Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

I really dont feel nerf in dmg at all.
"
SToNeD2k9 wrote:
build still with voltaxic? or bow changed after nerf?

voltaxic is still must have for crit bow, otherwise reflect will rekt u.

and with new voltaxic im still able to clear reflect maps without problems, mostly because damage is
40% (after chaos conversion)
10% (after including 75% res)
2% (after including that i reflect up to 20% of damage)
so basically no matter how hard i hit i can still lech it back because i have 2% life leech from vitality void cluster
of course it includes vaal pact, im raider so i dont have to rely on bloodrage thats why i can run it comfortable.
only 1 problem could be running map with ele reflect + elemental weakness, but this combination is pretty rare, i havent rolled it so far in this league.

and dmg wise new voltaxic is pretty similar to previous one. sure it lossess some damage cause of less chaos damage scaling, but on the other hand those points could be invested elsewhere (sniper? to regain some of damage)
and personaly i feel that its more swift now, cause in the past it was pure chaos damage, so mobs with chaos resistance were much harder to kill, while its now 50//50 chaos/lightning which is more versatile.
only problem are mobs with chaos resistance + elemental resistance but there are pretty rare.
Last edited by soilwork3r on Jun 12, 2016, 2:38:09 PM
I can't say I've used the original Voltaxic, so I can't give a damage comparison, but as far as reflect goes...

If it's not named "Shavronne" or "Atziri", I ignore reflect mods.
"
Zephryl wrote:
I can't say I've used the original Voltaxic, so I can't give a damage comparison, but as far as reflect goes...

If it's not named "Shavronne" or "Atziri", I ignore reflect mods.

Damage is a bit noticeably less on Uber did it with 52k Tooltip earlier, and was not as insta-kill as i remember, and after getting Vitality void VP reflect isn't an issue anymore.
"
djnat wrote:
I'm testing my Voltaxic Pathfinder archer after the nerf.

The only combo which can give some real annoyance is ele reflect / -max so far. I still have to get the 2 extra ascendancy points in the endgame labyrinth (which should help a lot against reflect foes, the new Nature's boon sounds amazing).

I want to say the build is still more than enjoyable. The damage is almost the same as before for me, since I replaced Void Manipulation with Increased Critical strikes in both Blast Rain and LA setup. Clear speed is untouched. Still super fast.

My damage setups are now these:

LA | GMP | Chain | WED | Added Lightning | Increased Critical Strikes
BR | Faster Attacks | WED | Added Lightning | Increased Critical Strikes | Concentrated effect

I poison on hit with all the damage I do, since I am a Pathfinder.

I also rearranged my passive tree to counteract the nerfs:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeAdEDHgUtBx4ILg2NDkgPqxEvEYERlha_GYoZjhnXHYMfQSF2I9Mj9iSLJJ0k_SaVKgsrCi5TMFswcTB8Mfo2PTdMN9Q51DpCPs9DMUQNR35JUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLVYVW-loaW69d8mHiYlpirGOnZU1sjG1sbydv8nBSdO11y3b3fXV_K3-Af5Z_xoTFhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nko2_j2CTlZUulYeXBppqm42btZ2qn22gn6XLrJetM6_rt7a74702vea-p8EzwzPDOsSix53I8NNv037UI9aK2sHdRt2o45_nVOpi7T_tg-4O73rw1fc9_MX-uv8Q_94=

if you want more safety, add a Topaz flask in the mix.

Sure, it can't be played blindfolded as before. If you target the mirrored Atziri clone, you will die.

And I don't know if you can safely play using the Frost Wall + pierce LA method in reflect maps in 2.3. For me it's absolutely not required and I still prefer using Blast Rain for single target. Frost Wall is a wander thing.

I'm curious as to why you took Master of the Arena in your skill tree. The melee physical damage seems useless, no?

Last edited by hansantizor on Jun 13, 2016, 11:59:11 PM
"
hansantizor wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
I'm testing my Voltaxic Pathfinder archer after the nerf.

The only combo which can give some real annoyance is ele reflect / -max so far. I still have to get the 2 extra ascendancy points in the endgame labyrinth (which should help a lot against reflect foes, the new Nature's boon sounds amazing).

I want to say the build is still more than enjoyable. The damage is almost the same as before for me, since I replaced Void Manipulation with Increased Critical strikes in both Blast Rain and LA setup. Clear speed is untouched. Still super fast.

My damage setups are now these:

LA | GMP | Chain | WED | Added Lightning | Increased Critical Strikes
BR | Faster Attacks | WED | Added Lightning | Increased Critical Strikes | Concentrated effect

I poison on hit with all the damage I do, since I am a Pathfinder.

I also rearranged my passive tree to counteract the nerfs:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeAdEDHgUtBx4ILg2NDkgPqxEvEYERlha_GYoZjhnXHYMfQSF2I9Mj9iSLJJ0k_SaVKgsrCi5TMFswcTB8Mfo2PTdMN9Q51DpCPs9DMUQNR35JUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLVYVW-loaW69d8mHiYlpirGOnZU1sjG1sbydv8nBSdO11y3b3fXV_K3-Af5Z_xoTFhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nko2_j2CTlZUulYeXBppqm42btZ2qn22gn6XLrJetM6_rt7a74702vea-p8EzwzPDOsSix53I8NNv037UI9aK2sHdRt2o45_nVOpi7T_tg-4O73rw1fc9_MX-uv8Q_94=

if you want more safety, add a Topaz flask in the mix.

Sure, it can't be played blindfolded as before. If you target the mirrored Atziri clone, you will die.

And I don't know if you can safely play using the Frost Wall + pierce LA method in reflect maps in 2.3. For me it's absolutely not required and I still prefer using Blast Rain for single target. Frost Wall is a wander thing.

I'm curious as to why you took Master of the Arena in your skill tree. The melee physical damage seems useless, no?

Probably has Acuity so Life Regen is actually worth it.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I think I will settle for a while with my rings in Prophecy ;)

damn these rings are insane, I've never seen ever remotely close ones on the market, did you craft them yourself? Do you run Coil? With these rings I don't think you can manage the resistances unless it's 30ex worth of gear.

I have a question guys: what's the equivalent of +30% WED in terms of Adds X-X Lightning Damage?
Last edited by etofok on Jun 15, 2016, 5:43:52 AM
Mathil wrote that its arround 1-60 ~ 30 WED. Im not running COIL becouse I cannot link my bow ;( so I run some crap chest without resistance. TO run COIL you need 400 resistance on 2 rings/belt/boots. That is .hard to get^^
Can someone explain the reasoning behind Ice Golem instead of the Lightning one? DPS difference is about nothing (did some tests with and without full buff) yet the 9% cast/attack speed is a decent QoL improvement for pretty much everything I do

Also, tooltip says the golem casts some +lightning damage aura, does it have any impact?
Last edited by etofok on Jun 15, 2016, 2:47:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info