Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
Urdix wrote:
1 x chaos orb and problem is solved

haha thats a very good answer, but i would really like to know what to do in such maps, well i reroll them ofc but if the rest of the rolls/pack size is very good i will not want to reroll it.

"
kiernoz wrote:
on no regen maps i usually just dont you blood rage, those frenzies do not really matter, i personally use 4 frenzy and its ok since doing maps is extremally easy even without them, and it cost too much effort to sustain them for bosses. 4 extra points from tree can be used for Acro/Dodge

Why do u mention no regen maps? Dont u use VPact?
6-7 frenzy charges is around 20% MORE dmg, so yes, i would say they matter, especially in enfeeble/temp chains t13+ maps.

I would also like to ask all the pople that are using this build, for high mapping is Vaal Pact really needed? I mean you need to reroll badly degeneration mods in the maps every time because otherwise u need to spam heal pots every 5 seconds.
Wouldnt it be viable without VP?
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Feb 19, 2016, 6:09:33 AM
no, im not using VP since it makes build uncomfortable. sure u can manually switch blood rage off, sure insta leech is nice.

Regen is helpfull, its still hard to overcap blood rage degen but 3.6% to 40% is ok.

i run 1 extra frenzy from bandits, with 3 more i had to use 6 skill points,

for that i can get 56% incr elemental dmg or 2 jewels and duration is still about 13sec so its useless for bosses too. Using Frenzy does not help becouse even without charges bosses melts under Blast Rain so its waste of time generating them.

and even now with 4 frenzy, 3 power t14/15 mob packs melts in 1-2 LA shot so i really dont need max frenzy. you can spend those points better.

you can check my build in my profile - BorgoTalisman
Last edited by kiernoz on Feb 19, 2016, 6:38:09 AM
i have 7 frenzy charges and love that, but in vulnerability maps i won't use blood rage. sometimes i won't even use blood rage in desecrated ground maps. it's really just about how much you want to micro-manage that.

the one thing you DO need to be careful of is running blood rage for too long in ANY map and not finding anything to hit for 10 seconds and your health pool is now at 50% or something stupid. you don't want to go into a fight with a lot of lost life.

as far as other map mods:

No Regen: if you are careful and slow enough, you can do no regen maps (without blood rage...or be crazy and use it anyway). you also have vaal clarity to spam attacks on bosses.

Physical Reflect: at least without vaal pact - be careful, you CAN kill yourself with lightning arrow

Blood Magic: Chaos it, not worth messing around with. i supposed you could take off all auras but fuck that. if you're rolling maps with this mod, you have the currency to re-roll.

Temp Chains: annoying, but doable. just watch for certain mods combined with it, like faster monsters or rogue exiles...anything that can get close to you

can't really think of anything else that's worth noting in terms of what to be careful of

"
kiernoz wrote:
I would also like to ask all the pople that are using this build, for high mapping is Vaal Pact really needed? I mean you need to reroll badly degeneration mods in the maps every time because otherwise u need to spam heal pots every 5 seconds.
Wouldnt it be viable without VP?

I have never used vaal pact and it's fine. The best suggestion I got was to get or buy a Vessel of Vinktar flask since it's a lot cheaper than Atziri's Acuity and provides the same effect essentially.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Physical Reflect: at least without vaal pact - be careful, you CAN kill yourself with lightning arrow

never ever had problem even with 18% phys/Ele refl/Vuln/No Regen

this is main advantage of that build, reflect is nothing
"
kiernoz wrote:
never ever had problem even with 18% phys/Ele refl/Vuln/No Regen

this is main advantage of that build, reflect is nothing

are you doing any physical damage? i don't see any on your character. i WAS (not anymore since i changed quivers). it was so little but with crit/crit multi, repeated lightning arrows into a crowds can do it, especially since there is no physical damage mitigation on this build. so if you aren't doing any physical damage, then there is obviously no problem.

ele ref is easier to deal with since we have resistances. for example you don't have anything but lightning (chaos) damage on your build. my quiver adds something stupid like 4-7 base cold damage. combine that with the increased weapon elemental damage modifiers and even that is noticeable in elemental reflect maps.

so i guess i should have pointed out that if you have any flat damage on your build besides lightning, do some experimentation first before you dive in.

Last edited by Say_Ten on Feb 19, 2016, 7:44:04 AM
I use HoI instead of HoT and switch out chain for ice bite to generate frenzy charges instead of using blood rage.
"
wactober2355 wrote:
I use HoI instead of HoT and switch out chain for ice bite to generate frenzy charges instead of using blood rage.

this waas one of the setups i wanted to try in ascendancy with a Deadeye class since you can get +1 chain. chain is just too good for LA to drop it.
"
kiernoz wrote:
chain is just too good for LA to drop it.

agree. also blood rage gives leech and 20% attack speed, so in general i wouldn't want to give that up either.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
kiernoz wrote:
chain is just too good for LA to drop it.

agree. also blood rage gives leech and 20% attack speed, so in general i wouldn't want to give that up either.

if you see Deadeye class you will notice that getting Ricochet: +1 chain also grants 20% incr att spd. im nut using the Hungry Abyss becouse 0.8% attack damage life leech is just ok i will drop bloodrage for a better skill or spell, i didnt decided yet.

attack speed is not so necessary for that build imho, all in all you cannot spam arrows becouse of low mana pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info