[2.3 Trickster] 17k+ DoT - ED + Abyssal Cry [Start-Atziri / 2.1 Videos -T12 Village + Atziri]

Deadly Toxins - ED + Abyssal Cry // currently level 90

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

PROS:
- Selffound (until mid tier maps then change to variant 2)
- Atziri viable
- Variant 2 is viable in party play (around 5ex total)
- 55% (spell)dodge
- 100% Reflect Safe!
CONS:
Everything that slows you down...
- ground of ice
- temp chain
- tar

Introduction:
Ok when the Talisman League started (Day 1) I decided to give the new Chaos Spells a shot. And boy did I take the right skills for a league start.
The gameplay was... different... its a totally other skill interaction that i havent expierienced in poe yet... still it was/is fun to play. Like I said I started Day1 at the league and I think the first upgrade I got myself was a Geofris (~lvl60) and later a Bino (~lvl80) and then a Consuming Dark (~lvl85).
Im honest to say that I had to change my skilltree 1 time (after the artziri encounter), but was within my Free Respec points. I tried Atziri with level 83 and came deathless to atziri and only died in the splitphase but in my defense it was THE VERY FIRST time i did her... :) so i got myself help and leveled this build to level 90.
When I changed my Skillset from Contaigon (Variant 1 - Selffound) to Abyssal Cry (Cariant 2 - Endgame) my clearspeed was higher than i expected. To be honest I cleared even deathless t11 twinned map with around lvl83 but slow and steady before i switched to variant 2. The idea to improve myself was after reading some builds in the forum and reddit and i adapted some of the interactions. Thats all for now have fun with the build!

Stats:

2.3 Update
Spoiler
Ok the Build itself hasn't changed much!

We got a few more Options:
1. Less Duration for even more Dmg
2. Pierce for some Quality of Life AND more Dmg multiplier!
3. Binos life Reg was capped but still viable!

Acendancy Classes:
1. Assassin isn't an option imo, since we are not going Crit.
2. Saboteur isn't an option imo, since we are not using Traps.
3. Trickster... I know you will say what the heck should I do with this Acendancy class... ;)

Explanation:
I know what you all think:
WHY THE HELL SHOULD I PICK THE USELESS Shade Form!
First of Ghost Dance gives us another +5% (Spell-)Dodge)!
Secondly Shadeform gives a really nice flat Evasion Bonus!
Thirdly it will interact nicly with our low Energyshield!

The reason why is pretty simple,we will pretty much have the side effects always on:

20% increased Attack and Cast Speed if Energy Shield Recharge has started in the past 4 seconds
20% more chance to Evade Attacks while not on full Energy Shield

Castspeed is always a downside of the slow animation and attack speed will be good to travel faster with whirling blades since it got nerfed ;) The 20% more chance is nice aswell!

Therefore I would recommend the following. (Please note that you can choose the order as you wish!)

Normal - Ghost Dance
Spoiler
20% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge
5% chance to Dodge Attacks
5% chance to Dodge Spell Damage
10% increased Movement Speed while on Full Energy Shield

Cruel - Shade Form
Spoiler
+500 to Evasion Rating
+250 to maximum Energy Shield
20% increased Attack and Cast Speed if Energy Shield Recharge has started in the past 4 seconds
20% more chance to Evade Attacks while not on full Energy Shield

Merciless - Patient Reaper
Spoiler
30% increased Damage over Time
60% increased Recovery of Life, Energy Shield and Mana Recovery if you've Killed an Enemy affected by your Damage Over Time in the past 4 seconds

Uber/Endgame Lab - Swift Killer
Spoiler
Frenzy Charge Generation + 1 Frenzy Charge will increase the dmg further!

Gameplay:
ALWAYS TARGET THE WEAKEST (HP wise) mob!

Variant 1:
Cast ED -> Cast Contaigon -> Repeat

For Boss fights
Cast Spell Totem -> Cast ED (-> if adds are there cast contaigon on them) -> Repeat

Variant 2:
Cast ED -> Whirl near/in pack -> Abyssal Cry -> Repeat

For Boss fights
Cast Spell Totem -> Cast ED (-> if adds are there Use Abyssal) -> Repeat

Mechanics:
A lot of people won´t understand that contaigon is not a real dmg spell. Consider it more or less as some kind of curse!
"Curse" a pack with Contaigon and cast 1 ED into them... Due to Contaigon the ED will spread! In variant 2 you wont need contaigon anymore because Abyssal Cry + Poison + Binos will heal you more than the ED+Contaigon combo!

Variant 1 = Selffound
Variant 2 = Binos+Consuming Dark (unless you have a 6L then you WON´T need consuming dark!)

FAQ:
Spoiler

Why do I have 2 Variants?
Basicly you will shift from the Selffound (up to mid maps) to high maps with this gear set up that i discribed in variant 2!

Why dont you use Contaigon instead of Abyssal cry?
Because the Variant 2 will DESTROY screens within seconds the first monster dies!
The skilltree got +Chaos dmg AND +DoT dmg. Since we are linking Void manipulation + Poison to it it double Dips!
The enemy will explode for 8% of his life as CHAOS DMG... Since Consuming Dark Poisons but the Poison Gem even enhances that! So from the Explosion (which will be buffed from the tree) the enemies will be poisoned and will chain reacht which mens that the magic/rares getting like 20 rly strong poison dots on them!

Why are you using Consuming Dark when you are Using the Poison Gem?
I cant afford a 6l hyrris ire or better said I would rather spend my curency on other cool builds :D
If I would have a 6L i could drop consuming dark and take a nice SPELL DMG Dagger!

What are your defense layers?
Temp Chain on Blashphemy
Dodge
Life
Binos Imba Lifereg (Updated - OKish Lifereg!)

Variant 1 - Selffound Gem Setup:
Spoiler
ED + Controlled Destruction + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Slower Projectiles + Empower / Pierce / Less duration
I would have to test it but my gut tells me pierce would be such a huge QoL improvement ... :) (and its a "more" multiplier)

Contaigon + Faster Casting + Increased AOE + Increased Duration

Wither + Faster Casting + Spell Totem

Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Clarity + Arctic Armor + Blasphemy + Temp Chains

CWDT + ED + Contaigon + Increased AOE
Youe can use everything you want but imo its nice to have at least contaigon in it to help spreading the ED. But its you choice!

Variant 2 - Endgame Gem Setup:
Spoiler
ED + Controlled Destruction + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + SlowerProjectiles + Empower / Pierce / Less duration
I would have to test it but my gut tells me pierce would be such a huge QoL improvement ... :) (and its a "more" multiplier)

Abyssal Cry + Increased AOE + Void Manipulation + (Poison/) Less Duration / Item rarity
Poison its optinal now you could use Less Duration aswell as Item rarity!

Wither + Faster Casting + Spell Totem

Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Clarity + Arctic Armor + Blasphemy + Temp Chains

CWDT + ED + Contaigon + Increased AOE
Youe can use everything you want but imo its nice to have at least contaigon in it to help spreading the ED. But its you choice!

Talisman League Gear:
Spoiler

Skilltrees:
Skilltree - 112 Points used

Bandits:
Oak - Kill - Kill

Videos:
T12 Rare Village Ruin Map
Atziri

Leveling Section:
For the sake of my own sanity I make it as simple as possible and think that you would start this build as your first build in the league!
The mods on the Items are listed in order of priority, please note, that this is my personal opinion on the gearing. Ofc if you alrdy have overcapped Resistances you don't have to focus on more Resistances on the gear :)

Gear:
Spoiler

Weapon:
For leveling I would recommend using either Dual Wand or Wand and Shield for leveling!
Later (if you clearspeed is high enough) switch to Daggers for whirling blades!

The mods that you are looking for are:
+ xx% Increased Spell Dmg
+ xx% Increased Cast Speed / Projectile Speed
+ xx% Mana Reg
+ 1 Chaos Gem

Armor - Gloves - Boots - Helmet - Belt - Jewelry:

The mods that you are looking for are:

+ xx% Resistances
+ xx Life
+ Everything Else

Leveling Progression:
Like I stated previously it really depends on the gear that you have. Sometimes you can miss some of the requirements than just spec towards on of the other directions. Don't worry :)

Levling Trees:
This should just give you a basic guideline! Please note that you can spec diffrently depending on you gearstats!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask! If you want more vids feel free to leave a comment!

Changelog:
Spoiler
- General Guide has been published!
- Bandits have been added!
- Added Video
- Added Stat Pics
- Added Atziri Video
- Added 2.2 Update Section
- some formatting
- updated Skilltree
- added Levling Section
- changed / added the gem sections
- Leveling Section added
- Updated the guide 2.2 Ascendancy Classes to 2.3 Patch (Frenzy generation)
Last edited by XRacKS on Jun 1, 2016, 5:28:37 AM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 12:08:40 PM
This build looks really fun, do you think the self healing from ED and the tree you linked is Hardcore viable?

I started a shadow for Caustic arrow, but as a newer player i'm pretty broke and can't afford the +3 bow/drillneck and lightning coil to really make the build work. The tree is pretty similar to this and I've got some refund points so I may try this out.

For the self found portion, taking EVA gear with hp and resists, +chaos talisman and spell damage on wand and a spirit shield? Is cast speed a really low priority since you're spreading ED with contagion which has faster casting slotted?

Really looking forward to seeing the videos.
AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
ASUS M5A99X Evo
EVGA GTX 680 2GB DDR5
Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling Rig
Last edited by Ca1bre on Jan 11, 2016, 12:02:41 PM
Poison support is a wasted link when you run dual consuming darks. Even without them, i find it hard to justify the poison support. Any 30%+ more damage support would be strictly better.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
Ca1bre wrote:
This build looks really fun, do you think the self healing from ED and the tree you linked is Hardcore viable?

I started a shadow for Caustic arrow, but as a newer player i'm pretty broke and can't afford the +3 bow/drillneck and lightning coil to really make the build work. The tree is pretty similar to this and I've got some refund points so I may try this out.

For the self found portion, taking EVA gear with hp and resists, +chaos talisman and spell damage on wand and a spirit shield? Is cast speed a really low priority since you're spreading ED with contagion which has faster casting slotted?

Really looking forward to seeing the videos.

Hey I´m just uploading a video of a rare villiage ruin map... you can decide if its HC viable or not... I don´t know mb... The build really affoardable in terms of items...
Yeah castspeed is kind of rly slow... If you find a +castspeed wand its fine but if you want to use a wand watch out for "increased proj dmg" ! Your basicly just cast 2 spells and then try to kite the "infected" enemies into the next pack... :)
EDIT: I talked to some ppl who checked out my guide and they told me if i wold get myself some good life rolls on my items i could easly reach 5-5,5k life... so i guess ist viable... still tehere is the problem when you DONT dodge and DONT evade your only migration is the lifepool... but that could possible be negated to lightning coil instead of hyrris ire... :)

"
SkyCore wrote:

Poison support is a wasted link when you run dual consuming darks. Even without them, i find it hard to justify the poison support. Any 30%+ more damage support would be strictly better.

Yeah that why I said Empower/Poison... BTW I´m not running dual Consuming Dark... what links would you suggest? (only got 5l)
EDIT: sorry linked the wrong item ... its 1 bino 1 consuming dark now
Last edited by XRacKS on Jan 12, 2016, 2:42:07 AM
Have you ever thought about a crit version? With Voidbringer + Divinarius + Rathpith Globe or any rare crit spell shield? Could it be worth or a waste of time?
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
"
Mordenkran wrote:
Have you ever thought about a crit version? With Voidbringer + Divinarius + Rathpith Globe or any rare crit spell shield? Could it be worth or a waste of time?

Really hard to tell because of the rather slow cast speed on the other hand there is the acendancy class upcoming it could be possible to reach a high crit chance... we would have to check the stats + make a decent skilltree for that but i think its possible but we dont know what gg will change skilltree wise regarding the 2.2 update
Thanks for the answer, but i have several questions to do:
1_ Bino is used for the DoT?
2_ Which talisman is better? Deadhand with spell damage or Chrysalis with spell damage?
3_ Is Hyrri's Ire so useful in this build or can Carcass Jack be better that it?
"
Mordenkran wrote:
2_ Which talisman is better? Deadhand with spell damage or Chrysalis with spell damage?
3_ Is Hyrri's Ire so useful in this build or can Carcass Jack be better that it?

1. Binos is used to spread the poison after an enemy dies!
2. Afaik both are equal in the the 1. variation but in the 2. variation the deadhands talisman gives more dmg on abyssal cry.
3. carcass would make the abyssal cry chainreaction stronger but imo its not that usefull because after the first enemy dies the rest just chainreacts and you have a screen clear if they are spread good... ire was my choice for defense.... of you could go for tabula or something else but imo getting evade + dodge is a nice combo...
"
XRacKS wrote:
"
Mordenkran wrote:

1. Binos is used to spread the poison after an enemy dies!
2. Afaik both are equal in the the 1. variation but in the 2. variation the deadhands talisman gives more dmg on abyssal cry.
3. carcass would make the abyssal cry chainreaction stronger but imo its not that usefull because after the first enemy dies the rest just chainreacts and you have a screen clear if they are spread good... ire was my choice for defense.... of you could go for tabula or something else but imo getting evade + dodge is a nice combo...

Thanks for the advice!!
"
Mordenkran wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

If you have anyquestions regarding the build just let me know ill try to help then :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info