[2.2 Video Guide] Tanky, High DPS, Crit Blade Vortex Build [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Hi, kinda new to the game, but I was wondering if replacing pathfinder with assassin would be viable? Pathfinder doesn't seem to synergise that well with the build, and I don't see what's so great about pathfinder. If I'm an idiot feel free to say so, but I don't know why buffing flasks is that important, and instead feel that giving the build even more crit is more important.
"
dphorak wrote:
Hi, kinda new to the game, but I was wondering if replacing pathfinder with assassin would be viable? Pathfinder doesn't seem to synergise that well with the build, and I don't see what's so great about pathfinder. If I'm an idiot feel free to say so, but I don't know why buffing flasks is that important, and instead feel that giving the build even more crit is more important.

I was thinking the same thing but mainly for the "10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Hit against Enemies that are on Full Life" that would let me drop the charge generation setup and replace it with another CWDT seup

"
PurityOfOne wrote:
"
dphorak wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but mainly for the "10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Hit against Enemies that are on Full Life" that would let me drop the charge generation setup and replace it with another CWDT seup

I could be wrong but I think it's mainly the 25% increased damage during flask effect. You use them often at higher levels (like granite flask for example) so this seems pretty awesome.
"
PurityOfOne wrote:
"
dphorak wrote:

I am definitely going to get this node. I just can't watch for flasks to be up and clicking both BV. This power charges are nice but painfull to have them up all the time.

This way i can get another CWDT wtih molten shell + life leech...

ty
"
memberx wrote:
"
PurityOfOne wrote:
"
dphorak wrote:

I am definitely going to get this node. I just can't watch for flasks to be up and clicking both BV. This power charges are nice but painfull to have them up all the time.

This way i can get another CWDT wtih molten shell + life leech...

ty

What I did was replace herald of ash with assassin's mark and got a doedre's damning ring for the 2nd curse.

It's a slightly higher mana cost so you have a little less unreserved but not too much. That way I've only been using 1 blade vortex and am always capped on power charges.

It also gives additional chance to receive critical, take extra damage from crits, and some life/mana on kill. I've been happy with it.. I really don't like 2 main skills to keep the power charges up so this is a nice alternative.
do Surgebinders provide anything in this build, i meen 10% chance to gain power charges and we always have Endurence charges up also, and since blade vortex is physical dmg it could be we can dubble dip from them, im only lvl 41 and have never own the gloves, but someone more with more information about the game might know how it works.

kind regards Sinn
Wrong build, sorry.
Last edited by tetsuyae on Mar 9, 2016, 6:28:56 AM
I'm currently lvl 82 with this build and pathfinder is awesome, woudn't change it for assasin. Forever flasks with 25% dmg. I was sceptical before i finished merc lab, but after i got the pathfinder buffs it's much better than expected.
87 as pathfinder ranger, it's just plain awesome :) (doing Nugi's build tho)

One question tho for some more experienced players:

Is Increased Duration required in the 6link? I mean.. We already have 90% from the tree, and with Faster Casting in the link we can get 50 charges anyway, so isn't Increased Duration more of a quality of life thing?

The reason I'm asking is because I rolled 1 green 5 blue on my Lightning Coil, and I took Increased Crit Strikes as 6th link. Haven't tried mapping with it yet today, I will later..
Last edited by Affinity on Mar 9, 2016, 7:36:47 AM
"
87 as pathfinder ranger, it's just plain awesome :) (doing Nugi's build tho)

One question tho for some more experienced players:

Is Increased Duration required in the 6link? I mean.. We already have 90% from the tree, and with Faster Casting in the link we can get 50 charges anyway, so isn't Increased Duration more of a quality of life thing?

The reason I'm asking is because I rolled 1 green 5 blue on my Lightning Coil, and I took Increased Crit Strikes as 6th link. Haven't tried mapping with it yet today, I will later..

Not required, but it makes the build feel much nicer to run. You will indirectly have more damage as well as you will have more knives around you from pack to pack :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info