Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Gotta say this is the most fun ive had. Sold every piece of valuable gear I had I bought everything I needed. I like how the Pathfinder tree is looking for Rangers, so I bought the Vinktars, thinking about getting a Taste of Hate for some more defence also since I suck at dodging stuff.

Stats at lvl 83 lacking a few dps talents, with every buff/flasks up:

LA - 73k
BR - 89k

Way more than what is actually needed though, I just like the high numbers. Things are dying just as fast when I had 20-40k.

Spoiler
Last edited by ozten on Feb 15, 2016, 1:46:26 PM
are all you guys using vaal pact?

the degen from blood rage is a lot, even with the life regen on the tree. can't imagine no life regen and trying to run that with only 1 life flask.

it would definitely help with reflect and slower regen maps though. i have actually killed myself once or twice due to physical reflect maps. even though the physical damage i'm doing is ridiculously small, lightning arrow hits a ton of things a ton of times and there is no physical damage mitigation on this build.

i guess the ideal situation would be to have atziri's acuity and not use vaal pact
"
Say_Ten wrote:

the degen from blood rage is a lot, even with the life regen on the tree. can't imagine no life regen and trying to run that with only 1 life flask.

it would definitely help with reflect and slower regen maps though. i have actually killed myself once or twice due to physical reflect maps. even though the physical damage i'm doing is ridiculously small, lightning arrow hits a ton of things a ton of times and there is no physical damage mitigation on this build.

i guess the ideal situation would be to have atziri's acuity and not use vaal pact

I always used it and yes, the degen is so frustrating since u need to kill things all the time or turn it off by removing the gem. BUT now u dont need it or acuity, u only need vessel flask. Try it, best item in game as said before

"
Urdix wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

I always used it and yes, the degen is so frustrating since u need to kill things all the time or turn it off by removing the gem. BUT now u dont need it or acuity, u only need vessel flask. Try it, best item in game as said before

true, i must have missed that. handful of exalts but i guess you've gotta pay to play. will definitely consider this.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Urdix wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

true, i must have missed that. handful of exalts but i guess you've gotta pay to play. will definitely consider this.

you can get 3,6% life regen with master of the arena / Golem's blood / Heart of Oak.
that's anough to get it almost stable vs the 4% for some quality of life. It's nice to be able to drop the frenzy gem. It's so clunky vs most bosses, I rather just shoot em down without frenzy charges.

It's still annoying if you're standing still , like rolling a strongbox in a map with extra degen:
shocked ground / vulnerability / less or no regen

The insta leech from vessel flask >>>>> a little discomfort.
@Minstrelshadrak
thought about master of the arena but its ALMOST a waste. i don't like micromanaging shit either so i would probably just spend the currency on the flask.

i have also never used frenzy. not sure why he even lists it as i haven't seen any utility for it. between blood rage and blast rain, you pretty much have it covered. i guess since frenzy is direct fire (vs. blast rain, which is indirect mortar fire), you might have an easier time with certain annoying bosses, like the flicker dude in the gorge. but i will just copy myself and dump mortars onto the copy.
anybody ever used a +1 arrow quiver with this build?
Would like to hear how it affects blast rain.
@Minstrelshadrak
"
anybody ever used a +1 arrow quiver with this build?
Would like to hear how it affects blast rain.

BR is not a projectile attack, projectile dmg modifers affects it as it is a Bow skill, but +1 projectile does nothing
I see a bunch of people asking for a leveling skill tree but no one seems to want to link

New to Ranger a leveling tree would be GREATLY appreciated.

I really want to try this but want to head the right direction during leveling.

THANKS
IGN: VeeZee
Last edited by VzwsoN on Feb 17, 2016, 1:45:28 PM
"
VzwsoN wrote:
I see a bunch of people asking for a leveling skill tree but no one seems to want to link

New to Ranger a leveling tree would be GREATLY appreciated.

I really want to try this but want to head the right direction during leveling.

THANKS
Your probably not going to get one, the OP fields multiple builds I believe and as most who do, they don't really update their build threads after a period of time.

Best bet is to take the life/damage nodes first then as you get higher, add the crit, frenzy and jewels as you see fit. This is how I leveled my ranger on Talisman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info