The 4th link in the RRGG Lightning Strike is just kind of a dead link for this build at the moment.
Last edited by tackle70 on Apr 10, 2016, 8:09:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info