[2.4] "The Lawn Mower™" God Tier Blade Vortex / UBER & SHAPER deathless / with video! Atlas Ready!

"
NirXY wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:

Your gear is insane for a temp league, how did you get all that? Also have you done core malachai?

Other than the shav's and the shield, I think it's quite average.
Had some luck on corrupting shav's, managed to pull the +1 on my 4th try, Shield was semi-crafted, bought the base with an open suffix and crafted the crit.

still lots of improvements to do, amulets and rings mainly.

edit: oh and no, I didn't kill core malachai yet, maybe i'll revisit him when with the 8pt ascendancy

From someone who took a lot of inspiration from this guide and did this:

Spoiler

A single malachai shouldn't be too much of a problem for you.

Also, some other things:

Forget about Scion for this build. With loss of auto-leech, there's just no more reason to take her anymore.

Best ascendancy classes:

Pathfinder (shock aura + free poison + max block)
Necromancer (free max block, free ele res and chaos res, free second haste)
Assassin (definitely glassiest, but 100% MORE poison damage from crits seemingly begs for some sort of physical build)

Not sure if guardian is a bit too much wishful thinking.
Trickster might be nice as well. ES, evasion, cast/movespeed and now 20% chance to gain 10% of max mana on cast. Byebye mana problems.
"
wage wrote:
Trickster might be nice as well. ES, evasion, cast/movespeed and now 20% chance to gain 10% of max mana on cast. Byebye mana problems.

Yeah, I think I'll roll Trickster for my side project in standard.

If the build does stupid damage, why not go as tanky as possible!

To add further - as others say, we can ditch AssMark, go Warlord's Mark for leech. Can ditch mana in the tree too. Dreamer cluster.

So pretty much - Witch tree, minus first node, Dreamer cluster, Shaper, add Shadow start + Trickster, Ghost Dance, Shade Form, Weave the Arcane, Swift Killer.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Last edited by ElPuppet on May 28, 2016, 1:43:02 AM
"
ElPuppet wrote:
"
wage wrote:

Yeah, I think I'll roll Trickster for my side project in standard.

If the build does stupid damage, why not go as tanky as possible!

To add further - as others say, we can ditch AssMark, go Warlord's Mark for leech. Can ditch mana in the tree too. Dreamer cluster.

So pretty much - Witch tree, minus first node, Dreamer cluster, Shaper, add Shadow start + Trickster, Ghost Dance, Shade Form, Weave the Arcane, Swift Killer.

If you're looking for "as tanky as possible" on blade vortex, the Shadow classes are decidedly not it.

Necromancer and Pathfinder absolutely crush trickster outside of degen edge cases.
"
Necromancer and Pathfinder absolutely crush trickster outside of degen edge cases.

Am I missing something or...How is necromancer possibly good for this build? That's a summoner ascendancy. I also don't personally want Pathfinder, don't really care about all the flask crap and status ailments. I looked it over and it just doesn't seem that effective or needed.

The way *I* see it there's two options, Occultist or Trickster.

The tankiest one would be trickster, going to Shade Form, for even more flat ES and extra evasion. Weave the Arcane for basically no mana problems, and then Swift Killer for 4 frenzy charges + a way to gain them. Walk the Aether is only useful for the extra cast speed, so probably not the option to go for (and we don't need patient reaper either).

Occultist is kind of in the middle between Tank and DPS. Wicked Ward for flat ES (Although less than Trickster), I would then go Profane Bloom, and finally you can take BOTH Vile Bastion and Malediction, or take ONE with Forbidden Power. However, all forbidden power does is give us +1 Max PC, considering that you own Skyforth, not the most efficient for 2 Ascendancy points. I don't think you can really run three Curses, that would take up two extra gem slots (would need another Blasphemy) + reserve problems, so if taking Malediction, you can then drop Whispers of Doom, saving you 3 or 4 points depending on if you went effect or cast speed. If you cannot afford Skyforth or dont want to wear them, then forbidden power is the choice.

Trickster seems to be the most effective and efficient for the points.

Breakdown of Occultist vs. Trickster after cancelling out same stats (I don't include items that are useless for build ie curse duration):

Occultist (Going Vile Bastion + Malediction)
+16% Max ES
+10% ES Recharge Rate
+ES not interrupted by damage if recharge began in last 4 seconds
+Immune to Stun on Full ES
+0.5% ES Recharge / sec for each enemy killed in last 4 seconds
+Profane Bloom Explode, 1/4 of life dealt as chaos
+Cursed Enemies take 10% Increased Damage
+1 Additional Curse AKA + 3/4 Skill Tree points saved by not taking Whispers of Doom
+8% of non chaos damage as extra damage for each enemy killed for 4 seconds (Considering 2 curses)

Trickster:
+16% Cast Speed
+10% Frenzy Charge Duration
+16% Increased Evasion
+41% Max Mana
+20% Mana Regen
+20% Chance to Recover 10% Max Mana when using a Skill
+15% Chance to gain Frenzy on Kill
+1 Max Frenzy Charge
+5% Spell/Attack Dodge
+10% MS While Max ES
+500 Flat Evasion
+150 Flat ES
+20% Inc Cast Speed if ES Recharged within last 5 Seconds
+20% Chance to Evade Attacks while non-max ES

Unfortunately, I don't see a 'pure' DPS Ascendancy for this build. Assassin doesn't work, spells cant inflict bleed, and Scion sucks now. So, that's my two cents. Occultist just has some gimmicky energy shield effects and some extra chaos damage. Trickster not only gives us the most extra energy shield from the flat ES, but also pretty much solves mana problems, gives the build access to 4 frenzy charges, extra movement speed, some dodge, and a nice chunk of evasion.

Conclusion: Given what I'm seeing, Trickster now seems to be the frontrunner for this Blade Vortex build.

That's about it!
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on May 29, 2016, 8:01:36 PM
As far as i understand, Necromancer is mostly for the 30% increased skill effect duration and that offerings affect you. With Bone Offering you get basically free max block as well as you heal for ~600 hp every time you block, so it's a defensive monster. Other than those 2 Ascendency points it doesn't really add much.

Pathfinder uses the 50% flask effect together with a Rumi's to get maxblock and even makes it easier to go spellblock as well (Stone of Lazhwar and Mind Barrier keystone should get you pretty close at least). You also have permanent flask uptime, so vinktars becomes basically a shock aura, and all the other flasks are pretty strong as well. You also poison with your hits. Also no need for Lifeleech gem, since you have flasks running 24/7 anyways. For sure the best pick when it comes to boss kills, especcially with top end gear.

Trickster has lots of ES, Evasion, Attack- and Castspeed, mana regen and can generate frenzy charges pretty reliably. I think it will be the easiest to gear (getting mana reg in addition to everything can make jewellery, etc. very expensive) and will probably have the fastest map clear, thanks to relatively fast whirling blades and cast speed.

Occultist is mostly for the easy power charge generation if you don't have skyforths (you don't need an additional setup like Orb of Storms or another BV setup for power charges). The ES is kinda neat and Profane Bloom might be fun as well.

My personal choice would be either Pathfinder or Trickster, comes down to what you like. Trickster is probabably better for mapping (mostly due to it being faster), Pathfinder better for T15s and Uber thanks to a 6th gem link, poison and max block/spellblock.
Last edited by wage on May 30, 2016, 6:54:50 AM
why isn't the skill tree showing :(
If your using Chrome browser trying to disable the hardware acceleration in it.
The leagues combined, so I combined some cards I was buying in both leagues just for some fun. It's only in standard, but:

But yeah I'll take that corruption. Fairly suited to the build I use as a currency dump in standard!
"
wage wrote:

My personal choice would be either Pathfinder or Trickster, comes down to what you like. Trickster is probabably better for mapping (mostly due to it being faster), Pathfinder better for T15s and Uber thanks to a 6th gem link, poison and max block/spellblock.

Yeah I would definitely go either of the two. Would probably do Trickster for CI / LL and Pathfinder for life, just because I really like having a nice chunky ES pool.
Last edited by ElPuppet on May 30, 2016, 9:53:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info