[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

i bought mine white for 4 ex, someone else also posted he got an even better one for 3.2

we both just chaos spammed it until it hit a decent amount of es

took me around 100 chaos to get 500+ ES

currency comes easy when you start doing uber atziri and tier 14-15 maps on week one

i made couple of exalts just selling high ilvl item bases like ambushers/harbingers/platinum kris and all the ES gear bases

Uber atziri actually wasn't that profitable, in about 13 runs i got axe, masks and only 1 good splendour version

i alch a ton of high ilvl jewelry

if you watched my videos you can see i pick up all the white diamond rings and two stone rings and make quite some cash from it, i've gotten a 1+ ex ring multiple times this league already and alchs are so damn cheap this league, i've been buying them 4:1

IGN JustifiedF
sorry for questions you have answered may be, but what do u get +phys damage nodes for? is it not better to get chaos nodes just near? thx!
And also i want to ask about some gem links, i can't make 6link, its to expensive for hc, so i run with deerstalker(=5link) and i just want to put poison gem somewhere, but don't know where xD cause have bladefall, cluster, cd and trap damage. so that i have some passives for poison but not sure that it's damage will be higher than some other gems.
i am saboteur and i think that some other damage like bear trap is also needed, for bosses e.g. or single mobs, cooldown is bigger than speedclearing and cant kill bosses(hard bossesxD) with triple bladefalltrap
already about 80 lvl
the reason why bosses seem hard to kill with bladefall is because you don't use poison

bear trap is actually way worse than bladefall for single target

reason why is: poison stacks, unlike status ailments which don't and bladefall is a skill that both hits hard and therefore produces high poison stack, it also hits 5 times and applies 5 stacks of poison instantly, add cluster trap into the mix and if they don's pread too much and all hit you apply up to 20 stacks of poison

other reason why poison is so strong is, if poison is applied by trap it benefits from all modifiers to trap damage including multiplier

so since you take so many trapd damage on the tree and use multipliers for trap damage it also makes your poison massive

if you watch my videos i do the tankiest bosses in the game and they melt just using the bladefall trap

I take phys nodes because if they have similar values as chaos nodes it's beter to scale them because of how Armor works in this game, the harder the hit, the more armor it ignores so a 12% phys node will always add more damage than a 12%chaos/poison node, poison node would have to have really high values to be worth taking like fatal toxins for example

in your deerstalker you would use Bladefall - Trap dmg - Cluster trap - Poison
IGN JustifiedF
Started this build a few days ago as an Occultist and I'm just blown away by how fast and safe it is. Haven't died once in my entire time playing it and am having a blast. Total kudos to you for writing up an insane amount of detail into the guide.

The only problem I've run into as an Occultist is that while I'm running around like a insane chipmunk on crack killing everything in sight, I'm very limited by my Trap cooldown. I'm constantly having to stop for a second or two to wait for the trap cooldowns so I can move to the next pack.

Now that you've retired your Cluster Trap Saboteur and have extensive testing with the build sans Binos, would you say that the Offense Saboteur edges out Defensive Occultist overall? Especially since, budget wise, it seems you can could dump the 1ex from Binos into a good ES chest piece to achieve better damage with as high ES still?
Saboteur vs Occultist for UBER?

Also, any new recommendation to my gear except getting rid of binos (im saboteur btw)
@TheMotherGoose

i think Occultist has unprecedented survivability and if i did this build on HC i would do it as an occultist

but you hit the nail on the head with the main issue that class has, is the loss of 40% cdr, it's so huge and while trying out the build on standard without having the node and then playing it later in Perandus with the recovery i think it's extremely hard to give up

I'd definitely reccommend Saboteur to everyone who can afford it, but Occultist is much better if you don't plan leveling into high levels and just want to try out

If you ever get a 6L as an occultist i suggest you try out Trap cooldown recovery, i don't think the build needs a 6th damage links to do highest maps and it will solve all your cooldown issues

@Ripping heads

gear looks good and judging by the talisman you're using you're playing this on standard so i'd definitely get better boots, i'm sure 200+ es boots on standard are like 1c, also if you plan on uber, get a +1 trap magnate, it will help a lot on double vaal, with enough traps out you might actualy be able to nearly oneshot it

other than that maybe craft %es or faster start of shield recharge(i think it's only couple of chaos and helps immensely) on rings if you can afford it, everything else is good

IGN JustifiedF
Thanks for the fast responses, you are awesome! Another question regarding "Damage". What are some key factors in achieving Highest DPS possible? Assuming i toss Bino's and get a spell dagger. What should i get on the dagger? (i asked this a million times in previous posts :D). Furthermore, what gems should be "over" 20/20? Finally, just basic milestones to hit Top DPS!

Thanks,

Adam.
Update on status and another question.

- Lvl 91, Saboteur - haven't even bothered getting the 5th and 6th ascendancy yet.
- The 3.5 exalt 6L ilvl 100 carnal i bought - have thrown 200 chaos - best i could do so far was 511 es, 726 evasion - not too bad, but will aim higher later
- haven't spent too much on the rest of the gear, and am sitting at 9.1k ES naked, 10.6ES with discipline.
- have gone all the way out to the whispers of doom passive to get the 2nd curse vs a deodre's ring. it didn't seem to affect my ES or Mana that much - so feel that it was worth it.
- 2 curses are blasphemy (temporal chains) and enfeeble (lvl 1 cwdt) works fine but i may switch the two around to see how it works. i like having some extra mana to spare with the 2 curses + discipline vs going the double blasphemy + lvl 3 enlighten route.

Question:

How the hell did you rush in 1 week and get to Lvl 14/15 maps. Solo only? Map rotation with friends?

I've steadily grinded on low level maps and my map rotation at level 91 is only level 9/10 maps. I alch all my maps too and am having trouble getting higher maps to level faster. Thoughts?

you can find all those answers right in the gearing section

i don't think quality on gems is neccessary, just look up on poe wiki what each quality gem does and choose what you want

i never felt i'm lacking damage on the build but if you for some reason do i left a lot of room on the tree for damage, you could just go for all of them and drop some %ES if that is your priority

i prefer not dying myself, especially once you start going past lvl 90, at that level it becomes the same whether you're playing HC or SC, you don't want to die because if you start dying on SC you're gonna quit playing your character anyways out of frustration, HC just doesn't give you the option, it chooses for you

if you aim on leveling into 93+ you should just flip all of your gems, they usually ding 20 around lvl 91 or so and then you can get them back up to 18 in like 2 levels

obvious exceptions is you shouldn't flip over the main spell, if you want quality for that just buy a high lvl one with quality

@atlas

i got all my red maps from uber farming, that's about the only reason it's even worth doing uber in this league now that her drops are literally worthless, i couldn't sell some of my garbs for over 25c

but you can find a lot of high tier maps in the zone since it's all blue packs and blue mobs have much higher item quantity multipliers than white mobs

Personal feelings on sustaining high tier map base as i have done so last league without relying on uber farming:

- Double packsize for red tier maps - i can't stress this enough, quantity is absolutely useless stat map sustain wise and it has been proven over and over with various data, quite recently there was a reddit thread that actually proved pretty nicely the only way to sustain is packsize

you settle for single packsize roll only if you also have magic mobs

- last league you use to put domination because it was also a multiplier to packsize, we don't have that this league so no matter how hard you try it's going to be very hard sustaining red tier maps, all oyu're left with are multipliers to quantity and those are not nearly as good as more mobs

- leveling by doing highest tier maps is always going to be a currency loss and if you choose that route you have to accept it, if you want to level past 92(that's around the level when t8-t9s start giving under 1%) it's going to cost you ton of exalts unless you have the stomach to do it 90% of the time by doing tier 8-10 maps like most ladder racing people do

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 18, 2016, 4:21:12 PM
Hi, im wondering how regen ES recharge is managed without bino's? Occultist is obviously a great option.

But how do i solve this puzzle without bino's and without occultist as options?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info