Answers to your Questions!

"
When will we be able to race at our own leisure, not being tied to a preset schedule?

I believe this is going to happen. Not in the upcoming Winterheart season, but probably this year.

That would be one of the most appreciated changes for me and my friends. Working full-time, spending time with your family and living in Europe never made it easy to hit enough races to make it even worth starting. I ended up testing just one season, noticing that I'll never be able to get enough points going for the interesting rewards. I really hope you can come up with a clever idea to keep the amazing "award system" for each race season.
"
GGG still has not updated the official weapons page at http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/weapon, and you guys replied to my post on the last Q&A saying you would fix it. When will that be happening?

We still want to improve the amount of data we expose on the site, but this is not a high priority issue for us currently. I don't have a timeframe for it to give you.

So this means there is outdated or wrong information?

That is a bad decision. You don't give much information to players, because you them to work things out themselves. But if I decide whether to play a game, then i go to the official website. The information there should be accurate and helpful.

"
"One of the major problems we've encountered with previous supporter packs was shipping physical goods out in a timely manner. Despite our best intentions, we were unsatisfied with how long people had to wait in some cases. We believe we have solved this issue with these supporter packs." - Have you solved this issue?

Yes. The current supporter pack items are shipping out very promptly. The Ascendancy shirts are shipped within a week (we're trying to get that down to 1-2 days). Art packs are going out in waves as they are printed (and optionally, signed).

Ah shit, I guess my neighbours stole the T-Shirt.
Last edited by FriendlyPikachu on Jan 8, 2016, 10:06:02 AM
Thanks for your time to answer so many of our questions! :D

Edit: I just wanted to add, that I'd love an alternative skillbar!

"
Chris wrote:
There's a plan to have an alternative bar when you press Ctrl, but this hasn't been done yet. I believe the community were pretty positive about this idea.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jan 8, 2016, 10:09:02 AM
"
mucker wrote:
Thanks for all the answers Chris.

I wish you guys would lean more towards adding the league content as the default plan.
Warbands would be great as an occasional encounter similar to rogues.
Tempests were the best thing that has been added to the map system, making low maps worth running for even the highest level players.
Even if talismans spawned as rare as corrupt zones they would make a nice little change of pace.

Rare encounters break up the grind, keep things interesting, and can create memorable and shareable moments.

Fully agree with this sentiment. I like the new additions to the game, and Warbands was such a different style of introduction, it deserved a spot IMHO.

Edit: I too am a huge fan of the CTRL skill bar suggestion.
Last edited by magpye on Jan 8, 2016, 10:23:22 AM
"
Rushblaze wrote:
"
When will we be able to race at our own leisure, not being tied to a preset schedule?

I believe this is going to happen. Not in the upcoming Winterheart season, but probably this year.

That would be one of the most appreciated changes for me and my friends. Working full-time, spending time with your family and living in Europe never made it easy to hit enough races to make it even worth starting. I ended up testing just one season, noticing that I'll never be able to get enough points going for the interesting rewards. I really hope you can come up with a clever idea to keep the amazing "award system" for each race season.

This is exactly how I feel. However, I live in Central US, but most races tend to fall at times I cannot be available.
Thank you guys for the great community interaction! Its one of the core reasons I play this game.
social noob
GGG, thanks for answering all of these.

Without this post I would have never seen photos from August of your new office, and I would have never discovered that fans send you piles of pizza deliveries. ;-)

Very cool.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
many amazing news hidden in this several pages long post, thanks for taking the time.

and i also had to laugh at the mirror story, we got the same problem in germany where kids take the "fun english" of public adverts as real. it really hurts ones brain to listen to it.
some feedback:

the good
eventually i would love to have a separate skill bar made visible by hitting ctrl, having a different mechanism for handling microtransactions would be amazing and your intention to improve the client (64-bit version?) this year is good news.

i also like that you don't feel pushed by the many requests to improve the current trading mechanics. doing it in steps to evaluate the changes imho is the right way to do.

the bad
that you're still not sure whether you integrate talisman into the main game. i found it fun to play but i would also understand that too many mechanics can confuse new players.

also bad that you can't come up with other "diminishing returns" mechanics than rng to balance the game progress for nolifers and casuals.

and the ugly
although the german translation of "not sufficiently prioritised" means "no change in the forseeable future" it's disappointing that you rather think of improving the curent guild system than rebuild it from scratch and assign guild tabs and member slots to individual players instead one single instance of power.

do i really have to open a guild, accept all real money transfers and kick all the guild supporters after the timeout to enjoy more storage to prove to you it's flawed from it's base? (dang, now my plan is in the wild and nobody will join my guild. but thanks to the poe forum where you can't find any info it's probably safe anyway).

also i think players should be able to trust this site's item info to base their decisions on it. so it should have a high priority.

some additional question
when do you want to make the second weapon slot usable for other means then leveling gems?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I would buy another Chaos keychain were they available. The link on mine gave out at some point and I didn't even notice it was gone until it was too late to find where it was. :( RIP keychain
"
weezamon wrote:
I would buy another Chaos keychain were they available. The link on mine gave out at some point and I didn't even notice it was gone until it was too late to find where it was. :( RIP keychain

i think chris lost his too, that's why he searched the basement...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info